June 25, 2000 01:21 pm UTC
June 25, 2000 01:21 pm UTC

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I just bought a 96 Talon Tsi AWD and loving it. I know that these cars can be modded to double of it's HP. I'd like to start with an exhaust. Could some of you veterans out there give some sound advice. Which cat-back system is the quietest and has dual tips (I don't really like the big single tip (want my car to be a sleeper). Where could I get one in Canada? I have a 99GsX muffler with less than 5000 miles it is shiney and flawless, could I use that and find a cat-back system just up to the muffler? need some info guys.
Thanks for the time and space.
P.S. I've only just begun!!!

Re: Cat-Back Exhaust #185227
June 29, 2000 02:53 pm UTC
June 29, 2000 02:53 pm UTC
Binbrook, Ontario
Andrew Bienhaus Offline
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Andrew Bienhaus  Offline
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Binbrook, Ontario
Your GSX muffler, isn't going to be any different than the stock muffler you have on the car... they're the same car afterall. [Linked Image]

You want a cat back, or turbo back (even better!) exhaust system, probably 3" stainless to begin with, if you truly plan to go as fast as you say.

You can buy them pre-fab, or have them made up. I've heard that Buschur's is pretty good, but loud. He's probably the closest place to you, since you're in Windsor. (He's in Norwalk, Ohio)

Failing that, Marco at Magnus in Toronto, is the next best bet. [Linked Image]

------------------
Andrew Bienhaus - Web-Team Dude
1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Andrew Bienhaus
Bring on the Cobras... she's hungry for snakemeat.
Re: Cat-Back Exhaust #185228
July 01, 2000 10:13 pm UTC
July 01, 2000 10:13 pm UTC

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Andrew, Thanks for the reply. Actually, I don't plan on putting 400 hp but between 225-275 just enough to put a fright into those V8's here in Motorcity. Again, if anyone has any advice on a cat-back that is just as quiet or slightly louder than stock with either dual tips or a single tip smaller than 4" I'd appreciate it.