UPDATE:

Canadian tire originally told me they replaced with dealer part... Turns out they didn't.

They put a wagner/aftermarket/mastermotor whatever cylinder PART #F131451 (which you can pull off of rockauto) and (KAR)57594 into the car. This particular part I can find *nothing* on... Kars (the supplier who they got the part from) I just got off the phone with and they say it's the same Cylinder, obviously, it isn't....

Not only was the WRONG cylinder supplied to me, but it wasn't an OEM part.

Called the dealer, they confirmed part # differences, called Canadian tire.... and now they want me to bring the car back, they'll replace with OEM dealer part for the turbo engine and do the labor free of charge. Which as far as I am concerned is an admission of guilt, thoughts?

Problem is however, my car is far away @ cluch/trans is dropped out.

I basically am wondering if using this part was the reason my clutch will not engage/disengage.... and the reason why Yoshio was unable to find anything particularly wrong with the assembly. I suppose the cylinder must appear to be almost physically identical in order to not see it was different?

So the question is now...

1) Do I have yoshio put everything back together, replace the bearing and fork, machine flywheel... have it towed back to canadian tire and have them do the master cylinder with the right part and hope for the best?

2) Send the car there sans the trans/clutch installed and have them replace the master cylinder, ship it back to yoshio and go from there?

The cylinder could not be confirmed to be working properly however without the clutch in use, no?

Thanks again, what a nightmare.

Last edited by Luke Wynter; December 18, 2009 02:51 pm UTC.