February 13, 2000 06:26 pm UTC
February 13, 2000 06:26 pm UTC
Winnipeg, Manitoba
A
Armand Bonner Offline OP
Armand Bonner  Offline OP
A
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I will be buying the EFI systems PMS this spring before my car goes on the road. I was wondering if it could be used with the stock MAS sensor? I was planning on purchasing the EFI systems MAS sensor, but I'm not sure if it will happen right away. Also, will I be able to blow-off externally, or will it cause problems with idle and cause my engine to run like sh!t?

Re: Got PMS? #8919
February 13, 2000 09:47 pm UTC
February 13, 2000 09:47 pm UTC
Lasalle, Quebec
F
Francois Villeneuve Offline
Francois Villeneuve  Offline
F
Lasalle, Quebec
I really don't know much about the PMS, but I know that the stock MAF on the 2G is good for much power.

The one on a 1G however won't take much boost before being overrun. Unless, of course, you gut it "Blaha/Jackson" fashion.

------------------
Francois Villeneuve
Le Talon
Working on it...

Talon Tsi 95, 11.32@131.8MPH
Re: Got PMS? #8920
February 14, 2000 01:16 am UTC
February 14, 2000 01:16 am UTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rumour has it that the stock 2G MAS is good for over 400hp worth of air so if you've got a 2G don't bother with the optional MAS upgrade. On the 1G's it is highly recommended (by EFI Systems etc.) that you get the optional MAS upgrade, or, like Francois says, get your MAS modded. I have to admit, however, I haven't heard much about the performance of the PMS on a MAS modded 1G but I see no reason why it shouldn't work unless base adjustments in the PMS are indexed to the stock air flow properties of the base 1G MAS. You'd have to check with Extreme or EFI Systems on that one unless someone else knows?

------------------
Cya O!
GiO
If its not popping flames, crank it up!