March 13, 2000 07:59 am UTC
March 13, 2000 07:59 am UTC
Brampton, On
J
Jazz S. Bola Offline OP
Jazz S. Bola  Offline OP
J
Brampton, On
These are about 10 Hotels in London that I get perferred rates at. I don't know which one is closest to the drag strip but I'll post a few hotels anyways. If anyone does have the address, let me know so I can then choose the closest hotel.

COMFORT INN - 1156 Wellington Rd.
Regular Prices
Single - $110-$125 CDN
Perferred Rates
Single - $61 Double - $71
Includes: Children Free, Pets OK, Data Port in Room, Free Local Calls

Days Inn London - 1100 Wellington Rd S.
Regular Prices
Single - $119-$150 CDN
Perferred Rates
Single - $99 Double - $109
Includes: Children Free, Complimentary Parking

Delta London Armouries - 325 Dundas Street
Regular Prices
Single - $220 CDN
Perferred Rates
Single - $124 Double - $124
Includes: Children Free, Pets OK, Fitness Center, Business Center, Data Port in Room, Complimentary Airport Transportation, 24-Hr Room Service.

It seems that most of the hotels are located either on Wellington Rd or Dundas St. There are alot more hotels to choose from but this just gives you an idea of what is available. We can either go cheap or luxurious, depends on how thick your wallet is.

I would have to confirm these prices with head office but they are from the latest catalog I received. Also, I'm not sure if there is a weekend increase or not.

Lastly, for those that may be wishing to travel to the meet by plane rather than driving, I also receive airline travel discounts (Saved $450 on my FLIGHT to Peru).
Let me know where you are coming from I can get a price for ya. Also, let me know if you want a rental car.

Hope this helps to get something organized. Maybe people can now seriously start planning this trip.

Jazz..!

Re: Hotel Rates #87004
March 13, 2000 07:56 pm UTC
March 13, 2000 07:56 pm UTC
Edmonton, Alberta
D
Darin Chalifoux Offline
Darin Chalifoux  Offline
D
Edmonton, Alberta
Jazz, I'm considering flying from Edmonton, just because I'm against 40 hours of frantic driving... Frantic driving's good, but not 40 hours of it :-)

I'm also afraid of getting the Laser there, and blowing the xfer case or soemthing expensive. And, I need tires on the Laser before the trip.

All in all, I feel flying is a better alternative. To either TO or London is ok... I have a friend picking me up from either.

If you can save me few bucks, man, I'd appreciate it. Lets say, many beers (or whatever) would be tossed your way...

I looked a trip.com, and the price came to around 400 USD. Scary.

Thanx!

------------------
Darin Chalifoux
92 Laser AWD
"Fat guys can drive, too!"
Edmonton

http://www.cadvision.com/whitecd/CADSM/darin.html

1992 Talon AWD Auto
1993 Dodge Colt
1997 Ram 1500 4x4 360cid
Re: Hotel Rates #87005
March 14, 2000 02:28 am UTC
March 14, 2000 02:28 am UTC
London, ON
Dennis Wong Offline

Serious Member
Dennis Wong  Offline

Serious Member
London, ON
The hotels on Wellington Rd. S. would be the closest since you go straight down Wellington to get to the dragstrip. They're definitely not the nicest hotels in town but I think everyone will be too drunk to care. I'm sure they won't be much different from the hotels/motels that we stayed in in Norwalk.

DSMless...but you'll never get rid of me!
Re: Hotel Rates #87006
March 14, 2000 04:51 pm UTC
March 14, 2000 04:51 pm UTC
Gatineau (Ottawa), Quebec
F
Francois Poirier Offline
Francois Poirier  Offline
F
Gatineau (Ottawa), Quebec
If we choose one where pets are allowed my dog would really be happy! [Linked Image] (And I won't have to find someone to take care of him)... He really love people, cars and racing (well sitting in the car with me racing!)

------------------
Frank
Real thirsty 92 Laser RS TURBO AWD

Frank
92 Laser RS TURBO AWD (Rallye Car) RIP
91 Galant VR-4 54/2000 (Girlfriend's car)
92 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (New toy)