Damn, I was hoping that post would never resurface, but I guess I can lump myself in with Kinnard and Mike J "eating crow", I blame Dennis C for offering to buy my 2.0l Ross piston's while I was out west, then a brank new crankshaft became avalible, and some Eagle rod's. The rest is history shal we say. What I can say is:
1-The car isn't getting driven as much with the move to K/W, and if the 2.3 last's more than 10-12,000km then it is doing better than the 2.0L that was in there.
2-I will not retract my other previous statement though, the 16G IS TOO DAMN SMALL. Unfortunately Turbo plan's were put on hold when it was discovered that not only was the block toast but according to Marco the previous head rebuild appeared to have been done by a "monkey".
The 2.3 is a hoot, will not make a good drag car, spools a 16G like a T-25, in fact it behave's like one, as well.
But the fact of the matter is I have driven a DSM described as "So stock it hurt's" faster than either you Noah or Steve U have gone, I may not be fast as some of the other's But I am faster than the two of you.
And Noah, my injector's are bigger than your's.

2G TSI AWD Magnus 2.3L G4CS Hybrid