Well since it reads:

"Meets Performance Requirments of API GL-4 and GL-5"

"Great for Manual Transmissions Requiring GL-4 or GL-5 Fluids"

Wouldn't it be ok? I mean, if they [royal purple] know the sulfur destroys the brass synchros in the GL-4 tranny, wouldnt they want to fix that? Im sure they figured out a way to fix it since it states it meets both GL4/GL5 requirments? I mean products are always updated and improved. What you think...

I went on the website and found pretty much the same information. Im going to call Royal Purple later today and try to get some more information. Its hard to find good solid information on this stuff...

I've read no no, because of people saying stay away from GL5 (even though this says it meets both) and others saying Yes Yes, after using it, "day and night difference" is what i read the most...

Im just angry because i spent almost $80 on 3 quarts of this stuff...

One other word:

When small/large business websites state which oil to use: can vastly depend on the fact they might be getting a deal by promoting their products. Ever hear of the Dr. scandals going away on free vacations for writing prescriptions for their products? It happens... Not to say that any of the above mentioned have done that, but i'm always sceptical. This is why i would actually like to find some scientific testing of the oils. The Truth Is Out There.....Somewhere

Last edited by Joshua Mociak; October 21, 2009 02:19 pm UTC.

96 Talon TSi AWD - R.I.P