Rate Thread
Miss my DSM and the club! #55378
June 21, 2003 09:07 am UTC
June 21, 2003 09:07 am UTC
Switzerland
Adrian Hossu Offline OP
Adrian Hossu  Offline OP
Switzerland
I've been in europe for a month now.. Living in Germany, and .. well, I really really miss my talon frown

I'm surrounded by bmw, vw's and mercedes.... Haven't seen a single DSM here since I got here. I know there's a DSM club in germany, but .. no DSM's on the roads!

So, I'm thinking of shipping my car here. I got a quote for $1,200 USD, including all fees on the canadian side. The I would have to pay german port fees.... Does anyone have any experience with this? Any friends that shipped cars overseas?

I found a site that said Canadian cars should have no problem coming to germany, and you can drive them with the canadian plates until the sticker expires.... I really hope I can do this!!!

Well, that's my post smile

Take care everyone and I hope that Ontario DSM meet works out!!!

Re: Miss my DSM and the club! #55379
June 22, 2003 09:05 pm UTC
June 22, 2003 09:05 pm UTC
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ziggy Dietrich Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Ziggy Dietrich  Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Niagara Falls, Ontario
I would look into this carefully...if you have to pass the German safety check (TUV), they are REALLY strict!! They don't even allow custom rims or tires other than manufacturer's recommendations without going through extensive testing!! You are not even allowed to add a trailer hitch to car without getting it inspected. Once inspected, it is noted right on the ownership papers that this modification is permissible for your car, but, as I said, they are TOUGH!!!

"bluebird" worlds fastest scooter ridden by me
"Whitebird" RIP
Re: Miss my DSM and the club! #55380
June 23, 2003 04:51 pm UTC
June 23, 2003 04:51 pm UTC
Switzerland
Adrian Hossu Offline OP
Adrian Hossu  Offline OP
Switzerland
Actually, in my one 2 weeks of staying here I already met someone that does TUV under the table smile So that shouldn't be a problem..

I found a cheaper rate, of $1,000 USD... and with that you can load up the car with whatever you want.. so I can bring my computer and monitor and all my toys over smile

I think I'm gonna go through with it.. and it's a 14 day port-to-port delivery, with a ship leaving toronto every week.... so, pretty convenient. This is exciting smile

Re: Miss my DSM and the club! #55381
June 26, 2003 01:10 am UTC
June 26, 2003 01:10 am UTC
Whitby/Toronto
P
Peter Filz Offline
Peter Filz  Offline
P
Whitby/Toronto
How long are you staying there? If it's only for the summer I would say it's hardly worth it.