Just yesterday I was heading to work and all the sudden my car starts to give out a loud clanking sound, I was seconds away from work so made it there. After work I walked to a mechanic near by he checked the car and my car barely moved. I can get in first it moves a bit clanks and stalls. Its like flooring the brakes without flooring the clutch, so I called a tow truck and got it to my mechanics garage. My mechanic opens up what I beleive is called the bell housing over by the front passenger side everything was shredded all the gears are gone. what happend was something came loss a metal ring it went right through the housing and all the tranny fluid had leaked out it was all over my tires. My mechanic says everthing overheated and shreded together. He says the tanny could have been saved if I did't keep on driving it. Im looking around for a used or a rebuilt tranny for a 95 awd tsi with a 96 tranny inside. I was told that I need the right spline 21 22 23 are the different types. How do I find find out what I have. There was a number on the tranny from which I was able to find out its a 96 tranny. If anyone has this extremely hard to find tranny Im in desperate need of one as long as we can come to a reasonable offer or if anyone knows where I can get one please let me know.

1995 AWD talon