September 30, 2000 05:14 pm UTC
September 30, 2000 05:14 pm UTC

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

OK had the compression checked, 0 on all 4 WTF is that all about the only thing i can think is timing we checked the cams and its good to go they look like they are brand new, now what i would like to know is if i should pull the head or just check the lowering timing marks because the upper mark line up just fine, what really weird about this is its not making that whirrring noise that cars make when there is no compression (yes i checked the compression gauge on my friends car 3 times) i am at a total loss and the dealer wants 180 to do a diaganostic check on it plus 120 towing there and back so 300 bux and nothing is fixed seems alittle crazy to me. If anyone has idea just shoot em this way cuz we are all out of em
thank you

------------------
Shaun "Skywalker" Bratzel
90 TSi AWD
"May the boost be with you"

Re: WTF.......... anyone know of a cliff? #90503
September 30, 2000 05:31 pm UTC
September 30, 2000 05:31 pm UTC
Toronto,Ontario,Canada
A
Alex Schulz Offline
Serious Member
Alex Schulz  Offline
Serious Member
A
Toronto,Ontario,Canada
get another compression check done with a different tool this time.... (hope thats the problem) [Linked Image]

92 Talon Tsi AWD
Cracking pistons and blowing rods!
Ze one wiz ze big wing
Re: WTF.......... anyone know of a cliff? #90504
September 30, 2000 10:54 pm UTC
September 30, 2000 10:54 pm UTC
Halifax, NS
Troy Jollimore Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Troy Jollimore  Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Halifax, NS
Many different threads. Same problem.

You're right. Get the side motor mount, pulleys, and belt cover out of there, so you can check those lower marks out. I'd normally recommend a wet test, but *0* means that there is something else seriously wrong that I don't think a wet test will change.

Now that you've checked the marks, you might as well take the extra time since you're that far, and tear the head off to visually check things on the inside. It's not really as far a cry as you think once you're at this stage.