August 17, 2009 06:58 pm UTC
August 17, 2009 06:58 pm UTC
Belle River
P
Pat Bell Offline OP
Pat Bell  Offline OP
P
Belle River
This was my first year going to the shoot out. I had a blast and got to meet a lot of nice people. Every one was friendly, and there were no major problems. I trailered the car down just in case some thing broke. I'm happy to say all went fine. On Saturday I drove the car to Buschur's. I got the car up on the Dyno. I think I was the only 1G that did? I did not stay all day though. I have seen some other pics on line of my car on the Dyno, I'll try to get mine up latter. I was not happy with the numbers I got. But what can you do? The dyno does not lie. All I was after was a base line to see where I was at. So all went fine.

Now on to Race day. I drove to and from the track ( left the trailer at the hotel). I entered the DSM Eliminator class. After a couple of early time trials I was expecting to pack it in early. There were a lot of fast cars. By the luck of the draw I ended up in the finals and came home with a second place finish. I was by no means the fastest car in the class. I was consistent and did not break. It just goes to show you that slower cars do have a chance in heads up racing. Needless to say I was more then happy with the results. I can't wait to go again next year.

I want to say thanks to Mark and Pat at Forcepower. They stepped up and helped out with the tune and some good advice. Thanks for the help at the track guys. It would be nice to see more Canadians out next year.

Re: My shoot out results [Re: Pat Bell] #311291
August 17, 2009 09:24 pm UTC
August 17, 2009 09:24 pm UTC
Stanstead, Quebec
Jason Drew Offline
Insane Member
Jason Drew  Offline
Insane Member
Stanstead, Quebec
I have a video of your dyno pull, put down some very respectable numbers! Congrats on the second place finish, lot of amazing cars there to beat.

Last edited by Jason Drew; August 17, 2009 09:28 pm UTC.

1997 Eclipse GST - AWD swapped - TPC - GT Spec powered
2023 - 9.63 - 145mph
Re: My shoot out results [Re: Jason Drew] #311494
August 20, 2009 01:33 am UTC
August 20, 2009 01:33 am UTC
Brampton, Ontario
Elias Kefalas Offline
Serious Member
Elias Kefalas  Offline
Serious Member
Brampton, Ontario
i seen some pics on tuners and there was a red 1ga with ontario plates ... that wouldnt happen to be your car would it ? pics were posted by stm on tuners with 17" swirlies it looked like

Re: My shoot out results [Re: Elias Kefalas] #311595
August 21, 2009 03:27 am UTC
August 21, 2009 03:27 am UTC
Stanstead, Quebec
Jason Drew Offline
Insane Member
Jason Drew  Offline
Insane Member
Stanstead, Quebec

1997 Eclipse GST - AWD swapped - TPC - GT Spec powered
2023 - 9.63 - 145mph
Re: My shoot out results [Re: Jason Drew] #311679
August 21, 2009 08:59 pm UTC
August 21, 2009 08:59 pm UTC
Belle River
P
Pat Bell Offline OP
Pat Bell  Offline OP
P
Belle River
Thanks for the link.

Re: My shoot out results [Re: Pat Bell] #311699
August 22, 2009 12:28 am UTC
August 22, 2009 12:28 am UTC
Aurora
miguel barros Offline
Insane Member
miguel barros  Offline
Insane Member
Aurora
What sort of numbers were you able to get out of that run Pat?

97 Eclipse GS-T - Project Nightmare!!!

2009 Dodge Journey / DD,parts hauler,mobile office
Re: My shoot out results [Re: Elias Kefalas] #316470
October 21, 2009 04:49 pm UTC
October 21, 2009 04:49 pm UTC
London, Ont
N
Nathan Taback Offline
Newbie on Probation
Nathan Taback  Offline
Newbie on Probation
N
London, Ont
Originally Posted by Pat Bell
This was my first year going to the shoot out. I had a blast and got to meet a lot of nice people. Every one was friendly, and there were no major problems. I trailered the car down just in case some thing broke. I'm happy to say all went fine. On Saturday I drove the car to Buschur's. I got the car up on the Dyno. I think I was the only 1G that did? I did not stay all day though. I have seen some other pics on line of my car on the Dyno, I'll try to get mine up latter. I was not happy with the numbers I got. But what can you do? The dyno does not lie. All I was after was a base line to see where I was at. So all went fine.

Now on to Race day. I drove to and from the track ( left the trailer at the hotel). I entered the DSM Eliminator class. After a couple of early time trials I was expecting to pack it in early. There were a lot of fast cars. By the luck of the draw I ended up in the finals and came home with a second place finish. I was by no means the fastest car in the class. I was consistent and did not break. It just goes to show you that slower cars do have a chance in heads up racing. Needless to say I was more then happy with the results. I can't wait to go again next year.

I want to say thanks to Mark and Pat at Forcepower. They stepped up and helped out with the tune and some good advice. Thanks for the help at the track guys. It would be nice to see more Canadians out next year.

Congrats Pat on a great showing in Ohio. I told you that you werent gonna be out early!!!!

Originally Posted by Elias Kefalas
i seen some pics on tuners and there was a red 1ga with ontario plates ... that wouldnt happen to be your car would it ? pics were posted by stm on tuners with 17" swirlies it looked like

That would have been my car there.