May 10, 2000 12:05 pm UTC
May 10, 2000 12:05 pm UTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK, being new to the talon club scene, I once again seek advise...Where would I go to get god price on talon upgrade parts (air filter, wires, oil filters, etc) and where would be the best price on mechanical parts? (joints, gears, brakes, lines, pumps, etc)..you guys have great connections...let me know...thanks

Re: Buying parts..... #9857
May 10, 2000 07:14 pm UTC
May 10, 2000 07:14 pm UTC
Calgary, AB, Canada
S
Sean Costall Offline
Serious Member
Sean Costall  Offline
Serious Member
S
Calgary, AB, Canada
You should specify a preferred location if you are looking for local sources.

------------------
S.
1000 AAQ: 1000q.dsm.org
ECU Primer: members.home.net/costall/ECUprimer/index.html

S.
I know everything.
1000q.dsm.org
Re: Buying parts..... #9858
May 10, 2000 07:49 pm UTC
May 10, 2000 07:49 pm UTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

southwestern ontario, though greater toronto is closer....if the part is expensive however, it would be worth shipping...Mike

Re: Buying parts..... #9859
May 10, 2000 07:59 pm UTC
May 10, 2000 07:59 pm UTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on personal dealings:

(1) If you're after performance parts try Marco at Magnus Motorsports in Toronto. They can get most of what you would be after at competitive prices and can also do all the install work. The address is in the Speed Shop section of the ca.dsm.org web site. Based on personal experiences they are great guys to deal with.

(2) If you're after genuine Mitsu/Chryco dealer parts, just order things direct from Tallahassee Mitsubishi in Florida. It may sound like a long way to order parts but I kid you not that you will be ahead in the end. They are quick and the price can't be beat (especially since we get a Club DSM discount of 20%).

A local alternative to Tallahasses would be to contact Adam Clay. He's got a post in the Commerical Advertisement section of this UBB about being able to get genuine parts cheaper.

Hope this helps.

------------------
Cya O!
GiO
If its not popping flames, crank it up!

Re: Buying parts..... #9860
May 11, 2000 06:38 am UTC
May 11, 2000 06:38 am UTC
Toronto, Ontario, Cda
T
Tim_Anderson Offline
Tim_Anderson  Offline
T
Toronto, Ontario, Cda
Mike, as for the straight mechanical stuff: Not too surprisingly, most of this stuff can be had at Canadian Tire. Some parts on the DSMs are identical to other, much cheaper, manufacturers' parts. An example I remember is the thermostat: the thermo for the Hyundai (Elantra? Sonata?) is the same part, about $180 cheaper.
Maybe you guys remember some more cheaper comparisons to help Mike out...?

1990 TSi AWD