January 14, 2001 05:22 am UTC
January 14, 2001 05:22 am UTC
Mississauga
D
Dominic Rouse Offline OP
Dominic Rouse  Offline OP
D
Mississauga
I'm in the wrong section perhaps you might say but some would agree with me that 'my car hasn't got any projects right now' are rarely spoken words in DSM land are they? come on really?

I'm lovin this car more everyday!

Objects in the rear mirror are getting their ass kicked...

Booya!! L8tah

------------------
90 Talon TSI - "Baby"

"See you at the stoplight...!!"
[Linked Image]

ModRacer - The Performance Collective - an Online Directory of Performance Shops & Services in Ontario, Canada. Local Event Listings, Featured Rides, Photo Gallery, Forum, Motorsports News, Test-Drives, Car Club Links, Discounts and much more... Search ModRacer
Re: My DSM Anthem #91675
January 14, 2001 12:37 pm UTC
January 14, 2001 12:37 pm UTC
Brampton, On
Mark PPG Scheitzbach Offline

Purple Boy
Mark PPG Scheitzbach  Offline

Purple Boy
Insane Member
Brampton, On
[Linked Image]

Own a BlackBerry?
Check out www.allaboutmybb.com
Twitter @allaboutmybb

Twitter @MarkPPG
Re: My DSM Anthem #91676
January 15, 2001 02:49 pm UTC
January 15, 2001 02:49 pm UTC
Mississauga
D
Dominic Rouse Offline OP
D
Mississauga
Nice one Mark! Those must piss some people off, eh?

Anyway, in the true tradition of Murphy and his damn law, I've got a new problem.....d'oh!

Around 1800-2000rpm I've started to get a rubbing kinda Jack of Hearts playing card in your bicycle spokes type of noise. The harmonics are identicle to the car and it's relative speed vibrations at the time. ie. as the car increases speed so too does the frequency of the buzzing/rubbing sound! Now it sounds as though it's coming from the back corner somewhere. Although, I'm confused when this sound temporarily stops occurring when turning the wheel. I mean I can be buzzing away and while staying in one lane turn the wheel and sway from edge to edge of the lane back and forth and everytime I turn the wheel for that split second the buzzing noise stops?! Also when on off ramps ie. turning around a huge corner, there is no noise, as soon as I straighten up again......buzzzzzzz
I checked all the wheel wells for any signs of splash gaurds rubbing or any other intrusion but nothing found?

Ideas please! before something goes $kaplooe$

Thanks........

------------------
90 Talon TSI - "Baby"

"See you at the stoplight...!!"
[Linked Image]

ModRacer - The Performance Collective - an Online Directory of Performance Shops & Services in Ontario, Canada. Local Event Listings, Featured Rides, Photo Gallery, Forum, Motorsports News, Test-Drives, Car Club Links, Discounts and much more... Search ModRacer
Re: My DSM Anthem #91677
January 15, 2001 04:18 pm UTC
January 15, 2001 04:18 pm UTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Check your CV joints also wheel bearings.

------------------
Marta
90 Eclipse GSX (dreaming of summer)
92 Talon TSi AWD (doing winter duty)
http://i.am/dsmgrrrl

Re: My DSM Anthem #91678
January 15, 2001 04:42 pm UTC
January 15, 2001 04:42 pm UTC
Mississauga
D
Dominic Rouse Offline OP
D
Mississauga
Ok, CV Joints might be an issue but I just recently replaced my entire rear brake system....ie. NEW wheel bearings on both rear left and right. So, why would the noise be coming from the rear? Could it be that I didn't install them properly and something has warped or is loose?

Thanks