Mississauga, Ontario
J
Jeff Mitchell Offline OP

Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Jeff Mitchell  Offline OP

J
Mississauga, Ontario
Has anyone here attempted to make a custom full intake piece (specifically for the 2Gs?)

I'm interested in doing something like <A HREF="http://www.globalserve.net/~mitchellj/lorim1a.jpg">this</A>. (Not sure who's car this is, I just had the pic on my computer)

Looks to me like it's <A HREF="http://www.jumptronix.com/2g_go_faster/images/GoFaster/Articles/CheapUpperIC/Brode_Whole_Pipe.jpg">the same 2.25" 45 degree JC Whitney exhaust section that Dave Brode uses in his UIC pipes</A>, but I'm not sure what that upper part that attaches to the MAS is.

So, does anyone have any ideas?

I'm open to anything at this point... but I'd like to do this without hacking up the stock intake (and cheap! [Linked Image])

Jeff Mitchell

Re: Let's make an intake! #8947
February 15, 2000 03:34 am UTC
February 15, 2000 03:34 am UTC
Mississauga, Ontario
J
Jeff Mitchell Offline OP

J
Mississauga, Ontario
Oh, I also meant to ask if anyone has the part number for the JC Whitney 2.25" exhaust section?

He told me the following in an e-mail, but didn't give me a part #.

I use a 45 degree J.C. Whitney bend. Check any Whitney cataloge. It is the only 2.25" 45 they have with one end swaged.

Anyone with a J.C. Whitney catalog out there that can help me out? [Linked Image]

Thanks,

Jeff Mitchell

Re: Let's make an intake! #8948
February 15, 2000 03:48 am UTC
February 15, 2000 03:48 am UTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just bought that upper intercooler pipe from Brode and it was easy to install and increased seat of the pants response by 10 or 15hp. If you put a nice coat of paint on it sure looks nice under the hood! It was 76US shipped to your door.(no taxes,duty)

------------------
95 Talon TSI AWD
Sean Markham

Re: Let's make an intake! #8949
February 16, 2000 12:06 am UTC
February 16, 2000 12:06 am UTC
Mississauga, Ontario
J
Jeff Mitchell Offline OP

J
Mississauga, Ontario
Yeah, I have the Brode UIC pipe too. I had Marco weld on an HKS flange for me, so I could use an HKS SBOV that I had laying around (not a fan of the 1G BOV). I will probably install an SSBOV someday (shiny parts make you go fast [Linked Image]). I definitely felt the difference. The turbo seems to spool up much sooner now (like in the 2k rpm range), and it feels sick in first and second (still dies at the top of 3rd 4th and 5th).

Anyways, Dave Brode posted a few links to places that sell aluminum bend similar to the JC Whitney one in the last digest so I'm going to check them out and see if I can't find something similar to play around with.

If only the MAS wasn't such an odd shape... [Linked Image]

Jeff Mitchell