I see this topic has been brought up several times on here, and on a handful of other sites as well. But this forum seems to have the most info about it, so I wanted to run all this past you all who seem to be the experts. I've read up on this for the past few days, and am getting ready to start sourcing all the parts to make my kit. I wanted to put up exactly what I'm going to be getting, and just make sure that you all agree that I'm on the right path here.

First thing I actually want to ask though, is can anyone specify exactly what year Cobras I need to limit myself too? I've found a whole bunch of different answers to this. 94-04, 94-98, and so on... Can anyone confidently answer this accurately? Part of me has a hard time believing 94-04 is correct, because when I search on Napa's site, they call out different numbers for the calipers starting in 1999. So how can any of them from 94-04 work, when part numbers changed which indicate to me that something has changed in the design.

Example:
97 Cobra - Left Front Caliper - Part Number SDC2424144
http://napaonline.com/MasterPages/NOLMaster.aspx?PageId=470&LineCode=SDC&PartNumber=2424144&Description=Brake+Caliper+w%2f+Hardware+-+Left+Front+(Semi-Loaded)+-+Remfd

99 Cobra - Left Front Caliper - Part Number SDC2424216
http://napaonline.com/MasterPages/NOLMaster.aspx?PageId=470&LineCode=SDC&PartNumber=2424216&Description=Brake+Caliper+w%2f+Hardware+-+Left+Front+(Semi-Loaded)+-+Remfd

So which of these am I supposed to be getting?

As for the mounting brackets, I plan to get the bracket kit from Ziggy.

Rotors and Calipers I will simply try and find the cheapest source of them that I can. I don't care if they say Cobra or not on them. I'm a hard core bargain shopper so I'll probably be spending a week or so trying to find the best deals I can.

Then I need the lines. My car is a 1G so I'm not completely clear on what lines I need. But from what I gather, I can just buy 2G lines. Again from what I've read, it sounds like they will be able to replace my old stock 1G line without any adapters on the 'master cylinder' side of the line, and they have the banjo fitting on the caliper end on the 'caliper' end of the line. Then just use the standard Banjo Bolt for the Cobra Calipers. Does that sound correct?

This is what I've gathered so far from the few days of research I've done so far. I'm trying to do the research before hand so I don't just come in saying "tell me how to do it k thanks". So I've done a good bit research, but there is a lot of BS out there along with the good info. So I'm just looking for a little assurance that I'm on the right path here because it's sometimes hard to decipher the good info from the BS.

Thanks for anyone's help in advance, I really appreciate it. I just really need to get going on this because my stock 1G single piston stuff isn't too happy with slowing down after trapping 130+

And for fun, here is why I'm needing to upgrade. These stockers are just not working out too well anymore. Look at all those little hotspots...
http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8796&d=1244081080.jpg

Last edited by Brandon Halonen; June 10, 2009 12:07 am UTC.

Brandon
1991 TSi AWD
541awhp, 10.93@137mph