September 30, 2008 03:02 pm UTC
September 30, 2008 03:02 pm UTC
Kingston
Kenrick Miller Offline OP
Serious Member
Kenrick Miller  Offline OP
Serious Member
Kingston
I bought this kit and I am having trouble installing the fuel injectors. When I put the injectors in the in the rail its seems like they don't go far enough into the rail to make a good seal. The stock injectors seem to fit there rail better then there's. If I take of the rubber grommet on the injectors they seem to fit perfectly but then I am worried about having fuel leaks. This also happens with the stock rail as well.

Has anyone bought this kit and had this issue? Do I have to modify the injectors to get them to fit? I have the FIC 1050 injectors.

Re: FIC fuel injectors dont fit [Re: Kenrick Miller] #278613
September 30, 2008 03:15 pm UTC
Ontario
Malcolm Harris Offline
Serious Member
Malcolm Harris  Offline
Serious Member
Ontario
They will stay in place once you bolt the rail down abit, just keep twisting the injectors as you tighten the rail down a bit at a time using the center bolt and just us the outer bolts as a guide to keep the rail true and snug as you go so you don't crimp an O-ring.

Try using di-electric grease or the like to help the seals slip in place, make sure you don't loose all the rail spacers/insulators.

Re: FIC fuel injectors dont fit [Re: Kenrick Miller] #278614
Aurora
miguel barros Offline
Insane Member
miguel barros  Offline
Insane Member
Aurora
Aren't these injectors like the GM Rochester 1000cc injectors? If they are I think they need to be modified to fit the fuel rail. At least my FIC 1000's had to be.

Not sure if this was any help but I thought to throw it out there.

97 Eclipse GS-T - Project Nightmare!!!

2009 Dodge Journey / DD,parts hauler,mobile office
Re: FIC fuel injectors dont fit [Re: miguel barros] #278615
September 30, 2008 03:17 pm UTC
September 30, 2008 03:17 pm UTC
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ziggy Dietrich Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Ziggy Dietrich  Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Niagara Falls, Ontario
But FIC ususally DOES that modification, and that kit included the rail,...so I can't see them offering a kit where the parts don't fit together

"bluebird" worlds fastest scooter ridden by me
"Whitebird" RIP
Re: FIC fuel injectors dont fit [Re: Ziggy Dietrich] #278637
September 30, 2008 07:50 pm UTC
September 30, 2008 07:50 pm UTC
Newmarket, Ontario
Daren Peacock Offline
Insane Member
Daren Peacock  Offline
Insane Member
Newmarket, Ontario
Like Ziggy said, when you buy the injectors from/that are FIC, they should already have been modified. I've run a couple different sets of FIC injectors, both with the same body style as you've linked & they both installed without any issues. Currently I have what I would suspect are the same as your 1050's & they fit as they should.

Is it possible you have an insulator or oring in the wrong location? Pics would really help out as to whats causing your problems.

Edit: Now that I can get the kits pic to expand (the one you linked above), are your o-rings & insulators installed the same as the injectors in the pic? This is the correct way they should be installed. The lower brown seal will fit flush in the head, the top green oring does the sealing in the rail, the smaller black oring beside it just keeps the green oring in the proper position & then finally there is the stock style black insulator just below these orings that keeps the injectors properly in place when the rail is installed & torqued to spec properly.

Last edited by Daren Peacock; September 30, 2008 08:01 pm UTC.

98 Eclipse GSX DSM82HTA