Andrew, I'm not sure what your symptoms are but if you're having clutch disengagement issues then Reza is right... it's the South Bend disc / ACT 2600 pressure plate combo that is the problem.

I went through all this myself a month ago. I installed a new ACT Streetlight flywheel, South Bend TZ-Series Kevlar clutch disk, and ACT 2600 pressure plate.

• [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Once I got everything all back together the clutch would not disengage. I tried flushing the clutch fluid, bleed it extensively, and set the master cylinder adjustment rod, all as per TRE / Jacks Transmission instructions. No dice. With the engine running the transmission would not go into gear.

Upon doing some research, I discovered that this is particular issue is somewhat common when trying to pair a South Bend disk with a ACT pressure plate. It's partially due to the thickness of South Bend disks and partially to ACT design changes. Basically it's hit or miss whether they'll work together.

So I ended up pulling the transmission again, measured the South Bend disk at 8.65mm (0.340") thick and my ACT disk at 8.10mm (0.319")... about a 1/2 mm difference. I also measured the flywheel step and it was within spec at 0.611". Then I put an ACT disk on (in place of the South Bend) and put everything back together.

Disengagement issue solved! No problems thereafter.

Scott McIntyre
1997 Talon TSi AWD
2008 Mitsu EVO X MR