Originally Posted by Reza Mirza
Its interesting seeing what other people charge for engine builds and machine work smile Some machine shops are RIP offs.

I've been using the same guy in Markham for many years now, and never once had a problem with any builds, stock or built. Its nice seeing a lot of DSMers going to Rainbow now over the last few years after seeing my success with them smile . Actually my success comes from my tuning skills, not the machine shop. In fact rebuilding a 4g63 motor should be like riding a bicycle for any reputable engine shop. Easy engine to work with.

Machine work and engine building is not rocket science. I give my specs to Paul @ Rainbow, my engines come out perfect, I don't need to triple check everything, break em in and bang off 10's all day. A proper machine shop that builds engines all day long should have reasonable prices. I would never pay $400 for a complete head rebuild smile

Some people have just never had an engine built before, and get too complicated about it. Preparation before starting the motor and during assembly is KEY too.

What that guy said! I too have been using the same machinist, excellent work, will never go to another!

TPG+Meth
You can't tune out mechanical problems!!!