August 10, 2000 06:10 am UTC
Welland, Ontario
P
Paul Kolbuc Offline OP
Paul Kolbuc  Offline OP
P
Welland, Ontario
Finally got the engine today.
Looks very similar, expect that the intake says CYCLONE,(looks just like the one on page 2A-21 of the Haynes manual, and all the other 1G NT's..will know better after a closer inspection)
The throttle body looks smaller, I'll try to measure it tomorrow. Looks like only one hole plugs into the top of the TB, where there is usually 2 or 3. The Air can is an odd shape, with some extra holes, and the hose to the TB is must shorter. I'll have a better look at it tomorrow. After I picked it up today and got home, I had to run to work.
Will try to get some pics for those interested.

Re: Got my 1G NT JDM today #203358
August 11, 2000 02:35 am UTC
August 11, 2000 02:35 am UTC
Trenton, On, Canada.
Ghislain Goudreau Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Ghislain Goudreau  Offline
Trenton, On, Canada.
Hey Man!

You might be able to put your TB on the Cyclone intake. Tim Hunt had a 52mm TB and he put a 60mm on his car. Was not that hard but he had to change the wire harness to the TPS and had to use a slightly different fuel rail because of a slight interference between the original one and the new TB. You probably have a 60mm TB on your dead engine and you should be able to get one of the fuel rail to work without interference.

Anyway, have a look at this previous post and tell me which one is on your car and which is on the new powerplant.
http://www.ca.dsm.org/non-cgi/Forum20/HTML/000019.html

Rock on Dude.

Ghislain.

Rouge!!!
Re: Got my 1G NT JDM today #203359
August 11, 2000 05:17 am UTC
August 11, 2000 05:17 am UTC
Welland, Ontario
P
Paul Kolbuc Offline OP
Paul Kolbuc  Offline OP
P
Welland, Ontario
I just got home from work, and measured it, where the hose attatches ~64mm accross if I measured it right.

It looks like neither of those pics man.
It only has one rubber hose not 2 or 3.
And where the EGR goes, there is a block off plate(no suprise there)

Tomorrow I've got the day off, so will have a better observation of the whole thing, and get some pics taken.

Re: Got my 1G NT JDM today #203360
August 11, 2000 12:52 pm UTC
August 11, 2000 12:52 pm UTC
Trenton, On, Canada.
Ghislain Goudreau Offline
Ghislain Goudreau  Offline
Trenton, On, Canada.
You could keep it (TB) if you are not planing to reinstall an EGR valve... This is what the 2nd and 3rd vacuum line are for . One goes from the TB to the thermo valve and the other to the EGR... Look at the vacuum scematic in the Haynes.

Have a look at the TPS and see if it has a disconectable plug. Tim's old 52mm TB did not have a disconectable plug, he got one out of a dead car and spliced it in, 5 year old could do it, just have to follow the colour code on the wires (3). I'd go for this type.

I'll be waiting for you pic.

Ghislain.

Rouge!!!