PEI
D
Derek Rose Offline OP
Serious Member
Derek Rose  Offline OP
Serious Member
D
PEI
I bought an Evo III turbo off Nick Vieira Jan 28, 2009. I specifically asked " there is nothing wrong with it and no excess shaft play? ". He claimed it was tight and a perfect turbo. Only a year old and verified by a turbo shop to be perfect. I sent him the money and he shipped the turbo. When I got it, I discovered significant movement back and forth between the hot side and cold side. He claimed he knew of that movement and said it was fine, but he'd give me my money back if I wanted. I told him I'd check with a few people to make sure I wasn't wrong in thinking that turbo was shot. After posting on here, I determined I didn't want to take a chance. He said no problem at all and even apologized for the inconvenience. He asked what e-mail address to send the money to and he'd send it right away. That was this past Tues. I discovered on Wed morning that all of his posts had been removed from my trail of PM's between us. He has not responded to any of my messages since, but he has read them. Under every PM I've sent him, it says " Unread by : None ". Up until Wed, he seemed like a great stand up guy that was willing to make things right, and I was very happy to see him being so cooperative and understanding. Now I think he set out to rip me off from the get go. If anyone knows him or can talk him into giving me back my money, I'd happily remove this thread, I didn't want to post it, but he's clearly ignoring me.
Here is my side of the PM's we've sent back and forth so people can get an idea of how the conversation went between us:

#132564 - January, 15 2009 06:23 PM turbo
Derek Rose

I'd give you $x for that turbo.
-----
#132794 - January, 17 2009 04:16 PM Re: turbo
Derek Rose

I don't need a header, just the turbo. I"m in Charlottetown, PE. Postal code is xxxxx
-----
#134334 - January, 27 2009 09:39 PM Re: turbo
Derek Rose

yes, I'm going on the assumption there is nothing wrong with it and no excess shaft play?

---
#134377 - January, 28 2009 08:15 AM Re: turbo
Derek Rose

I'll do $x shipped

----
#134401 - January, 28 2009 12:30 PM Re: turbo
Derek Rose
I've never heard of moneygram, and I don't think we have a western union here..haha..
What about e-mail transfer? If you do online banking it costs you nothing and it's quick
----
#134405 - January, 28 2009 12:56 PM Re: turbo
Derek Rose

I send you the money. You get an e-mail saying I've sent you money and asking you to click on a link. When you click on the link, it asks you to choose which bank you deal with. Once you choose the bank, you log in as normal and it asks where you want the money to be deposited. There is a secret question/password that ensures the person is the intended recepient. I'll send you the question/password on here so you can copy and paste the password.
The picture you put up shows the oil return line connected to the turbo... could you unbolt it and just lay it in the box with teh turbo? I don't want to have unnecessary stress on it and have it crack or something.
thanks.
-----
#134408 - January, 28 2009 01:04 PM Re: turbo
Derek Rose

Interac Email Money Transfer Sent

January 28, 2009, at 1:03 p.m. E.T.

Recipient's Name Nick Vieira
Recipient's Email Address: nv5000@hotmail.com
From Powerchequing - *****
Amount $ xxx.xx

Reference #
-----

#134409 - January, 28 2009 01:05 PM Re: turbo
Derek Rose

* gave my address for him to mail to *
----

#134961 - February, 02 2009 04:32 PM Re: turbo
Derek Rose

Got the turbo today. I'm not overly pleased. There is considerable back and forth movement of the shaft. I checked my old turbo that I took off my car and there is virtually no movement back and forth at all on that one. We need to find a solution to this.
-----
#134973 - February, 02 2009 05:06 PM Re: turbo
Derek Rose

I've checked with other members and they confirm this turbo is toast. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't know. I'd like my money back asap
-----

#135058 - February, 02 2009 08:15 PM Re: turbo
Derek Rose

what do you mean by 'modified' MHI turbo? I asked the guys on the board, and a local tuner with over 500 hp on his eclipse, and everyone is saying NO movement is allowed back and forth. Could you explain why back and forth is allowed on this turbo and not on 'normal' Evo III turbos? I don't want this to be a bad deal for either of us, but I'm getting leary of it.
------

#135072 - February, 02 2009 09:24 PM Re: turbo
Derek Rose

I'm just trying to get as much information as possible from people. We dont' have a turbo shop around here. My father has been a mechanic for 24 years on heavy equipment and he thinks it's a little much for movement, but he's never worked with turbos this small. Everyone on the board and the ppl on my msn are saying there should be no movement. Like I said earlier, I don't want to send it back if it's good, but I'm having trouble finding people who will even entertain the idea that that much back and forth movement would be acceptable. I'll wait for other people to weigh in on my post ( I haven't mentioned your name, I don't want to cause problems, I just want to be comfortable with the turbo I put on the car ). I really appreciate your willingness to take the turbo back and I'll let you know tomorrow.
thanks

----

#135136 - February, 03 2009 07:44 AM Re: turbo
Derek Rose

ya, I think I'm going to go ahead and get my money back. This probably seems silly to you given your position that the turbo is perfectly fine, and for that I apologize. I just would be constantly paranoid about it if I put it on.
thanks.

-----

#135180 - February, 03 2009 12:32 PM Re: turbo
Derek Rose

Hey Nick,

You can send the money to * my e-mail address *

Assuming the money gets to me tonight, I'll mail the turbo back first thing tomorrow morning.

Thanks for being understanding on this.

------

#135347 - February, 04 2009 09:43 AM Re: turbo
Derek Rose

Morning. Just wanted to make sure you sent the money to the right address if you've sent it yet. I haven't recieved anything yet. Just wanted to check in.

thanks

-------
#135463 - February, 04 2009 09:49 PM Re: turbo
Derek Rose

Hey... It's now more than 24 hrs after when you said you were going to send the money. Getting a bit nervous here..haha. Could you send me a message to let me know when I can expect it?
thanks

-----

#135565 - February, 05 2009 03:44 PM Re: turbo
Derek Rose

I can see that you've read every one of my messages. I'm not sure why you're not responding. Please let me know when I can expect the money back. If for some reason you've changed your mind about giving me my money back, let me know.
thanks.

----
#135730 - Yesterday at 07:35 PM Re: turbo
Derek Rose

Please let me know when to expect the money. Give me some response here. The turbo is boxed up and ready to be sent back.

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Derek Rose] #290595
February 07, 2009 06:06 pm UTC
February 07, 2009 06:06 pm UTC
Schomberg
T
Tashko Sarakinov Offline
Serious Member
Tashko Sarakinov  Offline
Serious Member
T
Schomberg
I've met Nick before and seemed to be a good guy.

Some people don't live with their computer so sometimes take a few days to reply and it's been only a week that all this has been going on.

PM/email him and give him a couple days to respond. I know I've read PM's before and not replied for a couple of days because I was busy.

Hopefully Nick gets in touch with you and it all gets sorted out.

Actually, I may have his phone number. If I do, I'll PM you.

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Tashko Sarakinov] #290596
February 07, 2009 06:09 pm UTC
February 07, 2009 06:09 pm UTC
PEI
D
Derek Rose Offline OP
Serious Member
Derek Rose  Offline OP
Serious Member
D
PEI
I really do hope he's just busy, but at the same time, it takes literally 15 secs to write back ' money's tight right now, you'll have it friday '. He's read several posts from me since Tues and has not responded. I gave him several opportunties to explain the situation. I just want my money back.

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Derek Rose] #290600
February 07, 2009 08:29 pm UTC
February 07, 2009 08:29 pm UTC
Stratford/London
Mike Kuttschrutter Offline
Insane Member
Mike Kuttschrutter  Offline
Insane Member
Stratford/London
When I seen some posts from that guy I knew right away not to purchase anything from him.

In one of this original for sale threads he said he bought this part a little over a year ago, blah blah its perfect etc..

But if you look down further, the previous owner said something like: "I cant beleive you crashed my talon 2 months after I sold it to you."

Which would make all comments on the parts where he said he bought a year ago, or 6 months ago, invalid.

Just seemed a little fishy to me.

Stock.
Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Mike Kuttschrutter] #290601
February 07, 2009 08:38 pm UTC
February 07, 2009 08:38 pm UTC
PEI
D
Derek Rose Offline OP
Serious Member
Derek Rose  Offline OP
Serious Member
D
PEI
I was a bit weary, but found a few places where he seemed to have a personal dialogue with Tashko Sarakinov who I consider to be a solid member on here. Figured he'd be alright if Tashko Sarakinov got around with him. Trustworthy by association I guess. And maybe he is, ( thus why I put bad guy possibly in the title ). I'm just starting to think things are a little fishy now that he's read six different messages from me, on four different days, and has yet to send me any recognition of the sitution. You can send money via e-mail transfer ( the way I paid him ) inside of 2 mins. If he's found time to read my messages on four different days, there's no way he didn't have time to respond or send the money. You can see in my messages I was just asking for contact, recognition he didn't send the money when he said he would... something.

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Derek Rose] #290603
February 07, 2009 08:51 pm UTC
February 07, 2009 08:51 pm UTC
Stratford/London
Insane Member
Insane Member
Stratford/London
Bought:
http://www.ca.dsm.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=41880&Number=280140#Post280140
Crashed:
http://www.ca.dsm.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=42976&Number=288729#Post288729
Blown turbo:
http://www.ca.dsm.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=42528&Number=284451#Post284451

He said that turbo he bought a year ago and costed him 600. But if the car was only bought a few months ago, seems a little odd, unless the parts were off a previous car, or he just bought parts for a car he didnt own yet?

Last edited by Mike Kuttschrutter; February 07, 2009 08:59 pm UTC. Reason: date

Stock.
Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Mike Kuttschrutter] #290606
February 07, 2009 09:58 pm UTC
February 07, 2009 09:58 pm UTC
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ziggy Dietrich Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Ziggy Dietrich  Offline
Niagara Falls, Ontario
The way I read the timeline, he bought the car in October, and in November realized turbo was blown, and bought a replacement. Car was then crashed in January....and he started parting out...that all makes perfect sense to me.

I didn't see the post where he said he bought the turbo a year ago. Maybe two months FELT like a year ago?

I don't know this guy at all, but I don't see anything fishy about the timeline...

"bluebird" worlds fastest scooter ridden by me
"Whitebird" RIP
Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Ziggy Dietrich] #290631
February 08, 2009 02:17 am UTC
February 08, 2009 02:17 am UTC
PEI
D
Derek Rose Offline OP
Serious Member
Derek Rose  Offline OP
Serious Member
D
PEI
I didn't really care how old the turbo was, as long as it was tight and wasn't blowing oil through. I just want my money back and have this behind me. Anyone know him, or can get him to give me my money back?

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Derek Rose] #290647
February 08, 2009 01:40 pm UTC
February 08, 2009 01:40 pm UTC
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ziggy Dietrich Offline
Ziggy Dietrich  Offline
Niagara Falls, Ontario
you're right, and sorry I "interfered". Do you have his address maybe from when he shipped you the turbo? Or was Tashko able to find a phone number?

"Whitebird" RIP
Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Ziggy Dietrich] #290654
February 08, 2009 07:47 pm UTC
February 08, 2009 07:47 pm UTC
Schomberg
T
Tashko Sarakinov Offline
Serious Member
Tashko Sarakinov  Offline
Serious Member
T
Schomberg
Took a look last night. Couldn't find a number and I didn't have it any of my PM's. Sorry, can't help out.

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Tashko Sarakinov] #290655
February 08, 2009 07:49 pm UTC
February 08, 2009 07:49 pm UTC
PEI
D
Derek Rose Offline OP
Serious Member
Derek Rose  Offline OP
Serious Member
D
PEI
Thanks for looking, anyone else know him or any way of getting a hold of him? I'm confused why he would go from fully willing to give me my money back to flat out avoiding me inside 24 hours.

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Derek Rose] #290699
February 09, 2009 03:17 am UTC
February 09, 2009 03:17 am UTC
Toronto, On
Tony Messere Offline
Tony Messere  Offline
Toronto, On
If you have his address(sender adress on the package) why dont you go to canada 411 and do a reverse address look up. Heres the link.

http://www.canada411.ca/search/address.html

Then call his house and tell his mom/wife (whichever he has) what a dishonest boy he has been.

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Tony Messere] #290700
February 09, 2009 03:31 am UTC
February 09, 2009 03:31 am UTC
PEI
D
Derek Rose Offline OP
Serious Member
Derek Rose  Offline OP
Serious Member
D
PEI
I'll give him another day or two before putting up his address

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Tashko Sarakinov] #290702
February 09, 2009 03:48 am UTC
February 09, 2009 03:48 am UTC
Fort Erie, Ont
J
Jay Warwick (Pham) Offline
Serious Member
Jay Warwick (Pham)  Offline
Serious Member
J
Fort Erie, Ont
Derek sorry to hear about your experience.

Thats too bad, I was looking to buy a few things off of him.

Hope everything works itself out!

Last edited by Jay Pham; February 09, 2009 03:48 am UTC.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V///
93 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution I
95 & 97 DSM
Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Jay Warwick (Pham)] #290765
February 10, 2009 01:25 am UTC
February 10, 2009 01:25 am UTC
toronto
N
Nick Vieira Offline
Nick Vieira  Offline
N
toronto
First of all i would like to thank Tashko and Ziggy, for there advise on not jumping to conclusions, within the past week i have had to deal with some serious personal issues... not to say i haven't read some of the PM's from Derek, but i am currently having difficulties sending or receiving PM's to other members. I am extremely upset at my name being flamed on the board, anyone who has had any sort of dealings with me within the short time i've been a member can vouch for the kind of person i am. I've never had a problem untill now!
Having said that the turbo is perfectly fine, why do you not go and read up from proper resourses what turbo shaft play really is and don't tell me that from the opinions of other people there should be zero tolerance, and the minimal play it does have is excessive, i also did not mention to you that it was TIGHT as you would like to say, just that is was fine which i guess was a mistake on my part. I've installed other 16g's 14b's which had the same amount of play in it if not more from new and a GT35 which had more, your're making it sound like the compressor wheel is touching the walls which is by far not the case. To add the turbo has been sitting on my bench for the past few months draining, there is no oil in it, the moment the passages fill up with oil that tiny movement you see will be virtually gone, thats what its there for. I bought this turbo new with the car i had for a short time previously before i became a member of the board which was scrapped due to rust issues, form a friend who decided not to use it in order to upgrade to a bigger turbo. Hence the reason for it being a year old. I was at one point willing to take the turbo back but have changed my mind.

Before making my adress public i strongly suggest you learn the legal aspect of what it is your claiming to go and do, not to mention i still have yours!

Last edited by Nick Vieira; February 10, 2009 01:28 am UTC.
Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Nick Vieira] #290770
February 10, 2009 03:05 am UTC
February 10, 2009 03:05 am UTC
PEI
D
Derek Rose Offline OP
Serious Member
Derek Rose  Offline OP
Serious Member
D
PEI
Alright.. nice to finally have some response from Nick. I'm sorry you've had personal issues, but I was left in the dark with nothing to go on. You say you were going to send me the money but now you're not? You don't think that seems a bit suspicious. Send me the money, I"ll send you the turbo, we can get this thread deleted and everyone is happy. Don't make this more than it has to be. I've had lots of ppl pm'ing me with all kinds of information wanting to help me out. Please just give me my mone back, I'm not looking for problems.

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Derek Rose] #290783
February 10, 2009 04:22 am UTC
February 10, 2009 04:22 am UTC
Toronto, On
Tony Messere Offline
Tony Messere  Offline
Toronto, On
Not to get involved. But if you offered him the money back then you should be true to your word. I wouldnt refund him for any shipping costs tho.

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Nick Vieira] #290805
February 10, 2009 03:37 pm UTC
February 10, 2009 03:37 pm UTC
Toronto, ON
Grant Redfern Offline
Serious Member
Grant Redfern  Offline
Serious Member
Toronto, ON
Originally Posted by Nick Vieira
I was at one point willing to take the turbo back but have changed my mind.

Wow, that's pretty cold man.

Why not just do the right thing and refund him?

Is the money really worth that much to you?

6-MT Stage II B5 Audi S4

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Grant Redfern] #290808
February 10, 2009 03:56 pm UTC
February 10, 2009 03:56 pm UTC
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ziggy Dietrich Offline
Ziggy Dietrich  Offline
Niagara Falls, Ontario
I am inclined to agree....if the turbo really IS fine, buy it back....without paying the shipping, of course....and re-sell it to someone else...you lose nothing, and gain in reputation..

"Whitebird" RIP
Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Ziggy Dietrich] #290828
February 10, 2009 06:15 pm UTC
February 10, 2009 06:15 pm UTC
London Ontario
M
Murtaza Saadat Offline
Serious Member
Murtaza Saadat  Offline
Serious Member
M
London Ontario
IMO, IF he was to refund the money what are the chances that he could sell he turbo again? His name and the turbo have already been brought down. Even if the turbo is perfectly fine, how many people would buy it after seeing this thread?

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Murtaza Saadat] #290829
February 10, 2009 06:19 pm UTC
February 10, 2009 06:19 pm UTC
Windsor
Mike Lane Offline
Insane Member
Mike Lane  Offline
Insane Member
Windsor
mayyyyybe it was SOMEHOW damaged in shipping?

98GSX Black:1st car/resto proj
97 acura el stolen/found
99GSX Red
RIP 86 turbo ZX, 92 turbo 2000GTX
Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Murtaza Saadat] #290830
February 10, 2009 06:38 pm UTC
February 10, 2009 06:38 pm UTC
PEI
D
Derek Rose Offline OP
Serious Member
Derek Rose  Offline OP
Serious Member
D
PEI
Originally Posted by Murtaza Saadat
IMO, IF he was to refund the money what are the chances that he could sell he turbo again? His name and the turbo have already been brought down. Even if the turbo is perfectly fine, how many people would buy it after seeing this thread?

This is not the only board on the internet where one can sell a turbo. He could also have someone locally buy it as he considers it a perfectly good turbo and thusly the person could confirm for themselves that it's a great turbo before buying it off of him.

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Derek Rose] #290831
February 10, 2009 06:46 pm UTC
February 10, 2009 06:46 pm UTC
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ziggy Dietrich Offline
Ziggy Dietrich  Offline
Niagara Falls, Ontario
this is also a good way to CLEAR his name and reputation....sell the turbo to someone knowledgeable who checks it over before buying and confirms it is indeed a good turbo....and then everyone would know not only he refund the guy who didn't trust the turbo, but he sold it to someone who checked it out and CONFIRMED it was a good turbo..

"Whitebird" RIP
Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Ziggy Dietrich] #290836
February 10, 2009 08:06 pm UTC
February 10, 2009 08:06 pm UTC
Ajax, ON
Reza Mirza Offline
Reza Mirza  Offline
Ajax, ON
I would NOT buy any Mitsu turbo with side to side play. Yes your right it will still work fine, but any play means that the bearing is going south.
Whichever turbo rebuild shop that told you it was normal, is plain out retarded.

Care to tell us what shop that is, so no one here sends their turbo there for an inspection or rebuild ?

Also, don't compare the play from a regular turbo with that of a dual ball bearing GT35.
Journal bearing should have no in/out play, whereas for a ball bearing turbo it is normal.

1G DSM: 1000+ AWHP, 9.2@162.83 MPH
Evo X: 746 AWHP, XR9569S pump gas
www.dynotuneracing.com

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Reza Mirza] #290863
February 11, 2009 01:43 am UTC
February 11, 2009 01:43 am UTC
PEI
D
Derek Rose Offline OP
Serious Member
Derek Rose  Offline OP
Serious Member
D
PEI
So what changed between Tues night and wed morning to make you change you mind about sending me the money Nick?

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Derek Rose] #290888
February 11, 2009 04:05 pm UTC
February 11, 2009 04:05 pm UTC
Ottawa
Eric Gibeault Offline
Serious Member
Eric Gibeault  Offline
Serious Member
Ottawa
I agree with Reza about the turbo.

As for this whole thing I would refund him the money since you had told him that you would. This would clear your name as previously stated!

13.75 @ 106.8mph
Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Eric Gibeault] #290962
February 12, 2009 01:04 pm UTC
February 12, 2009 01:04 pm UTC
PEI
D
Derek Rose Offline OP
Serious Member
Derek Rose  Offline OP
Serious Member
D
PEI
No more responses from Nick? Com'on Nick, I've said before and I"ll say it again... give me my money back and I'll even ask for this thread to be deleted. By continuing to ignore me and this thread, you all but admit to bad dealings. Sell the turbo to 'someone who knows what they're talking about', and have them come on here to tell everyone what an idiot I am.

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Derek Rose] #291802
February 25, 2009 04:32 am UTC
February 25, 2009 04:32 am UTC
Brampton, Ontario
Elias Kefalas Offline
Serious Member
Elias Kefalas  Offline
Serious Member
Brampton, Ontario
did the same thing to me with a 16g

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Elias Kefalas] #291914
February 26, 2009 07:34 pm UTC
February 26, 2009 07:34 pm UTC
toronto
N
Nick Vieira Offline
Nick Vieira  Offline
N
toronto
I have no idea who Elias Kefalas is, he either has me mixed up with some other guy or someone is playin games. I have tried to contact him with no response through Pm.

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Nick Vieira] #291940
February 27, 2009 01:12 am UTC
February 27, 2009 01:12 am UTC
PEI
D
Derek Rose Offline OP
Serious Member
Derek Rose  Offline OP
Serious Member
D
PEI
I certainly don't have you mixed up with anyone, and you admitted to selling me a turbo and not giving me my money back. I found someone who works on turbos. Took him all of 3 seconds to shake his head and say that it had been starved of oil and was shot. Thanks for the $350 paperweight jackoff

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Derek Rose] #291968
February 27, 2009 03:34 am UTC
February 27, 2009 03:34 am UTC
toronto
N
Nick Vieira Offline
Nick Vieira  Offline
N
toronto
Maby you should read my reply again and look who i was refering too...

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Nick Vieira] #291981
February 27, 2009 12:10 pm UTC
February 27, 2009 12:10 pm UTC
PEI
D
Derek Rose Offline OP
Serious Member
Derek Rose  Offline OP
Serious Member
D
PEI
Nope, I saw who you were replying too, but I just wanted to make sure people know that not even if that guy is wrong, you're still ripping people off and not feeling bad about it at all.

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Derek Rose] #291987
February 27, 2009 02:20 pm UTC
February 27, 2009 02:20 pm UTC
Stratford/London
Insane Member
Insane Member
Stratford/London
how the heck does that guy have "stars"

Last edited by Mike Kuttschrutter; February 27, 2009 02:20 pm UTC.

Stock.
Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Mike Kuttschrutter] #292153
March 01, 2009 07:22 pm UTC
March 01, 2009 07:22 pm UTC
toronto
N
Nick Vieira Offline
Nick Vieira  Offline
N
toronto
How does which guy have stars?

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Nick Vieira] #293152
March 13, 2009 10:42 pm UTC
March 13, 2009 10:42 pm UTC
Brampton, Ontario
Elias Kefalas Offline
Serious Member
Elias Kefalas  Offline
Serious Member
Brampton, Ontario
confused the name thought i read ventura....

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Elias Kefalas] #293282
March 16, 2009 01:32 am UTC
March 16, 2009 01:32 am UTC
Toronto
Derrek Youngs Offline
Derrek Youngs  Offline
Toronto
I have personally dealt with nick, face to face
I can say that he is a nice guy, and everything I purchased was as described and in great condition
I think this buyer is uninformed and you should do some research and if your that worried take it to a "specialist" before you give people a bad name

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Derrek Youngs] #293300
March 16, 2009 12:32 pm UTC
March 16, 2009 12:32 pm UTC
PEI
D
Derek Rose Offline OP
Serious Member
Derek Rose  Offline OP
Serious Member
D
PEI
I think you have not read the thread very well Derrek. Nick said the turbo was tight with no excess play whatsoever when I bought it. He indicated it had been checked by a turbo shop and said to be in perfect order. After I recieved it, I described a LOT of in and out movement. He offered the money back immediately, and I told him I wanted to ask a few ppl before inconvenicing him. Within 12 hrs of his offer to give me my money back I accepted his offer. He stopped all contact with me at that point.
To this point, Nick as agreed with everything I've written, so it is not up for discussion.

After Nick stated on here that he offered me my money back but changed his mind. Other members who have a lot of experience with these turbos, weighed in and indicated they would NEVER buy a turbo with in and out play. I have sent the turbo to a professional who said within 5 seconds of holding the turbo that it was starved of oil and needed to be completely rebuilt. Another $350 thank you very much.

NICK RIPPED ME OFF and fully admitted to the condition of the turbo after sending it to me. There is no question of in and out play on the turbo. Nick has admitted to it but disagrees on what it means. He has been asked to name this 'turbo shop' that told him that the turbo was fine so that no one else makes teh mistake of going there, but he has not provided that information.

Again... Nick knowingly at this point has ripped me off for $350 and shows no remorse whatsoever. I gave him lots of time to make it right, but he refuses.

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Derek Rose] #293304
March 16, 2009 01:28 pm UTC
March 16, 2009 01:28 pm UTC
Ajax, ON
Reza Mirza Offline
Reza Mirza  Offline
Ajax, ON
Sounds like your not gonna get your money back Derek. To some people a couple hundred bucks is like a fortune. Letting go of money that is not yours is hard for some people to do.

Its only a couple hundred bucks. I believe in Karma. He will probably get ripped off one day or someone/something will put him in the hole for twice as much or even thousands when he least expects it.
Thats life!

1G DSM: 1000+ AWHP, 9.2@162.83 MPH
Evo X: 746 AWHP, XR9569S pump gas
www.dynotuneracing.com

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Reza Mirza] #293307
March 16, 2009 02:20 pm UTC
March 16, 2009 02:20 pm UTC
PEI
D
Derek Rose Offline OP
Serious Member
Derek Rose  Offline OP
Serious Member
D
PEI
Yah, unfortuantely, I'm one of those ppl who really notice an extra $350 out of the budget. It's going to take a bit before I can even afford to pay to have the turbo rebuilt. I have lots of demands the little bit I make, but everyone's got a sob story I guess.

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Derek Rose] #294801
March 31, 2009 10:32 pm UTC
March 31, 2009 10:32 pm UTC
PEI
D
Derek Rose Offline OP
Serious Member
Derek Rose  Offline OP
Serious Member
D
PEI
Could a mod remove the 'possibly' from the Bad Guy title. There is no doubt now. He knowingly ripped me off and I don't want people to doubt it.

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Derek Rose] #294806
March 31, 2009 11:33 pm UTC
March 31, 2009 11:33 pm UTC
toronto
N
Nick Vieira Offline
Nick Vieira  Offline
N
toronto
Too bad your the only guy that has ever had a problem with me.
Everyone else that has dealt with me on more than one occasion face to face has never had any problems... so from now on i don't think i will be shipping anymore items to people.

Re: Nick Vieira - Bad Guy ( possibly ) [Re: Nick Vieira] #294829
April 01, 2009 02:24 am UTC
April 01, 2009 02:24 am UTC
PEI
D
Derek Rose Offline OP
Serious Member
Derek Rose  Offline OP
Serious Member
D
PEI
You admit you told you the turbo was good, you admit the turbo had back and forth play ( which didn't come out until after I had the turbo ), and everyone who has posted says significant movement back and forth means the turbo is shot. I had to send the turbo away, and the turbo rebuild guy knew within seconds the turbo was fucked. Not much room for gray areas here. By your own admission you ripped me off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2