I have a 93 FWD 2.0 Non-turbo Laser RS with auto tranny.
Problem wit my tranny is this, works fine in reverse, put it in drive and there is a slight delay before the gears engage. Put your foot down and the car drives like a real turd... no power what-so-ever! The engine is fine and I even checked my cat for blockage so I pretty sure it is a problem with the tranny. Has anyone had or solved this problem?

The car has an F4A22 and I got a KM175 to replace with. On one of the site pages it shows that these trannys are used on this model. I see some differences. Everything else appears to be similar except the following:
1. The sensor in the end clutch (F4A22) is in a different location on the KM175.
2. The gear selector switch is different.
3. On the front of the trannys (facing the radiator), on the FA there is a 2 wire connector, on the KM there is a 3 wire grommett with a triangular shaped connector.
4. I removed the end clutch cover to see if I can swap them. Upon inspection of the clutch assembly and cover, I noticed the shaft and bearings are larger on the KM.

My Question is: It does'nt seem that I can use the KM as a replacement for the FA. How can I make the KM work? Or can I?

Thanx.

None