Same here Peter. Somewere around 3500 to 3700 rpm but I consider it to be very negligeable.

Most ppls don't like to feel vib up their ass (Same here...) that is why (I think anyway) that Mitsu put them in our Beautifull Powerplant. Question of comfort. We, well most of us don't care about it (Eng vib that would be). We prefer taking them off in order to get a few extra ponies.

As for Engine life; In my case my car has 215 000km. How much life I'm expecting out of that Motor??? Put it this way an other 25 to 50 000mk would be good. I think I'll be able to reach it with them off, if not and it blows up tomorrow, big deal. It will give me the excuse to get a new one...

Now lets say you rebuild a Motor to a New condition (Your a power user). How many kms would you like that Engine to Last??? 50 000km would be good right??? Do you think it would last that long??? I'd say yes and probably more, maybe twice that much. I don't think than having removed the B Shafts would half the life of an Engine, remember my Engine has over 200 000km (It's a NT). How many K's has your Engine Scott??? My bet is that even a Turbo Engine won't be affected that much more compare to a NT.

I could go on and on about it. I'm convinced that removing the BS is a good thing if you are looking at the Power numbers. Relieability "might" be affected but not by half of the normal life of an Engine. It hat statement of mine is right that means that you Engine should last at least 100 000km...

Oh, Mitsu 2.6L Engine were the shits (Oil pump Chain tentionning related). I helped a Buddy of mine while he was replacing his into his stupid Van. He bought a Rebuild Unit. Both BS were removed by the Engine Rebuilder. You can buy a BS removal Kit from Crappy, Carquest and Napa for these Motor. We just have to make 0ur own or get one from a shop. Just sad we can't get it at the local part store. Not, you can make your oun. Anyway, if Engine Rebuilder remove BS out of the 2.6L they must know that it won't affect Engine life that much???

Ghislain. wink

Rouge!!!