April 19, 2001 03:30 am UTC
April 19, 2001 03:30 am UTC
brampton
chris esquejo Offline OP
Insane Member
chris esquejo  Offline OP
Insane Member
brampton
i have a 91 2000 gtx...does anyone know how to install an intake and modify the maf system...and what are those plastic things coming out of my air box...one's a hose type thing that goes just behind the rad the other is a "blocky" thing in front of the filter box...

------------------
i can beat any bus or rig...so watch out

91 GGSX-trying to build a DD 10 min. @ a time
Re: air box #203603
April 21, 2001 05:42 am UTC
April 21, 2001 05:42 am UTC
North of T.O.
L
Len Randall Offline
Serious Member
Len Randall  Offline
Serious Member
L
North of T.O.
You want to be careful making mods to the the MAF. I was looking at mine tonight but didnt pull it out completely.

My GTX seens to be running quite stoich. I pulled all the plugs and they were goldish white already not like the talons which are running rich from the factory.

'92 Talon TSi AWD.
Re: air box #203604
April 22, 2001 01:47 pm UTC
April 22, 2001 01:47 pm UTC
Trenton, On, Canada.
Ghislain Goudreau Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Ghislain Goudreau  Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Trenton, On, Canada.
Hey.

I did a few experimentation with the MAF on my 1G NT.

Basiclly the only thing we can remove without fracking too much with the A/F mix at idle is the silencer.

I tried to remove the two tubes but found the engine was running lean at idle. I removed the vacuum line from the Fuel Pressure Regulator (Gives you an extra 10 PSI at lower vacuum). It ran a little ritcher but was not perfect.

WOT was running just fine with the Two Tubes out and the Vacuum Line removed. I keep this set-up for the track. It gives a hell of a better throttle responce. Fuel Gauge Needle goes down pretty fast though... ;.)

I also tried to "sweeten" thing up using a 10K Pot. I tried to put it on both; Brometric and Temp Sensor without any significan improvement.

You can view a pic an a little text about those experimentation. BTW, it has been a while since I updated this page... Scrool down to the "Mass Airflow Sensor".
http://www.lks.net/~ghislisa/DSMMod.htm

At last; I drilled out the Plastic Rivets in order to removed the two tubes. I use two Countersink Screws in order to put them (Two Tubes) back on for daily use.

Hope you enjoy!

Ghislain.

Rouge!!!