Event #3 - Sunday July 12, 2009 - PMSC - Peterborough Memorial Center
Event #4 - Saturday August 15, 2009 - HADA - Brampton Powerade Center
Event #5 - Saturday September 19, 2009 - SPDA - Picton Airport
Event #6 - Sunday September 20, 2009 - St. Lac - Picton Airport
Event #7 - Sunday October 4, 2009 - TLMC - Barrie Molson Center

Event #1 was last Sunday and I drove my new 4x4 version autoslalom 1g:

[Linked Image]

dem tires is big...265-45-16.

Cool to see Jeff out in his girly car having fun tossing it around.

Last edited by Tashko Sarakinov; May 06, 2009 12:13 am UTC.
Re: 2009 CASC-OR Autoslalom Championship Schedule [Re: Tashko Sarakinov] #298367
May 06, 2009 04:05 am UTC
May 06, 2009 04:05 am UTC
Brampon, ON
Joe Esmama Offline
Insane Member
Joe Esmama  Offline
Insane Member
Brampon, ON
Do you need anything besides the helmet? Never done Auto-x before and wanted to know if they give out pointers (ie how to follow the cones) before it actually starts.

I almost forgot what 2nd and reverse gear feels like.
Re: 2009 CASC-OR Autoslalom Championship Schedule [Re: Joe Esmama] #298412
May 06, 2009 03:40 pm UTC
May 06, 2009 03:40 pm UTC
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Scott McIntyre Offline
Serious Member
Scott McIntyre  Offline
Serious Member
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Ooooh.... I'm liking the new wheels! tu

Scott McIntyre
1997 Talon TSi AWD
2008 Mitsu EVO X MR
Re: 2009 CASC-OR Autoslalom Championship Schedule [Re: Scott McIntyre] #298413
May 06, 2009 03:49 pm UTC
May 06, 2009 03:49 pm UTC
Schomberg
T
Tashko Sarakinov Offline OP
Serious Member
Tashko Sarakinov  Offline OP
Serious Member
T
Schomberg
Originally Posted by Scott McIntyre
Ooooh.... I'm liking the new wheels! tu

lol, it's all your fault, you and your crazy sticking out wheels cool ...that and the US guys laughing at my tiny 245's last year. bird

Originally Posted by Joe Esmama
Do you need anything besides the helmet? Never done Auto-x before and wanted to know if they give out pointers (ie how to follow the cones) before it actually starts.

Joe, you should come out one of the local club events. All events have a course walk before the runs start and the smart people walk the course 2-3 times.

There's always a drivers meeting after morning registration where they go through how things work. Most clubs also have a course walk specifically for newbs with somebody explaining what lines to take and why, etc. Also, they usually have loaner helmets if you don't have one.

It's very new person welcoming and you can always ask the organiser who the experienced people are and have them go for rides with you and give you pointers. You can also go for rides with other people which also helps you learn the course and see what lines other people are doing.

I'll post the club schedules in seperate threads but there is a TLMC club event this Sunday at the Molson Centre in Barrie if you're interested.

Tashko.

Last edited by Tashko Sarakinov; May 06, 2009 03:54 pm UTC.
Re: 2009 CASC-OR Autoslalom Championship Schedule [Re: Tashko Sarakinov] #298447
May 06, 2009 09:01 pm UTC
May 06, 2009 09:01 pm UTC
Mississauga, Ontario
J
Jeff Mitchell Offline

Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Jeff Mitchell  Offline

Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
J
Mississauga, Ontario
Originally Posted by Tashko Sarakinov
Cool to see Jeff out in his girly car having fun tossing it around.

I wasn't trying to toss it around, but my high heels and purse kept getting the way... annoy rotflmao

I can probably shed a little light for those that are interested. I had never attended any kind of autox event before this year. I decided at the last minute to attend this Mosport even when I learned it was running on a real race track, cool! I basically threw my helmet in the car, arrived at the track and started asking people what to do next. Total noob. smile But everyone I've talked to at these events is very nice, and more than willing to help a noob out.

Like Tashko said they held a drivers' meeting where they talked through what was going to happen that day. Then they pulled all the noobs aside and gave them more information: putting a number on your car with tape, where to line up and what to do next, etc. etc. You do get the chance to walk around on the course to get a feel for the best line. You will promptly forget all of that and run over a bunch of cones the first time you go out there. wink That's OK, everyone else does it too. After a few runs you get the feel for it and can start focusing on getting faster.

Even if you don't compete, I'd encourage some of you guys to come out to an event and check it out. There are tonnes of very nice cars at these things. Half the fun for me is just looking at the different machinery. smile It's not often you see a race-prepped Corvair, later model imports, and a Formula SAE car racing at the same event.

BTW, Taskho's roller skate was really moving out there. I think he was a good 20 seconds faster than I was!

Re: 2009 CASC-OR Autoslalom Championship Schedule [Re: Jeff Mitchell] #298463
May 06, 2009 11:29 pm UTC
May 06, 2009 11:29 pm UTC
Brampon, ON
Joe Esmama Offline
Insane Member
Joe Esmama  Offline
Insane Member
Brampon, ON
Im definitely interested in coming to one or more events since i have a proper shifting transmission in 2 weeks.

But i'll definitely try to come out for June 21st. Thanks guys!

I almost forgot what 2nd and reverse gear feels like.