First off I just want to say 'hi' to everyone, this is my first post on Club DSM, I've read a lot of useful information on here!

I recently acquired my first DSM in June, a '93 Laser RS Turbo AWD with a 6 bolt swap. The previous owner sold the car because he was frustrated that he couldn't get it to idle properly. He dumped over $3,000 in parts and labour trying to get it right. Anyway turns out that all it is is that the cam timing is off. I noticed that my boost gauge wasn't showing a lot of vac at idle, so I lined everything up, and sure enough the marks don't line up. The car runs perfect other than idle, which is quite lopey, and if I punch it, it has no top end whatsover, it goes flat around 4,000rpm. Compression is 150psi across all 4.

Anyway, I'm somewhat mechanically inclined....I've done a lot of things with my CRX including a multi-point injection swap, however I've never tackled a timing belt on a DOHC car, and it looks quite tricky on DSM's. I also don't have the tensioner tool and don't really want to use my battery tie down.

SO, if anyone is in the Hamilton, Ontario area and wants to help a fellow DSM fan out, I really need my car re-timed so it'll motivate me to finish it. I'll throw you a case of beer and $100 if anyone is willing to help out.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Erryn Godwin; July 26, 2008 03:04 pm UTC.