Yup, I drive it every day. Drove to PEI for the August long weekend this year. Even managed just under 9L/100km with a passenger and race tires+gear in the back.

Why would it break? smirk

If anything did break, I'd fix it. If I was in Indiana and it was something serious like a blown motor, I'd go to the local U-haul, rent a van and car hauler, and tow the sucker home! I make sure I do preventative maintenance, since I abuse the car, and having a failure put me into a wall is not something I plan on happening. If I hit a wall, it'll be driver error not car failure! shocked

I've had a couple of minor things happen.

In 2005 I had an ECU start failing (misfire) while I was at the track in St. Eustache, QC. Made it home.

In 2006 I had a front wheel bearing spin when I was in Indiana. Brake feel was terrible but made it home.

When I was at Calabogie (out by Ottawa) in Sept. I had my main coolant pipe pop out of the water pump and dump my coolant out while on track. The mounting bolt was awal for some reason and it's hard to put a bolt in with the manifold in place. I fixed that with some borrowed safety wire, competed the next day and made it home:

[Linked Image]

It's all part of the adventure!! tu

Last edited by Tashko Sarakinov; November 19, 2008 03:59 am UTC.