Originally Posted by Deep Mann
Again you are comparing your old mr2 bro, Mikes car passed without a EGR, every car is VERY diffrent, Yes EGR is made to control NOX, but what I was saying you cant say its the main problem with a emission test , I dont want people reading your comment and directly going to spend money fixing there EGR and then there car fails...and with Micheals car I was saying when a CAR FAILS EVERY reading many times for me it is the CAT.. but not the case with his car becuase he already changed it...

and Brandon only a difference of 600 eh, A lot of cars that need a Cat fail at the same reading, and once that cat is on it is usually under 400 NOX, but that was not the case with your mr2, If I recall did it come with a EGR ? I dont think so but im not sure, If you had put the EGR first and tested it with no cat, I Garuntee you would've got the same Readings

How would I get the same ratings if I installed a system that is put in place to reduce NOx limits. The USDM MR2 with an EGR valve passes those limits no problem. Only difference, engine wise, between jdm and usdm, is the EGR valve.

And yes only 600, because a 3 way cat is not something that can drop the NOx limits like an EGR system does, that is what it's there for.

I went over this with Durham Auto Works, Can-Saf, Tomlin, Yoshio, and my family mechanic.

And the cars might be different, but all EGR systems work the same.

Last edited by Brandon Clement; November 20, 2009 12:47 am UTC.

No more Jetta!
Tattoo Artist at Lost Anchor