May 18, 2010 01:42 pm UTC
May 18, 2010 01:42 pm UTC
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ziggy Dietrich Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Ziggy Dietrich  Offline
Niagara Falls, Ontario
I don't think it is "heated".....I am just somewhat opinionated, and I think a lot of people are being hypocritical.

Because they know this poor person, or simply because he drives a DSM, they want to lay the blame elsewhere....MUST be the old people with the bad reaction time...

I am just saying let's lay the blame where it belongs, wherever that is, based on facts...not based on the car he drives...

Also, how about a little sympathy and condolences for the families of the elderly couple??

"bluebird" worlds fastest scooter ridden by me
"Whitebird" RIP
Re: DSMer involved in fatal accident [Re: Ziggy Dietrich] #330851
May 18, 2010 02:01 pm UTC
May 18, 2010 02:01 pm UTC
Ajax, ON
Reza Mirza Offline
Reza Mirza  Offline
Ajax, ON
Ziggy's got a point. Forget about the talon driver, he walked away. If those were my folks in that Volvo, it'd be different....

Whatever it was, I'm sure the authorities reconstructed the accident before laying charges. Definately a lot to deal with for the guy who walked away. Worth living for ? Yes.

1G DSM: 1000+ AWHP, 9.2@162.83 MPH
Evo X: 746 AWHP, XR9569S pump gas
www.dynotuneracing.com

Re: DSMer involved in fatal accident [Re: Michael Lee] #330852
May 18, 2010 02:20 pm UTC
May 18, 2010 02:20 pm UTC
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Brandon Clement Offline
Brandon Clement  Offline
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
ziggy, in any situation its like this. The people closer to you, you will always care about more. Or if you have something against someone, then the person hurt by that person, you would be on their side. You once said if a cop dies you don't care, but they are someones son or daughter, sometimes mom or dad, etc etc. But because you do not like police, its not that big deal to you.

Americans, Canadians, and other countries are overseas killing insurgents that ARE someones family and yet we are all for it. Sure we might look at them as terrorists, but one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Society as a whole is hypocritical, you and me are both part of it as well.

(the part about the war over there is just an example / playing devil's advocate. I am always down for the removal of insurgents and am proud of our canadian soldiers and what they are doing over there)

As a fellow dsm'r who was sober and gauged a turn wrong, or maybe they came out of no where and he didnt see them coming. We dont know what happened. So until then, he's a member of this board and I'm on his side. innocent until proven guilty. It's a terrible loss regardless for the families involved. But for someone who is so adament on being anti police and not caring if one gets gunned down, its extremely hypocritical to say what you said.

No more Jetta!
Tattoo Artist at Lost Anchor
Re: DSMer involved in fatal accident [Re: Brandon Clement] #330853
May 18, 2010 02:34 pm UTC
May 18, 2010 02:34 pm UTC
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Michael Lee Offline
Insane Member
Michael Lee  Offline
Insane Member
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ziggy I understand your point and I respect it.

Brandon, the same goes for you as well.

I just think that we should lay this topic to rest, as Michael Z stated earlier, we should respect both families privacy and stop discussing this.

It's not like they're going to be on here reading all of this, but still...

That is all.

1997 Eclipse GST/X
Eat in small amounts. Otherwise be prepared to paint toilet bowls~ Mike Eng
Re: DSMer involved in fatal accident [Re: Michael Lee] #330855
May 18, 2010 04:15 pm UTC
May 18, 2010 04:15 pm UTC
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Brandon Clement Offline
Brandon Clement  Offline
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
I agree

No more Jetta!
Tattoo Artist at Lost Anchor
Re: DSMer involved in fatal accident [Re: Michael Lee] #330856
May 18, 2010 04:27 pm UTC
May 18, 2010 04:27 pm UTC
NiagaraFalls, ON
Paul Bratina Offline
Insane Member
Paul Bratina  Offline
Insane Member
NiagaraFalls, ON
I kinda held back from posting on this thread 'cause it's a bit of a sensitive subject, but . . .

I'm not necessarily referring to this incident specifically, it's more of a general statement, but here goes:

Is the value of human life somehow tied to the manufacturer of the vehicle someone happens to be driving at the time?

Think about that.

Two people are killed (and they happen to be in a Volvo). Would their lives be somehow worth more had they been in a DSM (for example)?

In this partcular incident, what if the vehicles involved were reversed. Say two people in a DSM were killed in an incident with a Volvo. What would your reactive have been? The same? Different?

These are all questions you should all be asking yourselves. Don't answer them in this thread. Sit down by yourself, in a dark room and ask yourself these questions. Keep the answer to yourself. Depending on your answer, the question that should follow is: DO YOU REALLY EQUATE HUMAN LIFE WITH CAR MANUFACTURERS?

Re: DSMer involved in fatal accident [Re: Ziggy Dietrich] #330861
May 18, 2010 04:52 pm UTC
May 18, 2010 04:52 pm UTC
St Albert, Alberta, Canada
Adam Weinhandl Offline
Serious Member
Adam Weinhandl  Offline
Serious Member
St Albert, Alberta, Canada
Originally Posted by Ziggy Dietrich, RTM Racing

Everyone worries about HIM....how about the elderly couple that are DEAD?

The majority of posts here have expressed concern over the death of the elderly couple too.

All have read about them is maybe because they were old their reaction time was too slow?

No one said that. Anywhere. The closest you can get to it is this:
Originally Posted by Mike Petro
I don't understand how they can charge him if the reason for the accident is still unclear. What's to say the volvo driver wasn't paying attention around the bend in the road and struck the DSM?

Which is just confusion over the speed of the charge with so few details made public.

Sorry, but I DOUBT that the 70 year olds were street racing

No one said this either.

Not long ago there was a thread about a young fellow who killed someone after having his license suspended and alcohol in his system. Everyone wanted to kill the guy. What this guy did was no less serious, just a little less foreseeable, and everyone worries about HIM being ok?

Drinking and driving is a serious error in judgement. Making a left-hand turn with too little room is just a mistake. Yes, they can both kill. That doesn't mean they're equivalent moral errors.

If this guy had been driving a honda, you would all have said shoot the fracker.....

I doubt that.

I am a little sick of reading "poor DSM driver, MUST have been the old people's fault"....

No one said that either.

In conclusion, respectfully STFU Ziggy.

92' Plymouth Laser RS Turbo - Tractionally Impaired.
Wheel hopped so hard, I broke my headlight.
Re: DSMer involved in fatal accident [Re: James Karban] #330862
May 18, 2010 04:58 pm UTC
May 18, 2010 04:58 pm UTC
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ziggy Dietrich Offline
Ziggy Dietrich  Offline
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Originally Posted by James Karban
It looks like the dsm was trying to turn into the exit lane, and the elderly couple, with slower reaction time kept driving straight and hit the dsm.

The other quote blaming the volvo driver was by mike petro, I just dont know how to insert that here...

Now YOU show ME the quotes where someone SPECIFICALLY expressed ANY concern for the old couple or STFU YOURSELF...

"bluebird" worlds fastest scooter ridden by me
"Whitebird" RIP
Re: DSMer involved in fatal accident [Re: Ziggy Dietrich] #330865
May 18, 2010 05:55 pm UTC
May 18, 2010 05:55 pm UTC
Paradise, NL
Anthony Hiscock Offline
Insane Member
Anthony Hiscock  Offline
Insane Member
Paradise, NL
We don't know the details and likely will never know them.

I do feel sorry for the people in the Volvo, someone has lost there parents/grandparents. That is going to be difficult to live with.

I also feel sorry for the other party because this is something he has to live with for the rest of his life.

96 Talon TSI AWD - The Gold Digger/Never Ending Build
Re: DSMer involved in fatal accident [Re: Anthony Hiscock] #330868
May 18, 2010 06:18 pm UTC
May 18, 2010 06:18 pm UTC
Toronto
Robert Clare Offline
Serious Member
Robert Clare  Offline
Serious Member
Toronto
I think its time to lock this one up. Some things are better left unsaid.

Page 2 of 2 1 2