...oh, and I don't appreciate the implication that the mechanic I recommended doesn't know DSM's when mine is over 400k and he's the mechanic that does any work to it if needed. I've never had to tow my car to a shop, never had it leave me stranded on the road in 12yrs of ownership, except for those pesky alt. failures when I didn't have the heatshield.

whistle

Considering that the shift cables(!), slave and master cylinders where changed, where else would you look but drop the tranny to see what's happening with the fork and clutch.

I just spoke with Yoshio and both the ball and fork are slightly worn but the clutch is still releasing. Part of the clutch has some scoring. I'm not going to speak for him, but since he warranties his work for 1yr I'm sure he doesn't want to tell you that changing the ball and fork will fix the problem when the clutch is releasing! He'd have to cover the cost of dropping the tranny again. Could be the combination of worn ball, fork, and whatever happened to the clutch.

<sigh>

...from now on I'll keep to myself and let people sort their own sh!t out.

Last edited by Tashko Sarakinov; December 17, 2009 11:24 pm UTC.