July 28, 2018 08:45 pm UTC
July 28, 2018 08:45 pm UTC
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Luke Smith Offline OP
Serious Member
Luke Smith  Offline OP
Serious Member
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Hate to do this but I have a baby on the way and I can't keep putting money into the car. It has been my project for the last 4 years now. Close to finished but still needs some work.
Pics:
[img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HxJACNiSOPaaHLx15AVruk3BqM55Rt_b/view?usp=drivesdk[/img]
[img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UgtnJswZlukRgU9Z332fRVzLK-JEOJ3A/view?usp=drivesdk[/img]
[img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VaG6U-W_79AecNy87QhEyXTDy_H1iaG4/view?usp=drivesdk[/img]
[img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gDOA_PTCUTxZWtxyE3WHdzV5JSWhJnRE/view?usp=drivesdk[/img]
[img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mwYrW_tsHM64JL7PARKrqOdlTmMpP7RO/view?usp=drivesdk[/img]
[img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lEtOLC5I49WZgId7yN-phFm0u-WJvEdc/view?usp=drivesdk[/img]

Info:

1995 Eagle Talon. 206,000kms. 5 speed trans. I've never winter driven it and as far I know hasn't been by previous owners and was told it was stored for many years before. Eclipse conversion with 95 Eclipse parts many years ago and roof color matched. Came with KYB AGX shocks and Eibach springs.

Parts that I've changed:

Body:97 style front bumper, projector headlights w/ halos, projector fog lights, hood struts, custom center tail light w/ led and backup camera, clear corner lenses, door handles, rear hatch struts, hella horns, OMP tow straps front & rear, front inner fenders, new hardware for the side skirts cause they were falling off.

Suspension: upper control arms, sway bar end links, sway bar bushings, front & rear upper strut tower braces. Rims: 2 choices of rims- 16" Talon swirlies with winter tires or 18" rims look like BBS but are made by Privat, Sumitomo HTR-Z II 225/40R18 tires. 2 brand new other 2 used 2000kms.

Brakes: drilled and slotted rotors all around, new pads, new calipers all around powder coated red, new emergency brake pads and hardware kit, used non-abs proportion valve, braided lines from master to prop and from prop to front calipers.

Engine bay: repainted engine bay with factory color paint and clear coated when I had the engine out, powder coated valve cover and cam gears, timing belt and water pump, crank pulley, alternator, Jay racing alt relocate, FIAV bypass plate, EGR delete, used intake manifold (original had stripped threads at the so was leaking boost),BISS screw kit(3 pieces), diy coil on plug kit (intrepid coils aluminum plate wired for proper firing order) aluminum radiator with 2 12" slim fans, rad cap, thermostat, samco 3 layer silicone radiator and heater hoses, metal line from water pipe to oil filter, oil dipstick and tube, ralliart oil cap, all the engine and transmission mounts, brake fluid reservoir and cap, clutch fluid reservoir and cap, coolant overflow bottle and cap and hoses, battery wires all changed 0g starter wire 4g for amp dual 8g to alt., 4g ground wire to starter and grounding kit,
Fuel: 255lph walboro pump, 6an line from tank to rail, 6an inline filter 30 micron, used PTE injectors (880s if I remember correctly), adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 6an return line to tank,
Sensors: crank position, cam position, coolant temp, GM IAT, Omni 4 bar map, front and rear O2,
Drivetrain: 2600lbs clutch, fidanza aluminum flywheel, clutch slave cylinder, braided line, transmission had bell housing replaced when I found a crack in it and seals replaced and new fluid put in
Turbo: stock 2g manifold with mls gasket, 14b turbo, stock O2 housing, 4an feed line from head, banjo fitting in the head, turbosmart manual boost controller, big front mount intercooler with 2.5" aluminum piping, genuine HKS SSQ BOV, good silicone connectors and tbar clamps.
Exhaust: 3" OBX downpipe wrapped with heat wrap, 3" SRS stainless exhaust, no cat

Inside: ECMlink v3 lite, wideband O2, electronic boost gauges, shift light, 7" touch screen LCD, hidden audio setup, mtx speakers 1" tweeters 6.5" door 6*9" rear, remote start alarm, electronic trunk release, used fuse panel, blower resistor, racing steering wheel and quick release.

Probably more I have forgotten but pretty close.

What I know it still needs:
Hood needs to be replaced. It is rotten underneath at the front where the weather strip is found this when I was trying to cut hood pins so temporary welded back together and painted but doesn't match.
Clear coat is starting to peel in a few spots.
Shocks are worn out from sitting 4 years and ride really rough.
Still have some electronic problems the speedometer is not working but I think it's the sensor from it being out of the transmission for a long time, gas gauge is not reading but gas light not on so probably float is gone bad. Last time I was working on the car I rolled down the window and it wouldn't go back up. Had to hook window motor to a battery to go up and haven't looked at it since.
Front window has a crack that probably won't pass safety.
Power steering pump making a bit of noise even though fluid is full probably seals dried out when it was apart.

I have a lot invested in this car and I know I will not get it all back but I am firm on my price, asking $6500 with 18" rims or $6000 with stock 16" rims. Best way to reach me is by text or phone 7oh5 987 7527 or email redgsxwing at hotmail.com

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD w/ 2Ga Eclipse conv.
*1992 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo AWD* Rest in Pieces

Re: 1995 Eagle Talon / Mitsubishi Eclipse [Re: Luke Smith] #454839
July 28, 2018 10:24 pm UTC
July 28, 2018 10:24 pm UTC
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Luke Smith Offline OP
Serious Member
Luke Smith  Offline OP
Serious Member
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Forgot to mention that the car is running right now but still needs tuning once the other bugs are worked out.

Re: 1995 Eagle Talon / Mitsubishi Eclipse [Re: Luke Smith] #454842
July 30, 2018 03:15 pm UTC
July 30, 2018 03:15 pm UTC
Caledon, Ontario, Canada
Bryan Lawrence Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Bryan Lawrence  Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Caledon, Ontario, Canada
Googled fucked with the way they store images a while back so you cant embed them on ubb anymore.

Congrats on the new addition!

I have passed this on to a buddy, GLWS

"Old Blue" 91 Talon TSi AWD
"Super Enthusiast" 91 Talon TSi AWD
Checkout DSMFAQ.com!
Re: 1995 Eagle Talon / Mitsubishi Eclipse [Re: Luke Smith] #454843
July 31, 2018 02:46 pm UTC
July 31, 2018 02:46 pm UTC
Los Angeles, California
Alex Akachinskiy Offline
Insane Member
Alex Akachinskiy  Offline
Insane Member
Los Angeles, California
Congrats! another red 2g joins the club smile

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1999 Eclipse GST Automagic
1991 3000GT VR-4
Re: 1995 Eagle Talon / Mitsubishi Eclipse [Re: Luke Smith] #454894
August 17, 2018 07:08 pm UTC
August 17, 2018 07:08 pm UTC
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Luke Smith Offline OP
Serious Member
Luke Smith  Offline OP
Serious Member
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Update: In hopes of drumming up more interest I am reducing the price to $5500. That being said I have removed my audio setup and the 18" rims. Will come with 16" Talon swirlies. Getting the side skirts put back on and some of the interior back together this weekend. Will update with fresh pics after the weekend.