"If pulling out your headlight, getting race gas, and turning up the boost, etc. don't do much, then why bother doing it at all? I'll tell you why. Because that FWD thing you're driving passed it's 1/4 mile potential in "street trim" a long time ago. Get used to it. Otherwise, you'll spend the rest of your days making it less streetable (ie:slicks) in persuit of that better E.T. (If you didn't care about your E.T. you wouldn't be considering slicks)."

Who said anything about raising the boost? I run 20~21 on the track and street tongue . The light and spare really can't do much for me... but I'll give you the wheels smile

Well I guess I have to whimp out because I can't hiway race for a couple years. If I get another ticket I lose my insurance frown (now $240/month up from $74). I have to be (and have been since) a good boy on the roads (unlike Vince apparently). If my insurance wasn't so high I'd consider picking up an AWD as a second car and play the game from both sides.

As for corner excitement the Quaife makes a night and day difference there. Maybe not quite AWD like but a huge step in that direction.

I did race Dean Boyle one run on Sunday and got a taste of the AWD envy as he absolutely raped me out of the hole. It felt pretty bad to see him jump that far ahead before I was even moving. Then only thing that more then made up for it was easily realing him in and passing him smile (sorry Dean). It's too bad you can't have an AWD car with the drivetrain loss of a FWD (without spending a fortune).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One more time just so it's clear smile the 114mph was:
-street boost
-street S-AFC settings
-street base timing
-street weight (since I don't drive with the spare anyway)(yes all seats were installed and yes I do have a stereo and speakers installed now)
-street exhaust

The only changes were:
-headlight removed (whoopdy-doo)
-drag radials

The 116mph run was 94/112 octane mix and twenty some odd percent leaner on the S-AFC settings (same boost since that's all this turbo will physically flow).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1998 AWD 12.1@122 421whp -SOLD
Duck Dodgers = EPIC FAILZ!