July 12, 2011 06:57 pm UTC
Toronto
Jason Suen Offline OP
Serious Member
Jason Suen  Offline OP
Serious Member
Toronto
http://www.yrp.ca/caughtintheact.aspx

If anyone knows who these suspects are, please contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS or http://www.crimestoppersyr.ca.

Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Jason Suen] #357111
July 12, 2011 07:41 pm UTC
July 12, 2011 07:41 pm UTC
Brampton, Ontario
Guillaume Berton Offline
Insane Member
Guillaume Berton  Offline
Insane Member
Brampton, Ontario
Didn't even know that existed (that site/page) pretty nice to know. Although the 50year old getting away on foot, I'd have tackled him to the ground armed or not. That charity scam is shameful too. As for the credit card thing, that's definitely a credit card rink (more than 1 involved). Thanks for the link, think I might check that once in a while.

"Looked at it, declared war and went to find my throwing wrenches."
Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Guillaume Berton] #357151
July 13, 2011 07:08 am UTC
July 13, 2011 07:08 am UTC
Toronto
Jason Suen Offline OP
Serious Member
Jason Suen  Offline OP
Serious Member
Toronto
^^^
Good stuff Guillaume. You know what's surprising, I've posted this in many other forums yesterday and I've received a lot of "why should I help the police?" type responses. These people must not be very bright. The victims of these crimes are US, not the police. The police do not really "benefit" from our assistance...WE DO!

Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Jason Suen] #357161
July 13, 2011 03:17 pm UTC
July 13, 2011 03:17 pm UTC
Brampton, Ontario
Guillaume Berton Offline
Insane Member
Insane Member
Brampton, Ontario
Well with today's laws being what they are, I can understand people not wanting to manually help the justice system personally. I'm just mindset on doing the right thing, but in this day and age, doing the right thing can get you locked-up just as easily because most criminals know their laws better than most common people (i.e. if you get into an altercation with a someone performing a criminal act for instance). When you read that someone stealing from your house that slips on the porch covered in ice can sue you...laws definitely need to change.

Helping them find one on the other hand, that's easy and effortless, so I don't see why they wouldn't. Plus with candid shots, at least you know what to look for not to get scammed yourself. The world's become too much of a "it doesn't involve me, so why should I help" type of place.

Last edited by Guillaume Berton; July 13, 2011 03:18 pm UTC.

Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Guillaume Berton] #357163
July 13, 2011 04:18 pm UTC
July 13, 2011 04:18 pm UTC
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Brandon Clement Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Brandon Clement  Offline
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
You remember the guy that broke into someones house then fall through the ceiling and landed on a knife that was on the counter and cut himself, then sued the family who owned the house and won?

The legal system in Canada is so shady, and it seems people who deserve to go to jail, or get pulled over / arrested never do. Assault crimes I'd report, but robbing a bank, if no one got hurt, who cares.

No more Jetta!
Tattoo Artist at Lost Anchor
Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Brandon Clement] #357207
July 14, 2011 03:56 am UTC
July 14, 2011 03:56 am UTC
Caledon, Ontario, Canada
Bryan Lawrence Online happy
Happy Birthday Bryan Lawrence  Online Happy
Caledon, Ontario, Canada
I am 100% with Brandon on this one, I really struggle with people who go out and try and hurt people and steel from them but if I see someone trying to rob a corporation or as brandon said a bank as long as no one gets hurt I don't really care.

That lady in the news that stopped on the three guys car because they stole some liqour, who cares she risked her like for 3 dollars (relative cost to the government).

The story that really makes me sad is the homeless gentleman a few years back decide to help a woman out that was being attacked. She got away but the dude got stabbed and was left lying on the curb, this was around 5 in the morning if I remember correctly. I think it was something like seven hours later someone decided to check if he was okay, and there was blood on the street. There were idiots taking pictures of him with there cell phone cameras.

They have done a lot of tests on this and it is a fact that people tend to figure if it is a crowded area that someone else will do something so they just leave it alone, as majority think like this nothing every happens.

Sorry for hijacking, it's just something I fell very strongly about.

"Old Blue" 91 Talon TSi AWD
"Super Enthusiast" 91 Talon TSi AWD
Checkout DSMFAQ.com!
Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Bryan Lawrence] #357211
July 14, 2011 05:33 am UTC
July 14, 2011 05:33 am UTC
Toronto
Jason Suen Offline OP
Serious Member
Jason Suen  Offline OP
Serious Member
Toronto
Guys, we're not asking you to go out there and fight crime like Batman. We're just asking people to look at a few pictures. That's all. Anyway, the money in the bank belongs to the people, ie: you and me. They're not stealing from the bank, they're stealing from the people. The credit cards that are being scammed belong to people like you and me, not the police. Crime does increase prices for all - not the only factor, but it is a factor.

When people steal cars, does that not affect insurance rates (underwriting)?

When people scam cards, does that not encourage banks to increase rates and what not, on top of their usual gouging?

Millions are being scammed from people everyday in this world. All I can say is that being apathetic about people stealing your crap and being anti-police for whatever reason does not help anyone including yourself.

Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Jason Suen] #357212
July 14, 2011 06:51 am UTC
July 14, 2011 06:51 am UTC
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Brandon Clement Offline
Brandon Clement  Offline
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Credit card fraud, and money stolen from the bank are insured / covered by the companies. The bank gets robbed, they aren't like "oh sorry sir, someone actually robbed your part of the bank, and you now only have $400 left in your savings account".

Same with credit card fraud, the money gets stolen, but the company does expect you to pay that back, it's covered.

I'm not necessarily anti police, but I am anti a lot of our justice system. My mom requires financial help from me, that's why I moved in with her, but my sister is a free loader, she carved my Eclipse with a broken beer bottle because she was having a fit, threatened my life, and my mom's. Spit in my mom's face, doesn't work or go to school, and she's 22. Her carving my car up with a beer bottle was the final strand, I charge her for it, have her arrested. Then she freaks out on me calls the cops, I say to the cops "What can I do to keep her out of this house?" they say "nothing, if you even bother trying to file a restraining order on her, the station will tell you to move out". Mean while, I'm paying half the bills, she assaults me, vandalizes my vehicle, throws beer bottles at me while I'm sleeping, and yet I'm the one who gets told to move out. Cops need to spend less time sitting in their cruisers in speed traps, and actually patrol the city to stop real sh!t from happening.

If someone gets physically harmed, then I'd be all over that. No innocent civilian should ever get assaulted. But a man low on money so he robs a bank, who cares. He needed a pay day and no one got hurt.

Last edited by Brandon Clement; July 14, 2011 06:52 am UTC.

No more Jetta!
Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Brandon Clement] #357221
July 14, 2011 03:18 pm UTC
July 14, 2011 03:18 pm UTC
Ajax, ON
Reza Mirza Offline
Reza Mirza  Offline
Ajax, ON
You guys don't even want to offer a reward for helping track down one of these suspects ?

Forget that, why bother and waste my time even if I did recognize one of them. Seems like I would just be getting involved in something that has no benefit to me.

Offer a reward or some incentive and you might get somewhere smile
Brandon has a point, these guys never harmed me so who cares! Thats what insurance is for in Canada. Give the public some of their tax money back as an incentive and you might get a different response on forums.

1G DSM: 1000+ AWHP, 9.2@162.83 MPH
Evo X: 746 AWHP, XR9569S pump gas
www.dynotuneracing.com

Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Reza Mirza] #357235
July 14, 2011 04:11 pm UTC
July 14, 2011 04:11 pm UTC
Toronto, Ontario
Kobie Mercury-Clarke Offline
Serious Member
Kobie Mercury-Clarke  Offline
Serious Member
Toronto, Ontario
My issue is basically how I was treated day in and day out with the YRPS. Out of my 20+ years living there, there was only ONE officer who i was fortunate enough to meet who was a really great guy. The rest of the officers were bullies and brutes, plain and simple.

I've helped P.C Willis with a few things back in the day, and I would gladly help again and again if he personally requested it, just as a thank you for how he was towards me.

I agree with Reza though, no incentive? No nothing? What's the point? It's not like you're even going to get rewarded for doing a good deed. Half the time it's hard to figure out what actually is a good deed. Then you have to figure out, is it a good deed for me and bad for them? Or is it bad for me and good for them?

The laws really need to change in terms of peoples rights, THEN, maybe people will be more willing to help.

And don't start with the "ohhh, you hate cops" because I used to work in a partnership with 55 division at the beaches in Toronto.

Last edited by Kobie Mercury-Clarke; July 14, 2011 04:11 pm UTC.

1993 Talon Esi - Sold, and missed dearly frown
2004 Saab 9-3 Hirsch Tuned etc
Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Brandon Clement] #357242
July 14, 2011 08:29 pm UTC
July 14, 2011 08:29 pm UTC
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ziggy Dietrich Offline
Ziggy Dietrich  Offline
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Originally Posted by Brandon Clement
Credit card fraud, and money stolen from the bank are insured / covered by the companies. The bank gets robbed, they aren't like "oh sorry sir, someone actually robbed your part of the bank, and you now only have $400 left in your savings account".

Same with credit card fraud, the money gets stolen, but the company does expect you to pay that back, it's covered.

But a man low on money so he robs a bank, who cares. He needed a pay day and no one got hurt.

How do you mean "covered"? Does magic money just appear and replace the missing money? So, if someone hits your car and totals it, we should all say "so what, it's only a car,....and besides, it's "covered"".

Why do you think insurance rates are as high as they are? Any why do you think the banks gouge us as much as they do? Because they have to "cover" crap like this....

I like the old ways....someone steals, cutoff his hand! If he steals again, cut off his other hand...

I can't BELIEVE someone actually thinks it's OK to rob a bank because you were short of cash

"bluebird" worlds fastest scooter ridden by me
"Whitebird" RIP
Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Ziggy Dietrich] #357244
July 14, 2011 09:29 pm UTC
July 14, 2011 09:29 pm UTC
Beamsville, Ont, Canada
Steve Kinnaird Offline

Steve Kinnaird  Offline

Beamsville, Ont, Canada
Sometimes, the reward for a good deed, is simply knowing that you were able to help someone.

Why does there have to be a monetary/tangible reward to want to help others?

Now, I'll have all kinds of time to talk about DSMs, because I won't be busy fixing mine!
Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Steve Kinnaird] #357246
July 14, 2011 09:46 pm UTC
July 14, 2011 09:46 pm UTC
Belleville, Ontario
Ryan Laliberte Offline

No-Lift-To-Shift.... Stock. :)
Ryan Laliberte  Offline

No-Lift-To-Shift.... Stock. :)
Belleville, Ontario
I agree with Steve.

An eye for an eye and the world goes blind.

This is the problem with the society of today. People still forget that we are still... PEOPLE! If everyone did something with the mindset of reward, then one or two times where you aren't rewarded will ultimately stop you from doing anything!

You know why people get away with sh!t more today than 20 years ago? It's easier not to care. It doesn't affect me so why bother?

When it does affect you, and you are looking for people to care, you'll understand why.

How we feel about when something we did affected someone in a positive way is more rewarding than anything that could be contrasted monetarily.

AWDAuto
1996 TSi AWD Automagic
12.24 @ 113 - Small 16G
FP Green HTA - 11.42/123
Team Pump Gas and Meth
RTMRacing - Your Canadian source for DSM Parts

"Every moment you live is pregnant with the next moment of your life" --Jim Carrey

Last Login: September 28, 2021
Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Ziggy Dietrich] #357253
July 14, 2011 10:24 pm UTC
July 14, 2011 10:24 pm UTC
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Brandon Clement Offline
Brandon Clement  Offline
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by Ziggy Dietrich, RTM Racing

But a man low on money so he robs a bank, who cares. He needed a pay day and no one got hurt.

How do you mean "covered"? Does magic money just appear and replace the missing money? So, if someone hits your car and totals it, we should all say "so what, it's only a car,....and besides, it's "covered"".

Why do you think insurance rates are as high as they are? Any why do you think the banks gouge us as much as they do? Because they have to "cover" crap like this....

I like the old ways....someone steals, cutoff his hand! If he steals again, cut off his other hand...

I can't BELIEVE someone actually thinks it's OK to rob a bank because you were short of cash

It's covered because it's insured. The money may go missing, but it isn't going to go missing from my account. Stealing money from a bank is whatever, no one gets hurt alright. Stealing money from a person is different. John Dillinger, Robin Hood, etc.

And the reason insurance is so high, car insurance specifically (and Grant Redfern can chime in), is because in Ontario, people milk insurance claims for everything they can. Ontario has the highest claims by at least 10 000 average. And I dunno bout you Ziggy, but with PC Financial, I don't pay a dime. And banks have always gouged people, same with insurance companies. They gouge you before any word of this stuff even happening in case something does.

Like I said, I have a big problem with people hurting other innocent people, but I have no problem with people ripping off big corporations and governments.

No more Jetta!
Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Ryan Laliberte] #357254
July 14, 2011 10:27 pm UTC
July 14, 2011 10:27 pm UTC
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Brandon Clement Offline
Brandon Clement  Offline
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by Ryan Laliberte
I agree with Steve.

An eye for an eye and the world goes blind.

This is the problem with the society of today. People still forget that we are still... PEOPLE! If everyone did something with the mindset of reward, then one or two times where you aren't rewarded will ultimately stop you from doing anything!

You know why people get away with sh!t more today than 20 years ago? It's easier not to care. It doesn't affect me so why bother?

When it does affect you, and you are looking for people to care, you'll understand why.

How we feel about when something we did affected someone in a positive way is more rewarding than anything that could be contrasted monetarily.

The problem with it today is not necessarily the "what's in it for me", it's the "what's going to happen to me".

No more Jetta!
Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Brandon Clement] #357261
July 14, 2011 10:48 pm UTC
July 14, 2011 10:48 pm UTC
Ajax, ON
Reza Mirza Offline
Reza Mirza  Offline
Ajax, ON
I still do my good deeds for the day. Me not going out of my way to call crime stoppers, sure as hell does not make it a bad deed. I don't have time for that, if they want to offer incentive, then maybe I'll find time smile

I should just quit my day job and start fixing everyones DSM's for FREE, and offer FREE rebuilds on everyones trannies. Lol NOT. Some people don't value time, I do. I've dealt with enough (power trippin) cops who don't give a frack about you, writing you stupid unecessary tickets and not caring about the situation your in, so yea frack them too smile
Sorry no bad deed or crime commited here, it is JMHO!

www.dynotuneracing.com

Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Reza Mirza] #357262
July 14, 2011 10:53 pm UTC
July 14, 2011 10:53 pm UTC
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ziggy Dietrich Offline
Ziggy Dietrich  Offline
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Banks and insurance companies did NOT always rip people off. This is a result of the attitudes in some of the posts above.

I can remember when banks charged a LITTLE more for a loan than they paid for savings. There were no fees, and they actually COMPETED for your business and GAVE you stuff.

Insurance was not even mandatory.

I can still remember when people left their houses unlocked. their cars unlocked, their car keys in the ignition, and their wallets on the car seat....and no-one took them! Why? Simple...because it WASN'T THEIRS.

If you honestly believe that a corporation being ripped off is not costing YOU in some way, you are truly a moron...
And if you have no problem with people ripping off the government, then DON'T ever complain that taxes are too high!!

"bluebird" worlds fastest scooter ridden by me
"Whitebird" RIP
Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Brandon Clement] #357263
July 14, 2011 10:55 pm UTC
July 14, 2011 10:55 pm UTC
Kingston, Ont
Steve White Offline
Serious Member
Steve White  Offline
Serious Member
Kingston, Ont
You think the only thing some of these people have done is robbed a few stores? These pieces of sh!t have done more trust me. These aren't people that are short on cash and need a few bucks to get by....these are habitual criminals. The great thing about crime stoppers is you have the chance to get them off the street before they kill a family member, a small child at a park in a drive shooting. If you want to sit on your hands and do nothing that's fine but if more people stepped up and identified these pieces of sh!t then the streets would be a bit safer. And if you think there are no victims in a store robbery or a bank robbery ...talk to the clerks and tellers who have nightmares for years to follow. All the cops want is a lead in the case ... not a star witness in the trial.

Steve, Corrections Officer

97 Talon with FP 3065-Kelfords-1G race head-DV/DT FMIC-FP 1150's-ECMlink-Meth inj 70/30 at 850cc's
Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Ziggy Dietrich] #357264
July 14, 2011 11:00 pm UTC
July 14, 2011 11:00 pm UTC
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Brandon Clement Offline
Brandon Clement  Offline
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by Ziggy Dietrich, RTM Racing
Banks and insurance companies did NOT always rip people off. This is a result of the attitudes in some of the posts above.

I can remember when banks charged a LITTLE more for a loan than they paid for savings. There were no fees, and they actually COMPETED for your business and GAVE you stuff.

Insurance was not even mandatory.

I can still remember when people left their houses unlocked. their cars unlocked, their car keys in the ignition, and their wallets on the car seat....and no-one took them! Why? Simple...because it WASN'T THEIRS.

If you honestly believe that a corporation being ripped off is not costing YOU in some way, you are truly a moron...
And if you have no problem with people ripping off the government, then DON'T ever complain that taxes are too high!!

A lot of the fees that companies have to charge us is because of the government. Not to mention, the cost of living has always naturally gone up, it doesn't go down. Did we steal 1 billion dollars in gas, so that's why our gas prices go up every year? No.

The reasons banks need to charge you more to borrow money from them, is because the cost of living has gone up, which means the risk to them as gone up. 30 years ago, a 1800 sq ft house cost 90 000, now it's 250,000. Are we stealing houses? no.

And like Reza said, they don't give a frack about us, so frack them too. The police are supposed to keep US safe, they get paid thousands of dollars a year to do that, let them do their job instead of sitting in parking lots with radar guns.

No more Jetta!
Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Reza Mirza] #357265
July 14, 2011 11:02 pm UTC
July 14, 2011 11:02 pm UTC
Brampton, Ontario
Guillaume Berton Offline
Insane Member
Insane Member
Brampton, Ontario
I agree with Steve/Ziggy and Ryan. Not to mention, if someone is robbing a bank, chances are he's armed (like in that example on the page), given the right circumstances, he might injure/kill someone. I trained with a large number of cops/bank security in my martial arts days, and even if they would get grief for doing the right thing because of layers/suing, they'd do it again in a heart beat. I completely agree with them in that regard. I'm not saying everyone should follow my example, I was just raised that way and that's how I think.

I don't "ok" anything that involves stealing/scamming/fraud no matter the circumstance, you never HAVE to do it, there is ways around it, that's just the easy way out, because in the end of the day, everyone else suffers for it.

Additionally, someone with a criminal mind that sees he can get away with things like that will continue and in most cases become more apt to it and gets that "invincible" way of thinking, and that becomes dangerous.

Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Brandon Clement] #357266
July 14, 2011 11:03 pm UTC
Kingston, Ont
Steve White Offline
Serious Member
Steve White  Offline
Serious Member
Kingston, Ont
sad thing is we have way more crime and criminals than we have cops and detectives......we will always need help from the community.

97 Talon with FP 3065-Kelfords-1G race head-DV/DT FMIC-FP 1150's-ECMlink-Meth inj 70/30 at 850cc's
Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Steve White] #357267
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Brandon Clement Offline
Brandon Clement  Offline
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by Steve White
You think the only thing some of these people have done is robbed a few stores? These pieces of sh!t have done more trust me. These aren't people that are short on cash and need a few bucks to get by....these are habitual criminals. The great thing about crime stoppers is you have the chance to get them off the street before they kill a family member, a small child at a park in a drive shooting. If you want to sit on your hands and do nothing that's fine but if more people stepped up and identified these pieces of sh!t then the streets would be a bit safer. And if you think there are no victims in a store robbery or a bank robbery ...talk to the clerks and tellers who have nightmares for years to follow. All the cops want is a lead in the case ... not a star witness in the trial.

Steve, Corrections Officer

So every guy that robs a bank is suddenly a gang banger killing kids? I guess every pot smoker is actually a coke head, and dealing meth. Come on man. And I guess every person who has downloaded a movie or ran a non-purchased version of windows, is actually really robbing stores at gun point.

That's a big problem with people in law enforcement.

No more Jetta!
Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Guillaume Berton] #357268
July 14, 2011 11:04 pm UTC
July 14, 2011 11:04 pm UTC
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Brandon Clement Offline
Brandon Clement  Offline
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by Guillaume Berton
I agree with Steve/Ziggy and Ryan. Not to mention, if someone is robbing a bank, chances are he's armed (like in that example on the page), given the right circumstances, he might injure/kill someone. I trained with a large number of cops/bank security in my martial arts days, and even if they would get grief for doing the right thing because of layers/suing, they'd do it again in a heart beat. I completely agree with them in that regard. I'm not saying everyone should follow my example, I was just raised that way and that's how I think.

I don't "ok" anything that involves stealing/scamming/fraud no matter the circumstance, you never HAVE to do it, there is ways around it, that's just the easy way out, because in the end of the day, everyone else suffers for it.

Additionally, someone with a criminal mind that sees he can get away with things like that will continue and in most cases become more apt to it and gets that "invincible" way of thinking, and that becomes dangerous.

Have you ever watched a downloaded movie? Downloaded an mp3? Used an illegal copy of Windows?

No more Jetta!
Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Brandon Clement] #357270
July 14, 2011 11:05 pm UTC
July 14, 2011 11:05 pm UTC
Kingston, Ont
Steve White Offline
Serious Member
Steve White  Offline
Serious Member
Kingston, Ont
Ya there is a large chance that the guy robbing the bank is also a gang banger or habitual criminal yes....I have a bit of experience with criminals and crime.

Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Steve White] #357271
July 14, 2011 11:06 pm UTC
July 14, 2011 11:06 pm UTC
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Brandon Clement Offline
Brandon Clement  Offline
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Ya there is a large chance that the guy robbing the bank is also a gang banger or habitual criminal yes....I have a bit of experience with criminals and crime.

But then, I guess every cop is an asshole if one is an asshole to me, correct? Or that every cop that is an asshole, would use excessive force on me.

Last edited by Brandon Clement; July 14, 2011 11:08 pm UTC.

No more Jetta!
Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Brandon Clement] #357272
July 14, 2011 11:10 pm UTC
July 14, 2011 11:10 pm UTC
Kingston, Ont
Steve White Offline
Serious Member
Steve White  Offline
Serious Member
Kingston, Ont

That's a big problem with people in law enforcement.

I am not in law enforcement for the record, I deal with max security convicts everyday.

And chicken shits who sit on their hands and do nothing are the biggest whiners when a crime is committed against them....when all it may have taken is one phone call from somebody who recognized someone in a photo.

Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Brandon Clement] #357273
July 14, 2011 11:12 pm UTC
July 14, 2011 11:12 pm UTC
Kingston, Ont
Steve White Offline
Serious Member
Steve White  Offline
Serious Member
Kingston, Ont

But then, I guess every cop is an asshole if one is an asshole to me, correct? Or that every cop that is an asshole, would use excessive force on me.

No why would I think that?

Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Steve White] #357274
July 14, 2011 11:13 pm UTC
July 14, 2011 11:13 pm UTC
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Brandon Clement Offline
Brandon Clement  Offline
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Do you enforce the law? I just think that people are very hypocritical when it comes to things with the law. It's ok for cops to stereotype civilians, but if you stereotype cops as a civilian, then people are like "well when you need them then what". But cops stereotype civilians all the time, and then expect them to help the cops out. What the hell is that?

I for one, am completely for reporting something if an innocent was hurt. I think that if someone attacks another innocent person, they deserve to spend a ton of time in jail.

No more Jetta!
Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Brandon Clement] #357275
July 14, 2011 11:15 pm UTC
July 14, 2011 11:15 pm UTC
Brampton, Ontario
Guillaume Berton Offline
Insane Member
Insane Member
Brampton, Ontario
If you are robbing someone using a weapon, there is no doubt in my mind what kind of person you are. Threatening someone with an intent to injure or kill will never be ok in my books. Scamming older people (in most cases for fake charities) is shameful, you seriously back up people that use someones problems/disease/health a good thing? When that happens, people become wary and give less to help the REAL cause and people suffer. You can think the way you want Brandon, I'm not trying to change your mindset, just stating mine so I really don't see your beef with my opinion, I'm entitled to it wink. Mistreating others will never be something I tolerate.

Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Brandon Clement] #357276
July 14, 2011 11:17 pm UTC
July 14, 2011 11:17 pm UTC
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Brandon Clement Offline
Brandon Clement  Offline
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
If for every movie I downloaded they killed a kid, I wouldn't download them.

But here's the thing, people will be like no way, that guy robbed a bank. But then sit there and listen to their thousands of mp3s, and if they weren't paid for, you digitally walked into a cd store and stole those cds. How is one ok, but the other isn't?

No more Jetta!
Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Guillaume Berton] #357277
July 14, 2011 11:18 pm UTC
July 14, 2011 11:18 pm UTC
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Brandon Clement Offline
Brandon Clement  Offline
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
If you are robbing someone using a weapon, there is no doubt in my mind what kind of person you are. Threatening someone with an intent to injure or kill will never be ok in my books. Scamming older people (in most cases for fake charities) is shameful, you seriously back up people that use someones problems/disease/health a good thing? When that happens, people become wary and give less to help the REAL cause and people suffer. You can think the way you want Brandon, I'm not trying to change your mindset, just stating mine so I really don't see your beef with my opinion, I'm entitled to it wink. Mistreating others will never be something I tolerate.

I specifically said I was not ok with anyone stealing from an individual, but from a big company, I think it's fine. But if you download movies, mp3s, books, or whatever, then you are technically stealing in a non-physical way. That's why me saying someone stealing a chocolate bar from a Macs is so wrong and they deserve to be held accountable for the maximum penalty, but then go home and watch a movie I just downloaded for free, would make me a hypocrite. Neither one of us is hurting anyone.

Last edited by Brandon Clement; July 14, 2011 11:20 pm UTC.

No more Jetta!
Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Brandon Clement] #357278
July 14, 2011 11:19 pm UTC
July 14, 2011 11:19 pm UTC
Kingston, Ont
Steve White Offline
Serious Member
Steve White  Offline
Serious Member
Kingston, Ont
No I do not enforce any "laws" I carry out the court's sentence and house dirt bags until the end of their sentence. All I am saying is that there is a great chance that the guy robbing the store or bank today is also possibly wanted in connection with something else or is on track to commit a more violent crime in the future....not a 100% chance but a very good chance. And if all it takes is an anonymous tip to catch the guy....why is that so hard for some people to do?

Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Brandon Clement] #357279
July 14, 2011 11:20 pm UTC
Brampton, Ontario
Guillaume Berton Offline
Insane Member
Insane Member
Brampton, Ontario
I get your point, but the bank robbery, like I said before, is usually done with a weapon of some sort. You can't just walk in a bank and demand all their money tongue

Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Steve White] #357280
Ajax, ON
Reza Mirza Offline
Reza Mirza  Offline
Ajax, ON
Damn good points Brandon, lol. +10 from me !
Anyone want to report a crime ?

I know a shop close by that sells burnt DVD's, actually the whole Pacific Mall sells burnt movies. A crime is a crime right. So who wants to do a good deed for the day, and call up crimestoppers for me ?

Lets see which good samaritan pm's me for the info and gets on the ball asap, or should we first go get the dude stealing beer kegs! Man what a threat, I'm scared for my life now.

www.dynotuneracing.com

Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Guillaume Berton] #357281
July 14, 2011 11:24 pm UTC
July 14, 2011 11:24 pm UTC
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Brandon Clement Offline
Brandon Clement  Offline
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
I get your point, but the bank robbery, like I said before, is usually done with a weapon of some sort. You can't just walk in a bank and demand all their money tongue

People have robbed banks with cell phones, saying if you don't hand over the money we will kill this persons family. People can also rob a bank with their hand in their jacket in the shape of a hand gun. In any situation to do with theft, the employees are trained to just hand over the money with the least amount of resistance to avoid people getting hurt because the money is insured and will be reimbursed to the bank or whatever.

I do not believe that anyone getting injured is ok, I hate to see any innocent person get hurt, I am completely against that. I also don't believe in people scamming individuals either. But hey, if Microsoft loses a billion dollars due to pirated Windows downloads, all well. Are any of you losing sleep over that?

No more Jetta!
Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Brandon Clement] #357282
July 14, 2011 11:26 pm UTC
July 14, 2011 11:26 pm UTC
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Brandon Clement Offline
Brandon Clement  Offline
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Or how many people have bought something off Ebay, or somewhere, and requested that the person put a lesser amount on the package amount to save them duty fees? That's technically fraud.

No more Jetta!
Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Brandon Clement] #357283
July 14, 2011 11:28 pm UTC
July 14, 2011 11:28 pm UTC
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Brandon Clement Offline
Brandon Clement  Offline
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Or hey, anyone ever cross the border, then when coming back "forget" to declare everything they purchased while in the States?

No more Jetta!
Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Brandon Clement] #357285
July 14, 2011 11:32 pm UTC
July 14, 2011 11:32 pm UTC
Ajax, ON
Reza Mirza Offline
Reza Mirza  Offline
Ajax, ON
All this police talk is reminding me about the time York Regional Police beat my brother up at the police station with the Yellow pages, so that his bruises would not be visible from the outside. Yup, I guess they need our help now.

www.dynotuneracing.com

Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Brandon Clement] #357287
July 14, 2011 11:34 pm UTC
July 14, 2011 11:34 pm UTC
Brampton, Ontario
Guillaume Berton Offline
Insane Member
Insane Member
Brampton, Ontario
To each his own like I said, we all have a different way of seeing things. But just think of stockbrokers (some of which invest in make believe companies or use make believe money through trades) and ...I forget his name (Murdoch? I forget) he made a bunch of people invest in his "make believe stuff" for million and millions of dollars (he's now in prison) but his family kept everything. No one got hurt, yet it shakes the economy to hell. Like I said, anything can be turned around to suit any point of view. Everyone will always have their own opinion on this kind of a subject. I stand by how my parents raised me, because that's all I got smile .

Re: York Regional Police Needs Your Help - Suspects! [Re: Brandon Clement] #357288
July 14, 2011 11:39 pm UTC
July 14, 2011 11:39 pm UTC
Ajax, ON
Reza Mirza Offline
Reza Mirza  Offline
Ajax, ON
Or how many people have bought something off Ebay, or somewhere, and requested that the person put a lesser amount on the package amount to save them duty fees? That's technically fraud.

Geeeez, maybe thats why they rape us with cross border fees. Its all the business that try to slip past the government in order to profit themselves. I guess its ok for businesses to fraud the government since they don't have a gun in hand ?
So tell me wanna be police officers, what crime is ok to do then ?

www.dynotuneracing.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3