Hello everyone,

I have a 92 laser rs that I'm having a few issues with. The car blew a head gasket and was not driven after the gasket blew. I changed the head gasket just as normal however the car will not start. timing marks are dead on.

The motor is a jdm motor with a cyclone intake. The only thing done differently to the car was an emissions delete. Purge selenoid not used, vaccuumm from the fuel pressure selenoid to fuel rain and another line from the selenoid to the intake manifold. I ran one line from the intake manifold to a boost gauge and one more from the manifold with a tee going to the wastegate and the other to the recirc.

When doing the install the knock sensor wire did rip out of the sensor, but I pulled the dumbdumb off the back o the sensor, soldered it back on and covered it with new dumbdumb.

The fuel pump was not turning on so I ran a power wire to the pump to test. Checked for spark and there is spark on all 4.

Ive tried flipping the cam angle sensor multipletimes to see if it was out 180 and didnt get anything.

Will these cars start with a bad knock sensor?

Any insight is greatly appretiated. Thanks again,

Evan

Last edited by Evan Vezsenyi; February 10, 2010 07:21 pm UTC.