I figured that that would be little help. laugh

I would adjust the freeplay first. The pushrod that is attached to the clutch pedal (exits through the firewall), has a nut on it close to the pedal.... losen it. Then you can adjust the freeplay by turning the pushrod either in or out, thus increasing or decreasing the amount of pedal freeplay. You can measure this freeplay by putting a ruler, or tape measure along side the clutch pedal, then push on the pedal with your hand, and the distance from top of the pedal to the point where you first meet resistence is the freeplay. This should be around half an inch.

I am not sure if you have done the FCU and restritor mods yet, but I would recomend doing them, they give a better pedal feel. And you have to bleed the system after you do them anyways.

As for the tranny fluid, I would recomend Red Line MT-90. You need a touch more than two quarts, but you might as well do the Xfercase at the same time, it takes less than a quart... if you buy three, then you will use almost all of it.

I did all this to mine, black '97 (same as yours) and the drivability was significantly increased. If you have any further questions.... email me, I might miss a reply post.

Hope this is more helpful.
A.

cool

===========
'97 TSi AWD

".... what the hell was that???"