Originally Posted by Reza Mirza
Daren, there is a weight difference across different brands and the same brand with different sizes even if it is minor. Some may be the exact same and some won't, depends on the tire brand. Then again I'm never going to a 235 tire, I only compare a 215 and 225 tire. Yes 1 lb matters to me smile . Softness and thickness of the sidewall matters to me too. Don't think I'll ever run a 235 on a 1g AWD smile

I've been driving around on 215/45/17 for a long time in 1g DSM's, I don't just go with what works and looks good on paper wink
11.00@136 (FP3065) and 11.6@120 (16g) on almost bald 215/45/17's street tires, with not much failure compared to how many passes I have done at the track. If someone else has a comparable car with bigger tires, chime in.

I couldn't imagine running 18" 50 lbs weights at the end of each one of my axles just because they look good. Making all that power just to have it robbed by 50lbs slugs is a good way to slow your car down. That's just asking for something to break when your making power, probably similar to Shandon's situation. He mentioned to me the weight of his 245/45 rim/tire combo is 47 lbs. Too heavy.

Hey might even be why your running 12's on a FP3052 when you should be in the high 11's at low boost tongue

Or it could be that clipping of an 11 second run isn't a priority for me, if it was I would have changed out my slipping/dragging clutch & been back to the track a long time ago bird

I ran a 12.3 the second pass I made with the car being awd, on 24psi (becuase of the 91 I was forced to run). I have only made about 6 more runs since that, some with up to 28psi (with proper 94 this time). But with a slipping & dragging clutch still managed the same 12.3, also doesn't help when you miss 4th a couple times crazy

We'll see 11's on the 3052 eventually, when I get around to it, even with the heavy 50lb weights on each corner rotflmao

I have no desire to push my car to the limits, breaking things each time you go out isn't what I consider a "fun day".

Last edited by Daren Peacock; February 09, 2011 05:11 pm UTC.

98 Eclipse GSX DSM82HTA