April 23, 2001 10:07 pm UTC
April 23, 2001 10:07 pm UTC

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Ok I have a 1993 eagle ES talon Non Turbo and I'm installing headers. First of all will the headers bolt on to my existing muffler? and second of all When I go to buy headers what information will I need to give them? And finally how hard is this job. It looks quite easy I think. Please reply thx

Brad

Re: headers #203609
April 24, 2001 12:31 am UTC
April 24, 2001 12:31 am UTC
Trenton, On, Canada.
Ghislain Goudreau Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Ghislain Goudreau  Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Trenton, On, Canada.
Hey!

I put a set of Pace Setters on my 1991 Laser NT last spring. Had to clean the inside Runners before it could be bolted on. Workmanship is like crap. Did it using a Dremel Tool.

Also had to Strip the paint as the stuff it came with burns off in 20 min after starting the Motor. I sprayed it with High Tepm Stuff. It's has been a year and it looks like sh!t. I should of have them Coated or get a better one. Was broke at the time and needed to replaced the Downpipe and Exthaust Manifold as both were like Swiss Cheese...

Archer Racing and Brushur Racing makes some for the NT. They will cost you more but you'll probably enjoy them better than the dreaded Pace Setters. Or make sure you buy the Headers with the "Armour Coat". I think it's like an extra $100can.

You can view a few pic on this page of mine;
http://www.lks.net/~ghislisa/Headers.htm

Don't be shy to drop me a line if you need a little more info.

Ghislain.

Rouge!!!
Re: headers #203610
May 01, 2001 04:24 am UTC
May 01, 2001 04:24 am UTC
Campbellville, Ontario
E
Eric Svilans Offline
Eric Svilans  Offline
E
Campbellville, Ontario
Hi Brad,

I installed pacesetter headers on my 90 NT Laser. This was the first time I've ever done any kind of exhaust work, however I found the installation pretty straightforward. The only trouble I has was with the headers themselves. The threads for where the O2 sensor goes were all messed up. I noticed that the threads on the 02 sensor were the same as the new spark plugs I bought. (I just happened to put the sensor down on the table next to one!) I went to Canadian Tire and used their "rent a tool" program and got myself a spark plug chaser (has spark plug threads on it). After 2 minutes with that tool, the threads were straightened out and everything went fine from there.

The pacesetters come in two pieces which made installation a lot easier. I had no problems with matching up to existing stock parts in my car.

I bought my headers through UAP. I said: "I would like some pacesetter headers for a 1990 Plymouth Laser 2.0L NT please!" and they did the rest. I wanted the ceramic coated ones but that would have meant waiting 4 or 5 more weeks! [Linked Image] Oh well.

After all the black paint burned off them and the car had cooled down again, I spent over an hour masking off everything in preparation to paint them in the car with grey flame-proof paint. I know, I shoulda taken them off again... or just had them sandblasted in the first place, but I'm just too lazy. The final result was better than I had hoped. The paint still looks great a little over a year after I've installed them, but given another chance I would have waited for the ceramic-coated ones. [Linked Image]

------------------
Eric "No Spleen" Svilans
'90 Laser @ 141.7 dB

Eric "No Spleen" Svilans
'90 Laser @ 141.7 dB