July 12, 2010 05:41 pm UTC
July 12, 2010 05:41 pm UTC
ontario
Sven Hebbard Offline
Serious Member
Sven Hebbard  Offline
Serious Member
ontario
I pay 152$ a month for coverage on my car and bike...

And 600's rule truck and stunt.. 1000's are only good for the drag strip..
And if you wanna argue that.. 600's hold most the fastest track records.

Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Ryan Laliberte] #334470
July 12, 2010 05:43 pm UTC
July 12, 2010 05:43 pm UTC
ontario
Sven Hebbard Offline
Serious Member
Sven Hebbard  Offline
Serious Member
ontario
Originally Posted by Ryan Laliberte
Originally Posted by Jeremy Ruppert
Is anyone else in favor of removing this guy?

Well... apparently he was told by authorities to have himself removed.... smirk

http://ca.dsm.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=291731#Post291731
http://ca.dsm.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=291870#Post291870
http://ca.dsm.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=291874#Post291874
http://ca.dsm.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=291885#Post291885

You be the judge.

And I'm not aruguing with you at all about stunting, I'm sure you can pull a wheelie just like everyone else. I'm sure you can do lots of crazy things on your bike. Do I care? Nope.

But coming on here and acting like you are the be-all and end-all of stunting because you "know" these people and you can pop a wheelie is rather arrogant, don't you think?

As your arguing with me about stunting.. when i doubt you have ever ridden a bike let alone if you were to drop one, you'd probly blow your asshole out trying to lift 350 pounds.

Maturity FAIL.

So, back on to bikes. I'm looking forward to seeing Brandon's R6 up here on Friday. It looks to be quite the bike!

What do most of you guys start out with? I've always wanted to get my M license, my Dad has his, be nice to go riding with him. I've also always wanted a CBR600, they are a NICE bike IMO.

It's okay ryan.. I understand your jealousy of me thats why you resort to sh!t thats 1+ years old.. why don't you bring up my GG forum..

Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Jeremy Ruppert] #334471
July 12, 2010 05:47 pm UTC
July 12, 2010 05:47 pm UTC
ontario
Sven Hebbard Offline
Serious Member
Sven Hebbard  Offline
Serious Member
ontario
Originally Posted by Jeremy Ruppert
Is anyone else in favor of removing this guy?

I am an avid rider of my 2004 ZX10R and love bikes as much as i do cars but i'm a little embarrased to share the same interests as this guy.

I'm gonna have to agree with the car guys on this one, Pink Bike = FAIL

Okay 2F2F... don't forget to turn on your glow before he go on the 1/4 mile.. it will make you look faster!

Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Ryan Laliberte] #334472
July 12, 2010 06:32 pm UTC
July 12, 2010 06:32 pm UTC
Mississauga, Ontario
J
Jeff Mitchell Offline

Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Jeff Mitchell  Offline

J
Mississauga, Ontario
Maturity FAIL.

Let's be honest, this whole thread is a maturity FAIL.

We're all enthusiasts here, let's try to get along...

Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Ryan Laliberte] #334473
July 12, 2010 06:41 pm UTC
July 12, 2010 06:41 pm UTC
Mississauga, Ontario
J
Jeff Mitchell Offline

Jeff Mitchell  Offline

J
Mississauga, Ontario
What do most of you guys start out with? I've always wanted to get my M license, my Dad has his, be nice to go riding with him. I've also always wanted a CBR600, they are a NICE bike IMO.

Most people start with one of the 600 "super sport" bikes (R6, GSX-R 600, Ninja ZX-6 or CBR 600). This is actually *way* more bike than most people need, and certainly more than a beginner needs. But alas there are so many of them out there that the prices aren't too bad and the allure is too strong to keep the noobs away. smile Insurance isn't great though...

There are some beginner friendly bikes that are lower displacement and a little less powerful. More importantly they are also lighter, and so they're easier to keep upright. Something with a slightly more upright seating position (dirt bike, touring bike) will also be easier to learn on.

Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Sven Hebbard] #334474
July 12, 2010 07:02 pm UTC
July 12, 2010 07:02 pm UTC
Etobicoke
Deep Mann Offline
Serious Member
Deep Mann  Offline
Serious Member
Etobicoke

Okay 2F2F... don't forget to turn on your glow before he go on the 1/4 mile.. it will make you look faster!

rotflmao I was like why would he say that. Then I seen the DP LOL.

1998 Tsi Awd 10.6@134

Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Jeff Mitchell] #334477
July 12, 2010 07:17 pm UTC
July 12, 2010 07:17 pm UTC
Belleville, Ontario
Ryan Laliberte Offline OP

No-Lift-To-Shift.... Stock. :)
Ryan Laliberte  Offline OP

Belleville, Ontario

why don't you bring up my GG forum..

I did, there's only 1 thread. You shipped parts to 3 people. Good for you. rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao
Originally Posted by Jeff Mitchell

Most people start with one of the 600 "super sport" bikes (R6, GSX-R 600, Ninja ZX-6 or CBR 600). This is actually *way* more bike than most people need, and certainly more than a beginner needs. But alas there are so many of them out there that the prices aren't too bad and the allure is too strong to keep the noobs away. smile Insurance isn't great though...

There are some beginner friendly bikes that are lower displacement and a little less powerful. More importantly they are also lighter, and so they're easier to keep upright. Something with a slightly more upright seating position (dirt bike, touring bike) will also be easier to learn on.

See and that's what I've always been told, start small. To be honest, I'd like a crotch rocket, no cruiser or anything, but a nice sport bike, something to cruise around on to-from work on nice days. Nothing to do crazy tricks on or anything, I'm no super-stunt athlete like Sven here.

Do you ride Jeff? Any recommendations?

AWDAuto
1996 TSi AWD Automagic
12.24 @ 113 - Small 16G
FP Green HTA - 11.42/123
Team Pump Gas and Meth
RTMRacing - Your Canadian source for DSM Parts

"Every moment you live is pregnant with the next moment of your life" --Jim Carrey

Last Login: September 28, 2021
Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Ryan Laliberte] #334486
July 12, 2010 08:31 pm UTC
July 12, 2010 08:31 pm UTC
ontario
Sven Hebbard Offline
Serious Member
Sven Hebbard  Offline
Serious Member
ontario
I'm not gonna begin to go on about how retarded you really are Ryan..But to give you a hint, Go read about 8-9 post back where I said"did I say i'm a pro stunter no. Did I state i might know more then most of you here about it because of my experience and the ones i've ridden with and have gathered knowledge from"

So if your saying it doesn't make me any better of a stunter from riding with people or listening to what they say.. you must be a crappy dsmer.. because you didn't create them.. and you seem to read lots on here and have recieved lots of help..but no your god moderator rcmp reject married ryan.

But to answer your question.. Get whatever bike you want. You have to respect the power as I've seen people flip and break legs on a 150cc because they had Ryan syndrome, yet I know a girl in Kingston that started on a busa and 3 years later now she still has no drops or crashes under her belt..

it's all about how you respect the bike..

Last edited by Sven Hebbard; July 12, 2010 08:34 pm UTC.
Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Ryan Laliberte] #334488
July 12, 2010 08:41 pm UTC
July 12, 2010 08:41 pm UTC
Mississauga, Ontario
R
Rob Martin Offline
Rob Martin  Offline
R
Mississauga, Ontario
I started with a 400CC, and have been riding it for 5 years now. It is a little lacking on power (I think I have a whopping 30 horses), but you can easily do 120. It's also alot cheaper for me for insurance for me, what with being a young punk and all.
I guess it wouldn't be the best if you were trying to go for rides with people who are all riding bigger bikes. But for just cruising to work and back by yourself you probably wouldn't care...
Most bikes this size are old though. Mines 79. But the upside is you could buy one for like 1000$ now and sell it when you wanna go bigger for the same amount likely.

Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Rob Martin] #334489
July 12, 2010 08:52 pm UTC
July 12, 2010 08:52 pm UTC
Mississauga, Ontario
J
Jeff Mitchell Offline

Jeff Mitchell  Offline

J
Mississauga, Ontario
No more personal attacks please. Everyone has had a chance to say their bit and I'll start deleting posts and sending people to the Idiot's Barrel from now on...

Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Ryan Laliberte] #334492
July 12, 2010 09:12 pm UTC
July 12, 2010 09:12 pm UTC
Mississauga, Ontario
J
Jeff Mitchell Offline

Jeff Mitchell  Offline

J
Mississauga, Ontario
Do you ride Jeff? Any recommendations?

Yes I do, I've been riding for about 10 years now. I have a Suzuki Katana (GSX-F) 600 cc. It's an older-technology (carbs, aircooled) sport/touring bike. Despite being the same engine size, it is no where near as fast as the super sport bikes! I did that on purpose since I didn't think I had any self control. lol

As for recommendations, the ideal is to follow Rob's model. Buy something that's older / slower / cheaper to learn on. That way you're less likely to get yourself into trouble, and if you do it's less expensive to repair or replace. If you stick to < 600 ccs insurance will even be tolerable.

I would definitely buy your first bike used, since you will most likely lay it down at some point. Sucks to do that to a new bike! But if you want something a little newer, there are lots more options than there were 10 years ago when I was buying. Suzuki GS500 or GS500F, Kawasaki Ninja 500R, etc.

If I was doing it all over again I'd probably get a dual sport with some offroad ability, like a Suzuki KLR 650. I also really like the SV650. But of course both of those completely negate everything I said earlier. lol

In the end you can honestly have fun riding any motorcycle! Just take a new rider course and take it easy for a while...

Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Jeff Mitchell] #334493
July 12, 2010 09:27 pm UTC
July 12, 2010 09:27 pm UTC
Brampton,Ontario
Gnanesh Para Offline
Gnanesh Para  Offline
Brampton,Ontario
I just got my m1 and I'm planning on starting off with a Ninja 250r next season. Insurance is ridiculous for the 600cc+ bikes because they're considered "supersport" so until I've got a couple of year of experience under my belt I won't be going up from the 250cc.

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder AWD
Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Gnanesh Para] #334494
July 12, 2010 09:41 pm UTC
July 12, 2010 09:41 pm UTC
Belleville, Ontario
Jay McClelland Offline
Insane Member
Jay McClelland  Offline
Insane Member
Belleville, Ontario
I've always wanted a sport bike. But would be petrified of laying it down or getting hit.

2g awd, Back to dsms here I come.
Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Sven Hebbard] #334495
July 12, 2010 10:01 pm UTC
July 12, 2010 10:01 pm UTC
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ziggy Dietrich Offline
Ziggy Dietrich  Offline
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Maturity level has a LOT to do with it. IMHO, they shouldn't sell crotch rockets. They DEFINITELY shouldn't sell them to kids (like Sven). It is so sad to see a young life snuffed out for a moments stupidity, before they get a chance to outgrow that stupidity.

I always think it is ridiclous that they give you a weekend test on a 150cc dirt bike, then let you buy a 1000cc superbike and go kill yourself. That is the equivalent of giving someone a driving test in an old VW beetle, then letting him buy a formula 1 car and drive it on the streets. What happened to "graduated licensing". They should do something like that for bikes...like for the first year no bigger than a 350cc or something.

I started my son out on a 350, and the rule there was that for one year he was not allowed to ride without me being along. By then, the novelty and the urge to show off for friends has worn off. He was never stupid enough to get into stunting or anything like that anyways. Today he is a sensible, mature rider. I have owned from 50cc all the way up to 1300's.....and am quite happy with my 650cc scooter. Actually thinking of trading it on one of those electric bikes. Anyone know how fast they go if you remove the governor?

"bluebird" worlds fastest scooter ridden by me
"Whitebird" RIP
Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Ziggy Dietrich] #334497
July 12, 2010 10:17 pm UTC
July 12, 2010 10:17 pm UTC
Brampton,Ontario
Gnanesh Para Offline
Gnanesh Para  Offline
Brampton,Ontario
I'm with Ziggy on this one, I haven't even started riding yet but I'm starting out on a 250cc and working my way up. You guys have no idea how many stupid kids I need to explain this stuff to. I know too many guys my age, I'm 18, who want to jump on a 600cc bike for their first bike and no matter how much I try to tell the idiots that it's a bad idea no one wants to listen so at this point I've given up, if they want to kill themselves then they can have fun. I'm starting small and working my way up like I should be.

Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Ziggy Dietrich] #334498
July 12, 2010 10:54 pm UTC
July 12, 2010 10:54 pm UTC
ontario
Sven Hebbard Offline
Serious Member
Sven Hebbard  Offline
Serious Member
ontario
Originally Posted by Ziggy Dietrich, RTM Racing
Maturity level has a LOT to do with it. IMHO, they shouldn't sell crotch rockets. They DEFINITELY shouldn't sell them to kids (like Sven). It is so sad to see a young life snuffed out for a moments stupidity, before they get a chance to outgrow that stupidity.

I always think it is ridiclous that they give you a weekend test on a 150cc dirt bike, then let you buy a 1000cc superbike and go kill yourself. That is the equivalent of giving someone a driving test in an old VW beetle, then letting him buy a formula 1 car and drive it on the streets. What happened to "graduated licensing". They should do something like that for bikes...like for the first year no bigger than a 350cc or something.

I started my son out on a 350, and the rule there was that for one year he was not allowed to ride without me being along. By then, the novelty and the urge to show off for friends has worn off. He was never stupid enough to get into stunting or anything like that anyways. Today he is a sensible, mature rider. I have owned from 50cc all the way up to 1300's.....and am quite happy with my 650cc scooter. Actually thinking of trading it on one of those electric bikes. Anyone know how fast they go if you remove the governor?

Everyone has there ideas on what people should do? It's what your comfertable with and what you are looking for..

I wanted to buy a bike with low kms.. in decent condition and stunt able.. And thats what I got... And what makes you I'm any kind of kid on a bike.. you don't know if I have control or not? Sure, I'm not a knee dragger and I don't rip around the streets at 90mph to impress some dudes skank girlfriend.. I'm more of a lot rat.. I perfer to do slow tricks then something at 100km/h. .

But everyone is titled to there opinion.

Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Gnanesh Para] #334499
July 12, 2010 10:59 pm UTC
July 12, 2010 10:59 pm UTC
ontario
Sven Hebbard Offline
Serious Member
Sven Hebbard  Offline
Serious Member
ontario
Originally Posted by Gnanesh Para
I'm with Ziggy on this one, I haven't even started riding yet but I'm starting out on a 250cc and working my way up. You guys have no idea how many stupid kids I need to explain this stuff to. I know too many guys my age, I'm 18, who want to jump on a 600cc bike for their first bike and no matter how much I try to tell the idiots that it's a bad idea no one wants to listen so at this point I've given up, if they want to kill themselves then they can have fun. I'm starting small and working my way up like I should be.

First bike I rode was a gsxr 1000 running 8 psi on a t25 turbo set up..

it's not about CC it's about your respect and self control.. if your gonna try and be a clown then your gonna have problems..

here is a example.. there is a motorcycle street bike group in my area.. real clowns.. I'm doing 60km/h roughly(my speedo is 38% out with no speedo healer, So I judge by traffic) and these clowns know I stunt and they pow wow wheelie by me(this is what 90% of all people who wheelie and dont' know what there doing do.. it's off the throttle and back on really quick.. and there in the middle of powerband and it's a uncontrolled lift)And the one kid caught it nicely in powerband and it flipped on him and he slide for about 100 ft before he hit a island in the middle of the road and having his arm ripped off.. And I just cruise by and shake my head....

There are MANY threads on bike forums about what size of CC to start out on. It's all about Respect and self control.

Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Sven Hebbard] #334500
July 12, 2010 11:00 pm UTC
July 12, 2010 11:00 pm UTC
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ziggy Dietrich Offline
Ziggy Dietrich  Offline
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Yes, everyone is entitled to my opinion smile

Arent you the same Sven kid that was one here a year or two ago wanting everything for free because you risked your life in Afghanistan? That is what I based my opinion on that you are a punk kid...

If not.......well.....I was going to say I apologize, but I don't. Even if you are NOT the SAME punk kid, your attitude makes it pretty clear you are A punk kid....

So, just to be clear, it is a lot better to do stunt tricks slowly in a parking lot to impress some dudes skank girlfriend than it is rip around the streets to impress some dudes skank girlfriend. I agree wholeheartedly. This way, if you kill yourself you are not likely to take too many innocent people with you..

"Whitebird" RIP
Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Sven Hebbard] #334501
July 12, 2010 11:02 pm UTC
July 12, 2010 11:02 pm UTC
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ziggy Dietrich Offline
Ziggy Dietrich  Offline
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Originally Posted by Sven Hebbard
It's all about Respect and self control.

Your posts sure make it appear that you have neither....

"Whitebird" RIP
Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Ziggy Dietrich] #334503
July 12, 2010 11:03 pm UTC
July 12, 2010 11:03 pm UTC
ontario
Sven Hebbard Offline
Serious Member
Sven Hebbard  Offline
Serious Member
ontario
In the parking lots we don't endanger anyone else, Less chance of us being hurt and less bike damage, I can drop my bike from 12 and MAYBE get a scratch on my tank, Hell you probly dropp your bike doing a oil change and you'll have 600$ plus in damages. Usally we don't stunt where the public can see us.. Lots of older people(probly like yourself) Don't like here rev limiters for 45% of the day... So we usally take it to a large truck loading area that we have permission to ride at after 5pm.

Last edited by Sven Hebbard; July 12, 2010 11:05 pm UTC.
Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Ziggy Dietrich] #334504
July 12, 2010 11:06 pm UTC
July 12, 2010 11:06 pm UTC
ontario
Sven Hebbard Offline
Serious Member
Sven Hebbard  Offline
Serious Member
ontario
Originally Posted by Ziggy Dietrich, RTM Racing
It's all about Respect and self control.

Your posts sure make it appear that you have neither....

No, My posts towards Ryan are that way.. I have Zero respect for the puke. And I more self control to not post crap on this board about someone then you may think ziggy.

Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Ziggy Dietrich] #334505
July 12, 2010 11:09 pm UTC
July 12, 2010 11:09 pm UTC
Brampton,Ontario
Gnanesh Para Offline
Gnanesh Para  Offline
Brampton,Ontario
I wasn't directing my comment towards you and to some degree you're right about self control but the issue with a lot of those bikes is a lot of younger guys don't have that control and would give it more throttle than usual and that would be it. Those supersport bikes are ridiculously fast, some of them capable of sub 10 second passes on a 1/4 mile. I've been in a 12 second Ferrari and it was STUPID fast, losing traction through every gear and overall scary in corners, not a lot of younger guys would be able to handle a car like that let alone a bike that is even faster. I know of a guy who started out with a Hayabusa and his first day with the bike he ended up flipping it on top of his chest and breaking a couple ribs. The bike stayed on top of him until the ambulance got there.

Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Gnanesh Para] #334506
July 12, 2010 11:15 pm UTC
July 12, 2010 11:15 pm UTC
ontario
Sven Hebbard Offline
Serious Member
Sven Hebbard  Offline
Serious Member
ontario
Just Respect the power and the bike.. maybe take a motorcycle trainning course and ride alone for the first week or 2... Yes this MAY sound weird.. but if your with your buddys your just gonna push yourself to places you CAN"T perform at. One wrong patch of sand.. or one spot of wax still on your tire or tires not heated properly or.. or.. or.. and your going over.

I have never dropped a bike other then when practicing slow stunts and learning circle wheelies. And the dirtbike I practice on too can account for it.. bent front rim, busted front master, Busted clutch lever, Busted shifter lever.

Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Gnanesh Para] #334520
July 13, 2010 02:48 am UTC
July 13, 2010 02:48 am UTC
Mississauga, Ontario
R
Rob Martin Offline
Rob Martin  Offline
R
Mississauga, Ontario
Another problem with those larger displacement bikes is one my buddy mentioned to me, where if you hit a pothole or something and your hand slips on the throttle you could easily end up flipping it right there!
On the other hand, although a 250 is great to start on, most people say you grow out of them pretty fast, especially on highway. Although the new ones are probably way better than my 400...
But seriously to all those considering, get a bike, they're cheaper than cars, and will make you a better driver because you'll start watching out for everyone thinking they'll cut into your lane at any moment!

Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Sven Hebbard] #334522
July 13, 2010 02:53 am UTC
July 13, 2010 02:53 am UTC
Belleville, Ontario

Belleville, Ontario
Yeah, that is one thing I worry about being on a bike, is someone not respecting them, and cutting me off. It's a lot easier to lose control on a bike than in a car, and a car has a lot more padding than a bike. wink

Sven... bird

And I more self control to not post crap on this board about someone then you may think ziggy.

This I will give him, because a good friend of mine told me that he was ready to post up some stuff he apparently knows about my wife? Someone who he's never met?

I'd LOVE to see that. bitch

AWDAuto
1996 TSi AWD Automagic
12.24 @ 113 - Small 16G
FP Green HTA - 11.42/123
Team Pump Gas and Meth

"Every moment you live is pregnant with the next moment of your life" --Jim Carrey

Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Rob Martin] #334523
July 13, 2010 02:55 am UTC
July 13, 2010 02:55 am UTC
ontario
Sven Hebbard Offline
Serious Member
Sven Hebbard  Offline
Serious Member
ontario
Originally Posted by Rob Martin
Another problem with those larger displacement bikes is one my buddy mentioned to me, where if you hit a pothole or something and your hand slips on the throttle you could easily end up flipping it right there!
On the other hand, although a 250 is great to start on, most people say you grow out of them pretty fast, especially on highway. Although the new ones are probably way better than my 400...
But seriously to all those considering, get a bike, they're cheaper than cars, and will make you a better driver because you'll start watching out for everyone thinking they'll cut into your lane at any moment!

I've been cut off and people don't check there blind spots.. when buying a bike I recommend a asp

Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Ryan Laliberte] #334526
July 13, 2010 03:03 am UTC
July 13, 2010 03:03 am UTC
ontario
Sven Hebbard Offline
Serious Member
Sven Hebbard  Offline
Serious Member
ontario
Yeah, that is one thing I worry about being on a bike, is someone not respecting them, and cutting me off. It's a lot easier to lose control on a bike than in a car, and a car has a lot more padding than a bike. wink

Sven... bird

And I more self control to not post crap on this board about someone then you may think ziggy.

This I will give him, because a good friend of mine told me that he was ready to post up some stuff he apparently knows about my wife? Someone who he's never met?

I'd LOVE to see that. bitch

They were suprized on what I knew.. and If he told you what I have access to or know about.. then I bet your suprized and puzzled aswell smile

I'm sure he told you in regards to what I know.

Last edited by Sven Hebbard; July 13, 2010 03:16 am UTC.
Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Sven Hebbard] #334529
July 13, 2010 03:25 am UTC
July 13, 2010 03:25 am UTC
Brampton,Ontario
Gnanesh Para Offline
Gnanesh Para  Offline
Brampton,Ontario
Yeah bikes are always more dangerous than cars but as far as I'm concerned they're also much more fun to ride than it is to drive a car. Everything always comes with its consequences.

Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Gnanesh Para] #334531
July 13, 2010 03:39 am UTC
July 13, 2010 03:39 am UTC
ontario
Sven Hebbard Offline
Serious Member
Sven Hebbard  Offline
Serious Member
ontario
it's a lot more fun then cars I find... It's a better feeling I find.

You just gotta watch for cars and trucks.. Know what there gonna do before they do it.. if you see a guy looking to the right or left.. think he is gonna turn there... I try never to sit beside a car inless i'm RIGHT at the driver window..

Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Sven Hebbard] #334535
July 13, 2010 04:11 am UTC
July 13, 2010 04:11 am UTC
ontario
Sven Hebbard Offline
Serious Member
Sven Hebbard  Offline
Serious Member
ontario
But as I said.. Just get carbon gloves or get a asp.. Taking there side mirrors off or taking a window out gets attention..

Lots of guys I know just put magnets on there tank. or run with spark plugs in there pockets up here in canada

In the states they mostly run with asp and here weapon of choice.

Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Sven Hebbard] #334537
July 13, 2010 05:19 am UTC
July 13, 2010 05:19 am UTC
Brampton,Ontario
Gnanesh Para Offline
Gnanesh Para  Offline
Brampton,Ontario
But as I said.. Just get carbon gloves or get a asp.. Taking there side mirrors off or taking a window out gets attention..

Lots of guys I know just put magnets on there tank. or run with spark plugs in there pockets up here in canada

In the states they mostly run with asp and here weapon of choice.

Serious question here. What's the purpose of having magnets on your tank and carrying your spark plugs in your pockets? :S And what's an asp?

Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Gnanesh Para] #334539
July 13, 2010 05:29 am UTC
July 13, 2010 05:29 am UTC
ontario
Sven Hebbard Offline
Serious Member
Sven Hebbard  Offline
Serious Member
ontario
it's for when people cut you off, toss sh!t out there windows*there garbage and other items* and nearly take you off the road.. the magnets and spark plugs teach a person a good lesson when there coming at your front window at 100+km/h.. ASP is a retractable night stick.. it saves your wrists and hands from just punching off a side mirror or punching in a fender..

We were on a ride last year were some people got upset with use riding wheels down the highway so one guy accualy ran one of the riders off the road with his truck... The guy on the bike suffered a broken leg and arm and totalled bike..Guy in the truck suffered nearly totalled truck and a broken jaw and fractured skull( jay.B put his asp through the guys driver window and then smacked him in the face with it.. then the guy pulled his truck over his wife was calling the cops.. just a big un needed situation.

Last edited by Sven Hebbard; July 13, 2010 05:31 am UTC.
Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Sven Hebbard] #334540
July 13, 2010 05:34 am UTC
July 13, 2010 05:34 am UTC
Brampton,Ontario
Gnanesh Para Offline
Gnanesh Para  Offline
Brampton,Ontario
LMAO do they throw the magnets and spark plugs at people or something? It all seems kind of ridiculous to me. I never knew all these bikers had a "weapon of choice". Although I have to say if the truck driver ran him off the road on purpose then he deserved what he got.

Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Gnanesh Para] #334541
July 13, 2010 05:36 am UTC
July 13, 2010 05:36 am UTC
ontario
Sven Hebbard Offline
Serious Member
Sven Hebbard  Offline
Serious Member
ontario
it was just a guy in a ram 1500.. and No the spark plugs and magnets are for your front window smile ... people get spooked enough when a rock hits there window and there not expecting it.. could you imagine a good half pound magnet or a hand full of plugs.

Last edited by Sven Hebbard; July 13, 2010 05:37 am UTC.
Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Sven Hebbard] #334542
July 13, 2010 05:41 am UTC
July 13, 2010 05:41 am UTC
ontario
Sven Hebbard Offline
Serious Member
Sven Hebbard  Offline
Serious Member
ontario
Here are some DIRECT quotes off a forum that i'm on

"
Wondering if anyone out there suffers from it as bad as I do???
Im chill when im in my truck but when I ride streets I can lose my cool super fast...

Dont think that I run around just destroying peoples property for no reason... not the case at all...
I have 13 torn off mirrors to my credit, one fucked up door on a benz, one shattered side window and 3 destroyed windshields.

All of these were either from people attempting to run me over, run me off the road, changing lanes damn near into me, deliberately trying to cause me to wreck.... I dont do these things to people that call the cops I just wave to get their attention and then flip them off. People here simply just dont watch for bikes enough..

Probably the most bullshit of all was a ricer faggot deliberately changing lanes into me while I was up on one because I looked over at him and his girl and nodded my head at her and blew her a kiss from inside my helmet while she was ear to ear grinning the whole time. He suffered 1 torn off mirror, 1 shattered side window, and 1 very fucked up windscreen"

"Ihave atleast 20some mirrors, hand full of car tires and a few
dented doors under my belt as well.. And I am the same
way, (I don't go out just to do that but when people don't look
and change lanes with out signal or I see them blabbing on the
cell or texting and just decide to move over without looking
in there mirror ) as I see it... THey don't need the
mirror if there not going to use it, now they have to look over
there shoulder to see next time... "

"I definately have horrible road rage, more so in my car though because I cant split lanes to go around the slow ass people in the fast lane. I only have 2 mirrors, a fender, chipped paint, and craked windshield, right now. but I love your asp idea and cant believe I never thought of that before. I used to keep a bunch of washers in my tank bag to throw at the people that tried to kill me, thats were the paint chips and cracked winshields came from. Works pretty good. "

Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Gnanesh Para] #334543
July 13, 2010 05:51 am UTC
July 13, 2010 05:51 am UTC
Brampon, ON
Joe Esmama Offline
Insane Member
Joe Esmama  Offline
Insane Member
Brampon, ON
Originally Posted by Gnanesh Para
I wasn't directing my comment towards you and to some degree you're right about self control but the issue with a lot of those bikes is a lot of younger guys don't have that control and would give it more throttle than usual and that would be it.

Very true. Just had a dimwit (25+) at work that got clipped by a car doing a 200 km/hr. Someone likes him upstairs since he only suffered fractures on his hand.

Nonetheless, i agree with both parties that self control and maturity plays a big role with bikes (or any motor vehicle for that matter).

I applaud the way you approach your M1. Wish more people are like that with bikes/motor vehicles. Or for anything else.

I almost forgot what 2nd and reverse gear feels like.
Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Sven Hebbard] #334544
July 13, 2010 05:56 am UTC
July 13, 2010 05:56 am UTC
Brampon, ON
Joe Esmama Offline
Insane Member
Joe Esmama  Offline
Insane Member
Brampon, ON

We were on a ride last year were some people got upset with use riding wheels down the highway so one guy accualy ran one of the riders off the road with his truck...

Riding wheels is stunting??

I almost forgot what 2nd and reverse gear feels like.
Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Sven Hebbard] #334549
July 13, 2010 12:08 pm UTC
July 13, 2010 12:08 pm UTC
The Planet
E
EK Offline
Insane Member
EK  Offline
Insane Member
E
The Planet
the magnets and spark plugs teach a person a good lesson when there coming at your front window at 100+km/h..

Criminal Code Section 430: Mischief

430. (1) Every one commits mischief who wilfully
(a) destroys or damages property;
(b) renders property dangerous, useless, inoperative or ineffective;
(c) obstructs, interrupts or interferes with the lawful use, enjoyment or operation of property; or
(d) obstructs, interrupts or interferes with any person in the lawful use, enjoyment or operation of property.

ASP is a retractable night stick.. it saves your wrists and hands from just punching off a side mirror or punching in a fender..

Criminal Code Section 90 : Carrying a concealed weapon

90. (1) Every person commits an offence who carries a weapon, a prohibited device or any prohibited ammunition concealed, unless the person is authorized under the Firearms Act to carry it concealed.

Criminal Code Section 91(2) : Unauthorized possession of prohibited weapon or restricted weapon

(2) Subject to subsection (4), every person commits an offence who possesses a prohibited weapon, a restricted weapon, a prohibited device, other than a replica firearm, or any prohibited ammunition, without being the holder of a licence under which the person may possess it.

( jay.B put his asp through the guys driver window and then smacked him in the face with it..

Criminal Code Section 267 : Assault with a Weapon or Causing Bodily Harm

267. Every one who, in committing an assault,
(a) carries, uses or threatens to use a weapon or an imitation thereof, or
(b) causes bodily harm to the complainant,
is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years or an offence punishable on summary conviction and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding eighteen months.

Sounds just like the people I like to hang out with ...

Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: EK] #334554
July 13, 2010 01:09 pm UTC
July 13, 2010 01:09 pm UTC
Mississauga, Ontario
J
Jeff Mitchell Offline

Jeff Mitchell  Offline

J
Mississauga, Ontario
We're obviously not going to avoid the personal attacks, so I'm closing this down.

What a shame it would have been fun to talk about bikes... shuffle

Re: Bikes Suck the big one [Re: Jeff Mitchell] #334555
July 13, 2010 01:34 pm UTC
July 13, 2010 01:34 pm UTC
Belleville, Ontario

Belleville, Ontario
Yeah, but Jeff, you forget, this is Sven we're talking about here. It's not like this wasn't going to happen at some point.

Maybe since this is locked, Sven will take a hike?

AWDAuto
1996 TSi AWD Automagic
12.24 @ 113 - Small 16G
FP Green HTA - 11.42/123
Team Pump Gas and Meth

Page 2 of 2 1 2