Yes, the transmission is already out.

First off, the pivot ball and fork wear was described to me as minimal, not enough to cause the problem solely. Returning the clutch to bully was never perscribed as an option, replacing the entire clutch w/ flywheel machine was.

The recommendation was:

- Replace the entire clutch assembly.
- Machine flywheel.
- Replace the transmission.

Described to as a '50/50 chance it could be either'

If someone offers a warranty on their work, that's exceptional. However, because you offer a warranty does not mean that if you cannot for certain diagnose the problem, that you should replace all components concerning it as a blanket solution so you can offer me a 1 year warranty on the parts you instal that may not have been required in the first place... that is my only issue, and personally I think that's fair and reasonable.

If the problem could concretely be diagnosed again, the scenario would be different. I don't gamble thousands on 50/50, but hey that's just me.

So conclusively, this seems like the best bet

- Replace pivot and fork.
- Probably replace clutch including throw out bearing
- machine flywheel

Seems like the best bet.

Also, yes, it's a 2.0NA FWD front clip swap to 2.0 AWD Turbo.

Master Cylinder I believe was replaced with the turbo model, but i'll confirm tomorrow morning... would seem retarded if it were not, but i'll check.

Overall however, I appreciate his honesty in respect to telling me he was unable to, with certainty, figure out what the issue was. I think there's just been some bad communication and misunderstanding... I just want to understand exactly what the problem is regardless.

Last edited by Luke Wynter; December 18, 2009 04:21 am UTC.