Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
"Instructional & Lapping Day" at Mosport's Driver Development Track on Sunday, Octobe #76219
October 05, 2000 08:52 pm UTC
October 05, 2000 08:52 pm UTC
Binbrook, Ontario
Andrew Bienhaus Offline OP
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Andrew Bienhaus  Offline OP
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Binbrook, Ontario
Hi Guys... I got an invite and am going, to an awesome track day at Mosport. So, I thought I should invite the entire crowd, and see who is interrested.

After the assessment made of my car by the Auto-X guys, that it would make an excellent fast track car, I've decided to give it a shot, and learn how to drive on the track, all proper-like. [Linked Image]

Here's the text of Ian's message: (he's the same guy that ran the car control school for the club back in August!)
This is a reminder for those interested in our "Instructional & Lapping Day" at Mosport's Driver Development Track on Sunday, October 22nd. If you have already sent in your money, you've read far enough.

If you still wish to join us on this day of fun, please send in your name and money. We have a LIMITED NUMBER of spaces left.

The cost is $200 and includes lunch and instruction. The whole group will be split up into 3 sub groups with each getting many half hour lapping sessions. The groups will be, Novice - for those you have never been on the track before and require instruction, Intermediate - for those with some track time but can request instruction, and Expert - for the instructors and racers. Helmets are required.

The Driver Development track is ideal for learning on. Speeds can still be in excess of 140 kph on the straight, but it is a lot safer than the main track and more technical, which is why it is ideal for learning.

Please let us know by phone or email & mail your cheque to:
Ian Law Racing, 8 Hepworth Way, Markham, L3P 3S9.
We will notify you when we receive your cheque and we'll also mail out a pre-school check list for your vehicle.

The web site is www.carcontrolschool.com but we'll start at 8am and run 'til 5pm. To get there, take 401 east to Bowmanville and go north on Waverley Rd. you follow this about 20km north, past a Fire station on the NE corner to the next road that should be marked by a sign saying Mosport Park. Turn right and follow this road to Mosport. Where this roads bends left and heads north, there is a road that exits to the right. This leads right to the track and you can see it from the road. Check out www.mosport.com this may give you better directions or at least you can email Mosport through their website for exact directions.

Thanks and hope to see you at the track.

Ian Law Racing
ianlaw@ianlawracing.on.ca
(905)471-5501

Be sure and email me if you decide to go, and we can alll hook-up for a caravan! [Linked Image]

PS: No, I am not getting any kickbacks, bonuses, payoffs, commissions or payment for posting this information -- contrary to popular belief. I'm going because it looks like a blast, and will finally use the car and driver to their full potential, in a relatively safe and stable environemnt! [Linked Image]

------------------
Andrew Bienhaus
1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - The Mongoose is loose!

Andrew Bienhaus
Bring on the Cobras... she's hungry for snakemeat.
Re: "Instructional & Lapping Day" at Mosport's Driver Development Track on Sunday, Octobe #76220
October 09, 2000 02:16 pm UTC
October 09, 2000 02:16 pm UTC
Toronto, Ontario
M
Michael Hamilton Offline
Michael Hamilton  Offline
M
Toronto, Ontario
Is there a "viewers gallery"?

I know my new Talon won't be ready for this abuse in time but It would be a hoot to watch and help anyone in the pits that need it.

Re: "Instructional & Lapping Day" at Mosport's Driver Development Track on Sunday, Octobe #76221
October 12, 2000 06:37 pm UTC
October 12, 2000 06:37 pm UTC
Binbrook, Ontario
Andrew Bienhaus Offline OP
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Andrew Bienhaus  Offline OP
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Binbrook, Ontario
Sorry, no idea. Might be some info at www.mosport.com if you look. Should be a great day... hope I'm not driving there alone! [Linked Image]

------------------
Andrew Bienhaus
1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - The Mongoose is loose!

Andrew Bienhaus
Bring on the Cobras... she's hungry for snakemeat.
Re: "Instructional & Lapping Day" at Mosport's Driver Development Track on Sunday, Octobe #76222
October 16, 2000 04:57 pm UTC
October 16, 2000 04:57 pm UTC
Royal Oak, MI, USA
E
Edwin Ho Offline
Edwin Ho  Offline
E
Royal Oak, MI, USA
Michael,

I wouldn't think going to spectate would be a problem. I haven't been to the development track since it was completed, but you should be able to see the whole track quite easily (unlike the main track).

Ed.