Brian Wylie Online content OP
Serious Member
Brian Wylie  Online Content OP
Serious Member
B
Dundas
Hey guys.
I've got a 1996 Talon Esi.
I need front brake pads and I was wondering if there is a certain brand I should buy?
How much would I be looking at spending for a set of front pads?

Thanks
Brian

Re: Brakes #204164
June 15, 2002 06:07 pm UTC
June 15, 2002 06:07 pm UTC
Trenton, On, Canada.
Ghislain Goudreau Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Ghislain Goudreau  Offline
Trenton, On, Canada.
Hey.

I've been using the Metal Axxis/PBR for the past year with good results. Thay are a very good Street Pad and don't chew up the Rotor. Not that much dust. They have an excellent bite when hot and very little fade, even while Lapping.

You can get them at UAP NAPA through "Altrom". Not all of the Napa guys know about Altrom. I can't find the site...

Most shop will know these Pads as PBR. They are pretty affordable. Think they go for about $40can (front).

Other good Pads are KVR. Scott had those on his Car last year. Onet thing with KVR; They are very dusty. PBR have a better bite.

EBC have a few "Flavors" but might be an "Overkill" for Street use. Some of these Pads also chew up the Rotor pretty bad specially if you only use them on the Road as they don't get to operating tempeture.

Portfeild also have good products but I don't personally know anybody that use them.

You could also ask your Local Parts Store for a Semi-Metalic Pad if you are just looking for regular Brake Pads. Just stay away from an "Organic Pad" (I call them soap) as they will Fade very fast. Organic Pads also don't conduct Heat as good as a Semi or Metalic Pads. That could lead to Rotor Warp. I stay away from Organic (also refered to as Conventional).

Maybe somebody else has good info to give you.

Hope this helps.

Ghislain.

Rouge!!!
Re: Brakes #204165
June 15, 2002 07:48 pm UTC
June 15, 2002 07:48 pm UTC
Toronto, ON
Shawn Petrie Offline
Shawn Petrie  Offline
Toronto, ON
i would reccomend a set of KVR's from performance improvements. not sure if they are sold anywhere else.

i paid about $74 retail for mine, and im very happy. i think they are semi carbon.......instant seating/break in, very little brake dust, very quiet, and no fade

i can get you the part number on monday when i get home.

92 TSi AWD
Fast!!!
02 Honda RC51 1000R
FASTER!!!
Re: Brakes #204166
June 15, 2002 10:35 pm UTC
June 15, 2002 10:35 pm UTC
Trenton, On, Canada.
Ghislain Goudreau Offline
Ghislain Goudreau  Offline
Trenton, On, Canada.
Not trying to piss you off Shawn but the PBR/Axxis have better performance and create less dust than the KVRs.

That statment of mine is based on one year of Lapping. I was and still running the Axxis and Scott went from the KVR to the Axxis. His observation was a better bite and not as much Dust with the Axxis for about 2/3 of the price.

Having said that the KVR are a very good Pads but I'd personally stay away from them because of the dust issue.

These are Scott's and I's observations.

Ghislain.

Rouge!!!