January 12, 2004 08:23 pm UTC
January 12, 2004 08:23 pm UTC
Colborne
Adam Grenon Offline OP
Insane Member
Adam Grenon  Offline OP
Insane Member
Colborne
Come spring time, I will be swapping out my nt engine for a 91 turbo engine. Im going to list what i think needs to be done from the reading that ive doen adn things ive learned from the posts on here. I will have a 91 donor car that is complete

Ok here goes

1 -To keep my transmission I need to put my nt flywheel onto the turbo engine, Correct yes?

For a decent clutch i would need something to fit an nt transmission is there an act to do this job?

2- I will need to upgrade my fuel pump to the turbo pump or aftermarket replacement is there any differences other then mechanical function between a nt pump and turbo pump (as in is it going to fit??)

3 - I understand i will require the turbo ecu, knock sensor, resistor pack and fpr, mas (i got the can to) and bcs (this is optional? not sure how it works), also i will need to run some extra wires along my harness to the ecu plug inside the car im a little confused about this, i clearly know that there is mas wires but what else is there??

4- Intercooler and piping, simple make it fit and work

5- vacuum lines & emissions(what do i need to know or look for?) and to make life easier what can i eliminate (taboo mod??)

6- Am i missing anything, I always try to read as much as possible when i can, but things can get missundestood along my way

Thanks In advance
Adam

2012 - Lancer Ralliart Octane Blue
1991 - Talon Tsi AWD FP HTA 71
1992 - Talon Tsi AWD on hold
Re: 92 esi engine swap #204937
January 12, 2004 09:51 pm UTC
January 12, 2004 09:51 pm UTC
Toronto
Rob Cauduro Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Rob Cauduro  Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Toronto
Originally posted by Adam Grenon:
3 - I understand i will require the turbo ecu, knock sensor, resistor pack and fpr, mas (i got the can to) and bcs (this is optional? not sure how it works), also i will need to run some extra wires along my harness to the ecu plug inside the car im a little confused about this, i clearly know that there is mas wires but what else is there??
The engine should have all these sensors and the fpr on it already. Just wire the knock sensor and maf 7th wire to the ecu because your N/T harness wont have those wires in it.

Dont worry about the bcs or emmision solinoids

TSI fuel pump should be a direct bolt in. Just replace the pump itself, you dont need the whole sending unit.

Hope this helps