If I'm not mistaken, I do believe stock fuel pressure is alittle lower than that Mark. I believe(correct me if I'm wrong) it to be @ 31psi. I don't have my shop manual handy; anyone else know exactly?

As far as your fuel filter goes, change it anyways. It's cheap and you can't lose by changing it early. Michel is correct. It doesn't take much to kill a fuel filter. At this point you're pulling straws out of a hat. You never know...

When was the last time your fuel injectors were professionally cleaned? If they're clogged, they won't supply fuel well and might cause a lean condition if dirty enough. Just another idea.

As far as trusting an EGT 100%, we can argue this one. But I'll leave it alone as it's not the main issue here.

Also, ethanol blended fuels may give the illusion that you're running lean when trying to read the plugs. Rule out everything else first before taking this into consideration though. Try using another gas product that doesn't have ethanol in it to see if it makes a difference. I don't want to say that yes it's the gas you're using when it could be something else.

[This message has been edited by Kon Pappas (edited March 27, 2000).]

1993 Eagle Talon Tsi
11.74 @ 119.50 MPH