December 19, 2003 06:04 am UTC
December 19, 2003 06:04 am UTC
Brantford/Simcoe, ont
scott emberson Offline OP
scott emberson  Offline OP
Brantford/Simcoe, ont
i got a sad DSM story topped with a Question

ok it started off when i blew my clutch
i took it in to a auto shop to get a new one put in well they had it 3 yes 3 freeking months
i get the car back (1500$)l8r and it had a grinding going in to 2nd i took it back to the guy hes like umm yeah it will do that for a wile well on the way home guess what went on me u got it my clutch well i called the guy and yelled at him and all he had to say is "what do u know ur only 18" and he refuesed to fix it so i took it to another shop where they took off my tranny and found out all the damage that they did to it they had cross threaded my fly wheel bolts so it came loose / teeth broke off, broke my one front tranny mount where it bolts to the motor and they tried to weld it , and they did not align my clutch right (its shatterd) , broke my ball joint and they tried to weld it back in , and did not tighted my brakes so there all loose list goes on so now im needing a new tranny and block now im in to (5000$) i cant belive some one could do such shotty work to a dsm maybe a sunfire or some thing lol j/k but im really stuck now
now my question will a non turbo block fit a turbo tranny and head with out any probs

also i have pics of the damage if any one would like too see ill e-mail then to you
thanx for any help guys

port polish (mani, turbo, head) 2.5 cat back , NGK plugs, A/F , boost guage , turbonetics MBC.
MSN : lazerlight14@hotmail.com
Re: non T block on a T motor + my story #33696
December 19, 2003 06:33 am UTC
December 19, 2003 06:33 am UTC
GTA
Tim Grechin Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Tim Grechin  Offline
GTA
#1) With the first shop, why the hell did they have the flywheel bolts off to begin with? If you meant clutch to flywheel bolts, then they should pay for the repairs. Your clutch should not ever come loose. Idiot service should result in a huge payoff for yourself. That is why I do all my work myself, so I know it is done right. And I am a punk 18 year old so what do I know? :rolleyes:

#2) Don't settle for a n/t block on your turbo car. The n/t pistons aren't designed for boost so don't settle for anything less. If they didn't align your clutch right, they should pay for that. I don't see how they can frack up your balljoint and screw with your brakes but if they did so, then you must make them pay for it.

#3) Don't let anyone ever tell you that because you are young, you can't do anything. When I was 18, I did a full engine overhaul, clutch replacement and a turbo conversion all in one shot. My car runs great now, besides the dead fuel pump. Lol. But at least I know it's quality work.

11.254@132.14MPH - Tractionally impaired
Re: non T block on a T motor + my story #33697
December 19, 2003 07:18 am UTC
December 19, 2003 07:18 am UTC
Brantford/Simcoe, ont
scott emberson Offline OP
scott emberson  Offline OP
Brantford/Simcoe, ont
reason they had the fly wheel off is they claim it needed to be machined ...and for the ball joint they broke it some how tryin to take it apart from the hub so they welded the hub to the ball joint ..?? and i dont know why my brakes where off i normally do all the work my self i did a turbo conversion on this car with multipule other up grades but i did not have the time to do a clutch ...

and for the n/t block i was not sure if i could use my pistons in the n/t block so id just use the block and swap the internals but i will need a new crank since mine is screwed thanx to them but would this be ok to do cause i cant find a turbo block and i cant afford the $$ for a whole motor other wise id buy a buschur race motor 3500$

but i have goten a full report (for my lawyer)from the current auto shop stateing the damage to my talon , the current shop even called the dinks up and asked the owner to come look at the damage that was done by his shop the guy 100% denys even working on my car even tho i have pics of the car at his shop and a full bill from him lol but i am in the prosess of takeing this guy to court he will pay
if u got any ideas it would be great help cause im lost at this point on what to do
thanx guys

port polish (mani, turbo, head) 2.5 cat back , NGK plugs, A/F , boost guage , turbonetics MBC.
MSN : lazerlight14@hotmail.com
Re: non T block on a T motor + my story #33698
December 19, 2003 02:48 pm UTC
December 19, 2003 02:48 pm UTC
Malaysia
Jeremy Chin Offline
Jeremy Chin  Offline
Malaysia
It sucks. But at least you have a paper trail to that shop. Take them to court. Report them to the BBB or any consumer groups in your area. Welding up a ball joint is un-imaginable, it can break and cause you to get into an accident. (even if they broke it, at least they can tell you its broken and you can buy a new MOOG part for $55).

As for the NT block, the thing missing is the oil quirters...even if you install you turbo pistons on.

1500 and 3 months for a clutch? WTF were they doing? a clutch is a 4 hour job and an OEM clutch kit cost like $200 and machining about $60. What? these guys charge you $200/hr?

300hp Talon to a 50hp Citroen. Lovely ain't it?
Back to another Mits.
A Mirage Cyborg as a future 4G63T candidate.

"I've had more Mitsu's than you can imagine"
Re: non T block on a T motor + my story #33699
December 19, 2003 04:13 pm UTC
December 19, 2003 04:13 pm UTC
GTA
Tim Grechin Offline
Tim Grechin  Offline
GTA
Alright I understand about the machining the flywheel now. I just neglected that but you could swap internals but to do it properly, you'd need to hone the cylinder walls and re-ring the pistons. Oil squirters aren't necessary, hell, I don't even have them in my turbo talon and it only runs hot a bit because of the FMIC. I'd just make the shop pay for the whole fracking thing. They shouldn't be working on a car if they don't know what they are doing.

11.254@132.14MPH - Tractionally impaired