April 20, 2000 03:39 pm UTC
April 20, 2000 03:39 pm UTC

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Well, went to London on opening day, when everyone else went to Cayuga. I knew i was going to break something, just didn't know what.. didn't know when. Going down the 401 with Johnny meeting up with Craig and the boyz, Craig tell me.. no cops between us.. just hammer it. Okay.. so i'm getting up to 160.. fast lane car won't move outta my way.. no problem, i move to the middle, bad idea.. raccoon (dead already) lying there smack in the middle of the middle lane. Quick decision, either under the wheels, possibly losing control, or down the center of the car. We go with the center of the car, bad idea, BANG!.. wtf? The car is making a horrible sound like maybe some of him is stuck in my car somewhere. Pull over.. look underneath.. ARRGH! The exhaust pipe snapped just behind the flange on the intermidiate pipe (just after the cat).
So i go to London anyways.. you think..less exhaust, quicker times.. alas.. not.. dismal 14's. I beat Johnnyboy though.. so satisfaction there. So i'm forced to get the exhaust fixed.. so why not upgrade! [Linked Image]

Now.. 3" turbo-back. And! I found my boost leak.. the clamp for the pipe at the intercooler had come off!

Off to London i go on April 14th. Got beat by 1 mustang (over and over again), never lost to anything else.. good feeling eventhough it was just other mustangs, firehawks, beretta's there... oh.. and the lonely Type-R [Linked Image]
13.904 @ 19.5psi .. slow i know.. i just need to learn how to drive [Linked Image]

------------------
13.904 @ 99.878mph - still need to learn how to drive frown

Re: London / Cayuga - first time out #75723
April 20, 2000 04:04 pm UTC
April 20, 2000 04:04 pm UTC
Grimsby, Ontario
C
Craig Watson Offline
Craig Watson  Offline
C
Grimsby, Ontario
Congrats on the times Jer! [Linked Image]

did they spray the track this time in London? We kinda concluded that on the 1st they hadn't and that was causing some problems hooking up.

BTW-how much did they charge to remove the 'coon guts when the 3" was put on?

------------------
93 Talon Tsi AWD
back from sabbatical
www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Street/1125/

93 Talon Tsi AWD

my website
Re: London / Cayuga - first time out #75724
April 24, 2000 06:12 am UTC
April 24, 2000 06:12 am UTC

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Thanx Craig [Linked Image])

Actually.. i went to Cayuga, not London that night, but i had huge probs hooking up at Cayuga regardless. They say it was cuz the track wasn't warmed up enough (what do i know?). Ah well, good none the less i guess.

Well, there were no visible signs of the racoon left.. guess it must've all burnt off tongue

------------------
13.904 @ 99.878mph - still need to learn how to drive frown