Yep.. I shoulda put a few smilies in there. (For you wimps that have forgotten what this thread is! wink )

Basically, my point here is: I get to the strip, fill out the tech card; go to tech, strap on my helmet, and get in line.

If pulling out your headlight, getting race gas, and turning up the boost, etc. don't do much, then why bother doing it at all? I'll tell you why. Because that FWD thing you're driving passed it's 1/4 mile potential in "street trim" a long time ago. Get used to it. Otherwise, you'll spend the rest of your days making it less streetable (ie:slicks) in persuit of that better E.T. (If you didn't care about your E.T. you wouldn't be considering slicks).

If you're spinning through 1st and 2nd then your trap speed is NOT a good representation of your street performance. Wheelspin gives you falsley high trap speeds.

Get over it and come to the darkside 2 wheel peel boy. I did. And I've never looked back.

I may not drive around in 1/4 mile spurts (perhaps the occasional one) but it IS a lot more fun when a "race" starts below 60km/h now and I don't just start spinning. It's also nice to be able to push the pedal down mid corner and have some excitement. Instead of plowing of the road in an obscene display of understeer. smile

Highway race (sans Andrew!)? Sure. I'll give that a shot. I still enjoy a good highspeed pull once in a while, but it's nice to have the OPTION of doing something else.

How about this. WE'll do a couple highway runs, then a couple 1st and 2nd gear runs (up to 100k). We'll average the car length differences at the end of each and see what happens. tongue

Or, if you wanna wimp out we can just do the highway runs.

Now, I'll have all kinds of time to talk about DSMs, because I won't be busy fixing mine!