Yup 3 options:
(1) Remove the SBC disk and use an ACT disk.
(2) Use a lighter SBC PP with the same SBC disk. The heavier SBC pp's suffer from the same issue.
(3) Run a larger step height of at least 0.618" ^^^ Rob said it!

I actually tried the larger step height of 0.618, 2nd time I pulled the tranny. 8 thousands off the flywheel and it brought up the pedal height about another 1/2 inch ONLY.

I don't like clutch's engaging near or at the ground, but I got mines to shift well. From the research I did messaging a few other guys who got this working, they reported the same with it engaging off the ground, but still shifting very smooth up top.
I attribute that to the kevlar material which is softer.
Some guys actually like their clutch engaging off the ground, and claim its good for racing but to each his own smile If I had known the sbc disks would engage near the floor, I would not have bought one. If I knew the thickness before I bought it, I would have steered away too.

Anyhow 1" off the ground was still not what I prefered, so I pulled it out again and am using an ACT 6 puck sprung like I had previously with the step height of 0.618" on the flywheel.

What a great setup I have now, I would never run a 0.610 step height again on a DSM. I might even go upto 0.620" with an ACT disk next time. A bigger step height leaves you more room at the master to get full throw, at the expense of clamping pressure. ACT pp's have enough crank killing clamping pressure anyways lol

My clutch right now engages 3/4 up the top of the throw, not at the bottom, and my high rpm shifts are smooth and effortless.

If you really want to keep all your current clutch components and make this work at 3/4 of the way up the clutch pedal throw, I would suggest a step height of 0.625. Otherwise live with it and somewhere half way through the clutch disks life, it will fall into spec and shift the way it was intended.

I have a built tranny in my car with new syncros, so I didn't really want to wait till the disk wore down and fell into spec.

Main difference in thickness I attribute to the two disks, is the marcel in between the materials. ACT disk has a flattened marcel, SBC has a springy marcel.

IF sbc actually just flattened the marcel out in the disk like an ACT disk, it falls right into spec, and I'd be all over the sbc disk again.

Tim Zimmer did tell me that they will be making thinner disks for the next batch. If they are actually around 0.313" for the next batch, I'd try it over an ACT disk.

1G DSM: 1000+ AWHP, 9.2@162.83 MPH
Evo X: 746 AWHP, XR9569S pump gas
www.dynotuneracing.com