I started off the day knowing I needed some form of cap to cover in the back of the housing. I was hoping for something to not only keep the weather out, but also provide a structural point to attach the rear of the projector to. I measured up the outside diameter to see what I could use...

[Linked Image]

Looks like I need something with about a 2.5 inch ID...

I found this at Canadian Tire, it was the closest match in size, but was still quite a bit smaller than what I needed. This pic shows the OD measurement of the light housing compared with the ID of the cap.

[Linked Image]

After a bit of die grinder fun, I was able to work about half of the cap sidewall thickness out. Finally it fit.

[Linked Image]

Things really couldn't have worked out better with this. After modifying the second cap as I did above, I used a hole saw to cut out a smaller hole for the threaded portion of the back of the projector to fit through.

Using the provided hardware, I sandwiched everything together making for a VERY secure mounting of the projector. This is before even using any urathane or other adhesives.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Finally I powered it up on the bench with the lens electrical taped back on to see how the pattern looked.

[Linked Image]

There it is!

[Linked Image]