May 28, 2007 02:58 am UTC
May 28, 2007 02:58 am UTC
NiagaraFalls, ON
Paul Bratina Offline OP
Insane Member
Paul Bratina  Offline OP
Insane Member
NiagaraFalls, ON
These are hardly worth mentioning, but it's early in the season and the car's only been on the road a week or so, so what the hey. The only reason I even mention these is that my I'm still fiddling with my new setup and thus the car is BADLY tuned, can't run anywhere near full boost, etc, etc. and yet the car is STILL capable of being the theme of a kill story.

Anyway, on to the details . . .

First encounter was with a (I assume) fairly new Beamer 323ci. For those of you familiar with the Hamilton area, it took place on the 403 eastbound just down from the mountain. (For those of you who aren't familiar, you'll have to use your imagination). Apparently the Beamer took my entrance to the highway (from the Linc ramp) as a bit of an invitation to be put in my place. I recognized his intentions and quickly moved into the right lane to allow him to "school" me. He accelerated hard in the left lane. I jumped in behind him and did likewise. Was all over his bumper. He passed a couple of slower cars, found some open road in the left lane and tried to out "autobahn" me. Didn't work. Was all over his rear bumper. I even pulled beside him and slowed down to match his speed. He got the message. I wasn't the underpowered rice-boy he thought. I should mention that everytime I boosted past about 15psi, knock came on hard and accel died a horrible death on anything above. Point being, even my severely crippled Talon could easily keep up with (this particular) ultimate German driving machine.

Second encounter was with an early 90's? Integra. Looked pretty much stock except for an aftermarket muffler (or maybe catback?). Not distasteful, maybe a 3" tip. Not going to get into too many details here, but, safe to say, he made his presence known to me to get into the ramp ahead of me to take the QEW Toronto-bound (from Fruitland Rd entrance). He accelerated hard on the straightaway (which is quite long at that particular ramp). As it happens, this ramp is merged from another ramp from the opposite side of Fruitland. So for a little stretch (maybe 50m) it's effectively a two-lane ramp. Do you see the possibilities here?

When I reached the straightaway, sucked up real estate, used the "other" lane to fly by (don't worry, gentle readers, there weren't any cars using that particular "lane" as a ramp at that time) and proceeded to merge onto the QE. Immediately slowed right down to allow the 'Teg to catch up. Wouldn't take the bait. I even slowed down to about 80km/h. Still refused to pass. Alright, I don't like kicking people when they're down. Unless they deserve it, of course.

Re: Couple o' Encounters [Re: Paul Bratina] #232735
May 29, 2007 02:01 pm UTC
May 29, 2007 02:01 pm UTC
parts unknown
john putzu Offline
Serious Member
john putzu  Offline
Serious Member
parts unknown
Good run's even when your car is not 100%.

Re: Couple o' Encounters [Re: john putzu] #232844
May 30, 2007 05:40 pm UTC
May 30, 2007 05:40 pm UTC
Toronto
Mike Vince Offline
Serious Member
Mike Vince  Offline
Serious Member
Toronto
Fun read smile I personally liked the part where you "matched the bmw's speed" When I had my talon I loved doing that, it really drives the point home, plus you can just blip the throttle and pull 1/2 a car and slow back down to their speed.

2002 Acura RSX Type S