Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Anyone know European food/product importers?? Also Barrie ON info needed. #205621
February 13, 2005 01:44 pm UTC
February 13, 2005 01:44 pm UTC
Toronto, Ontario,Canada
T
Thomas Toth Offline OP
Insane Member
Thomas Toth  Offline OP
Insane Member
T
Toronto, Ontario,Canada
Hey guys,

i'm wondering if anyone knows someone or a place that imports all diff kinds of European goods? A main distributor or distributors that sell to small business's wholesale or anything. Anything from Hungarian,German,Polsih etc etc chocholates, candy, other sweets and also other Euro canned/jarred goods and more.
I found 1 or 2 places but i would like a big warriety of items from different importers .

Also if anyone can help me with finding out the European population In Barrie Ontario and what is the majority of European population in Barrie Ontario. I dis searches on google but i couldn't find anything good.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks alot in advance. smile

Re: Anyone know European food/product importers?? Also Barrie ON info needed. #205622
February 13, 2005 02:03 pm UTC
February 13, 2005 02:03 pm UTC
Waterloo, ON
T
Tim Brown Offline
Tim Brown  Offline
T
Waterloo, ON
The place I know is a retailer in Waterloo we have a large European population here (German). This place has alot of that sort of stuff. I buy lunch their frequently. I get a can of Fanta with a polish label. smile The place is called Bradys Deli on either Phillip or Albert St. (Its on the Corner) I can look for something specific for you if you like.

Re: Anyone know European food/product importers?? Also Barrie ON info needed. #205623
February 13, 2005 04:26 pm UTC
February 13, 2005 04:26 pm UTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know ALOT of polish people frequent to Barrie in the summer. I have a cottage in that area(i'm polish).
Surprisingly, the largest Polish population is in Mississauga, I thought it was middle eastern people, but I'm wrong.

Re: Anyone know European food/product importers?? Also Barrie ON info needed. #205624
February 13, 2005 05:04 pm UTC
February 13, 2005 05:04 pm UTC
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ziggy Dietrich Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Ziggy Dietrich  Offline
Niagara Falls, Ontario
In Hamilton we have Denningers "foods of the world". They import and retail, I don't know if they wholesale or not. I do know they have their own meat packaging plant, and they are very well known in the European community (especially German).

"bluebird" worlds fastest scooter ridden by me
"Whitebird" RIP
Re: Anyone know European food/product importers?? Also Barrie ON info needed. #205625
February 13, 2005 06:30 pm UTC
February 13, 2005 06:30 pm UTC
Toronto, Ontario,Canada
T
Thomas Toth Offline OP
Insane Member
Thomas Toth  Offline OP
Insane Member
T
Toronto, Ontario,Canada
Thanks guys,

i know Omega foods has alot of Polish products which is good. I will be also needing few other European countries goodies when hopefully my new business gets going in Barrie smile
Going to be a Hungarian Food take out with a little subway style eat in seating along with a store section that sells European products as well. Hopefully everything works out and it gets going later this summer.

Tim

Fanta rocks !! Thats all i can say about that laugh
Deff will be in stock on my shelves hehe.
Also if you something more specific that be great, looking for wholesalers of these products.

Dominik,

yeah alot of Europeans travel to and through Barrie in the summer, the gateway to Wasaga laugh
European store on Bayfield would work nice i think .

Ziggy

i will try and search for them thanks.

Thanks aot guys and please keep the ideas coming.

Re: Anyone know European food/product importers?? Also Barrie ON info needed. #205626
February 13, 2005 06:33 pm UTC
February 13, 2005 06:33 pm UTC
Toronto, Ontario,Canada
T
Thomas Toth Offline OP
Insane Member
Thomas Toth  Offline OP
Insane Member
T
Toronto, Ontario,Canada
One more thing,

i know alot of Europeans on this board, if anyone has european chocholates , candies, pickles, mayo or anything any kind of European products, can you please check the label or the back of the package and look for a sticker or printing that shows who the products importer is. I can search for it online after.

Would be greatly apreciated. smile

Re: Anyone know European food/product importers?? Also Barrie ON info needed. #205627
February 13, 2005 08:20 pm UTC
February 13, 2005 08:20 pm UTC
GTA
Tim Grechin Offline
Tim Grechin  Offline
GTA
Hey Thomas,
I was in Barrie last night with some Italian speaking, heavy Europian influenced guys. They tended to make fun of the Barrie population and all the people who lived there.

Mungie-cake-ville was the term used. I heavily agree. Unfortunately the population consists of a lot of white trash. I know the term isn't politically correct but it's the best way to describe Barrie. Great for parties, has everything Mississauga has but the culture isn't diverse.

There is one Italian Eatery around town I do believe (which shocked my friends), so hopefully your business thrives with what Barrie is missing.

11.254@132.14MPH - Tractionally impaired
Re: Anyone know European food/product importers?? Also Barrie ON info needed. #205628
February 14, 2005 04:38 am UTC
February 14, 2005 04:38 am UTC
Toronto, Ontario,Canada
T
Thomas Toth Offline OP
Insane Member
Thomas Toth  Offline OP
Insane Member
T
Toronto, Ontario,Canada
Originally posted by Tim Grech:
Hey Thomas,
I was in Barrie last night with some Italian speaking, heavy Europian influenced guys. They tended to make fun of the Barrie population and all the people who lived there.

Mungie-cake-ville was the term used. I heavily agree. Unfortunately the population consists of a lot of white trash. I know the term isn't politically correct but it's the best way to describe Barrie. Great for parties, has everything Mississauga has but the culture isn't diverse.

There is one Italian Eatery around town I do believe (which shocked my friends), so hopefully your business thrives with what Barrie is missing.
That is what i thought of Barrie also until i started going up last year and checking things out. It wasnt the Barrie i knew 10 years ago thats for sure, i couldnt belive what it's become now. Fastest growing city in North America i belive. My and my business parners initial plan was on take out Hungarian food with a little sit down area. Then from there, selling products idea came up . There is a European store up there that i know of and seen, nothing big and crazy . We dont wanna go to nuts , maybe 1200-1400 sqft with everything in one, take out, sit down are and a small nice sized store area. We can only hope for the best and ram Barrie with advertising.

Anyone from Barrie will hear about us sooner or later, either on the local radio or flyers delivered by Canada post and us. laugh laugh
Keep an eye out for www.hungryhungarian.com smile

We will make the "manji cakes " as i know it also love the goods hehe. I hope !
From what i heard from people there are Polish,German, Dutch imigrants up there and im sure there some Italians also cause i mean they are everywhere lol.

Re: Anyone know European food/product importers?? Also Barrie ON info needed. #205629
February 14, 2005 05:14 am UTC
February 14, 2005 05:14 am UTC
Toronto
R
Robert Dike Offline
Serious Member
Robert Dike  Offline
Serious Member
R
Toronto
Been a year since I stayed in Barrie but there was a British Goods store in in the plaza with the MTO License Office on Yonge near Huronia. There also was a Hungarian Restaurant across the road, excellent food by the way.

As for the population, of course it was mostly all native born Canadians until the early 90’s (white trash as you may call us :-) ) when it started growing like a bat out of hell. There are all ethnic groups in Barrie now, anyone who wanted to get out of Toronto and “live in a better environment for their children”.

Re: Anyone know European food/product importers?? Also Barrie ON info needed. #205630
February 14, 2005 05:45 am UTC
February 14, 2005 05:45 am UTC
GTA
Tim Grechin Offline
Tim Grechin  Offline
GTA
Yeah, Barrie is turning around. I see Barrie as Aurora was 10 years ago.

I live in Barrie during the school year. This year I'll be living there from May until September. I just see Barrie as little Mississauga. And it's close to the beach(where the girls always are). Still predominantly white folk. Then again, I'm white trash myself in a way.

11.254@132.14MPH - Tractionally impaired
Re: Anyone know European food/product importers?? Also Barrie ON info needed. #205631
February 14, 2005 01:02 pm UTC
February 14, 2005 01:02 pm UTC
London
mike leclerc Offline
Serious Member
mike leclerc  Offline
Serious Member
London
it's like being white is a bad thing now?

anyways...off the food, but european anyways....i want to get light bulbs from europe. they are supposed to last 6,000 years here because of the difference in voltage. thats a good exchange rate!

92 talon esi, 91 talon
91 talon tsi AWD, 95 talipse AWD 12.4 RIP
95 talon AWD, 99 Syder AWD project
Re: Anyone know European food/product importers?? Also Barrie ON info needed. #205632
February 14, 2005 06:10 pm UTC
February 14, 2005 06:10 pm UTC
Queensville/Gold Coast, Austra...
J
James Lewis Offline
Serious Member
James Lewis  Offline
Serious Member
J
Queensville/Gold Coast, Austra...
Thomas, Barrie is a very quickly growning city and is fastly becoming a hotbed for ethnic diversity. If you want some information on demographics it's a good bet to check www.statscan.ca The info is a few years outdated unless you have a subscription, which any new business should. It's a good resource, I'll try to get some solid, upto date info for you from school if you'd like. Just PM me, I've got access from my library here at school. Cheers

Re: Anyone know European food/product importers?? Also Barrie ON info needed. #205633
February 15, 2005 12:46 am UTC
February 15, 2005 12:46 am UTC
Whitby, ON
Mike Kozlakowski Offline
Serious Member
Mike Kozlakowski  Offline
Serious Member
Whitby, ON
Thomas,
Check out S&F Food Importers:

http://www.sf-foods.com/index1.html

Mike - '92 RS-AWD-T   <- SOLD
Re: Anyone know European food/product importers?? Also Barrie ON info needed. #205634
February 15, 2005 08:55 pm UTC
February 15, 2005 08:55 pm UTC
Toronto, Ontario,Canada
T
Thomas Toth Offline OP
Insane Member
Thomas Toth  Offline OP
Insane Member
T
Toronto, Ontario,Canada
Thanks for all the input guys. smile