T
Tim Hunt Offline OP
FP 30 Powered
Tim Hunt  Offline OP
FP 30 Powered
Insane Member
T
Whistler,BC
Hey Ghislain, get your but back to Ontario already, Just found a parts car in Brighton at Taft's auto wreckers. Got the stuff to do the TB switch, Adam bead blasted it for me, Going to start to pull the cyl head starting on Tuesday, If you see this message what did you leave attached to yours when you pulled it. I don't have a ton of room to lift stuff out from under the hood, unfortunately there is a K-car sitting on top of it right now. I also scored a spare ECU to keep around. I also hope to be able to get the tranny endince I have yet to be able to locate a replacement.

Hope to see you back here soon.

2G TSI AWD Magnus 2.3L G4CS Hybrid
Re: Paging Ghislain #203326
July 19, 2000 02:39 am UTC
July 19, 2000 02:39 am UTC
Toronto, Ontario
M
Michael Hamilton Offline
Michael Hamilton  Offline
M
Toronto, Ontario
Can I help?? Can I can I?

Disconnect the downpipe from the exhaust manifold but leave the manifold connected, It probably still has a good seal and unless your manifold is ported then use the one that's on it. Same deal with the intake, there is one bolt holding the intake manifold onto the block but it can be reached if you can squeeze your arm in next to the starter. Do the same as they do, just clip the wires, don't bother trying to disconnect all the harnesses. If it's a registered wreckers then the coolant and oil should already be out of the car so you can clip the coolant lines too. Don't forget to bring the 10mm allen head socket to remove the head bolts (remove them last). There is a place by the alternator bracket that you can put a crowbar under the head to pry it from the gasket after all (ALL) the head bolts are out. If you leave on the intake manifold you may pay an extra $10 for the head but you can usually sneak out with the injectors [Linked Image]

Re: Paging Ghislain #203327
July 23, 2000 02:35 am UTC
July 23, 2000 02:35 am UTC
Trenton, On, Canada.
Ghislain Goudreau Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Ghislain Goudreau  Offline
Trenton, On, Canada.
Hey Man.

Made it back. Give me a call when you get back (Read this...).

Ghislain.

Rouge!!!
Re: Paging Ghislain #203328
July 23, 2000 02:39 am UTC
July 23, 2000 02:39 am UTC
Trenton, On, Canada.
Ghislain Goudreau Offline
Ghislain Goudreau  Offline
Trenton, On, Canada.
Me again.

TX Mike. We'll probably try to scavenge as much as we can out of that car... I'll make sure I wear deep pockets.

Ghislain.

Rouge!!!