Originally posted by Dave Hermenegildo:
Your wastegate is mounted on the o2 houseing but its sitting above the turbine right?
My wastegate diverts exhaust gases around the turbine wheel. smile This is, of course, the only thing that makes sense and it's the way all wastegates work.

In my case it routes the exhaust from a pre-turbine-wheel hole in the turbo's exhaust housing out to the atmosphere. If you look at the parts mounted on the car, it would look like this O2 housing / wastegate was all mounted "after the turbo" (though logically parts of it aren't).

My only point was that they may have had this setup in mind when they made the original statement about mounting it on the downpipe, "after the turbo". HRC used to sell a combined external wastegate mount / downpipe like this a few years back.

If they are indeed mounting it well after the turbine wheel, then obviously that's not going to work too well. shuffle

Originally posted by Dave Hermenegildo:
How will the wastegate on the manifold make the turbo never spooling?
It won't. The turbo will spool fine with a mani mounted wastegate, and the boost control will work fine too. In the real world it makes no difference if it's on the manifold or on the O2 housing. If Vlad already has a manifold with a wastegate mount, then it would be a strange decision to do it any other way, and certainly something I'd expect them to ask him about before proceeding.